Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can't Delta see another Sky Team flight?

Old Oct 29, 13, 10:15 am
Original Poster

I am currently booked, via Delta, on a Kenyan Airways flight on 1 Nov from Nairobi to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as part of a longer Delta ticket (from the U.S. via Amsterdam to Nairobi). However, there is also the same flight on 31 October, and I have repeatedly called Delta to see if I can change my flight to 31 Oct (I'm flying on a changeable, Z Class (business) ticket. However, the Delta customer service rep on the phone keeps telling me there is no flight that day, even though a Kenyan Airways rep tells me there is, and also I can clearly see it on the Kenyan Airways web site. The Kenyan Airways rep say they can't change it because it's a Delta ticket.

Why can't Delta see this flight, if they're both part of Sky Team? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 13, 11:56 am

It's more a problem with KQ. Sometimes, even KQ reps can't see their own flights! If you do find that flight, you might even need to long-sell it. That's my experience with ticketing KQ on 006 stock, both award and revenue.
Old Oct 29, 13, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
I booked the same flights on KLM (DL to AMS, KLM to NBO and KQ to ADD) using a online service. Interestingly, they flights got booked on 006 DL tickets.

DL.com has a hard time seeing code shares.
Old Oct 29, 13, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by fromYXU View Post

DL.com has a hard time seeing code shares.
DL.dumb has a hard time finding its own azz with two hands and a flashlight.
Old Oct 29, 13, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai View Post
They should bring in the crack team that built healthcare.gov to fix it.
Old Oct 29, 13, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Well, my plan now is to try to change it when I get to Amsterdam (maybe KLM can see the flight even though Delta can not), and if that doesn't work, try again when I land in Nairobi. I'm really trying to avoid spending the night in Nairobi.
Old Oct 29, 13, 9:50 pm
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FADiver View Post
Well, my plan now is to try to change it when I get to Amsterdam (maybe KLM can see the flight even though Delta can not), and if that doesn't work, try again when I land in Nairobi. I'm really trying to avoid spending the night in Nairobi.
You aren't running into a minimum connection issue are you?

And if not, have you tried Twitter? The made a rather complex itinerary change for me recently - one I would not have asked a phone rep to handle.
Old Oct 30, 13, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by phenobarbital View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabai

They should bring in the crack team that built healthcare.gov to fix it.
Azz

Crack team

LOL
Old Oct 30, 13, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

OP you sure a Z class ticket is changeable without a change fee and re-pricing? not sure changing it mid-itinerary is a good idea unless you actually re-ticket, given DL IT. If they still show you on one flight but you board another instead you may find the remainder of your itinerary cancelled.
Old Oct 31, 13, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Because DL.dumb is dumb, and many DL Gents are trained poorly。give them the routing and time, they should eventually find it.
Old Oct 31, 13, 1:45 am

Have you tried asking them to use Delta Term or Shopping Tab?
Old Nov 9, 13, 8:34 am

Just tried the shopping tab suggestion and agent knew about it but still couldn't find anything.

AF web site clearly shows the CZ Y space I want but no dice. I hope it's not another interim enhancment!
Old Nov 9, 13, 11:14 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
When you call Delta are you asking to be escalated to a supervisor? Or perhaps the the ticket re-issue desk? You need an agent with a lot of experience and this might help. Are you a medallion on delta? If you are just calling the regular customer service number they are not great at handling complicated issues. . . .
Old Nov 9, 13, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
When you call Delta are you asking to be escalated to a supervisor? Or perhaps the the ticket re-issue desk? You need an agent with a lot of experience and this might help. Are you a medallion on delta? If you are just calling the regular customer service number they are not great at handling complicated issues. . . .
Just a lowly FO. Will try escalating when I call back. Weird because I just booked a similar award ticket on CZ a few months ago and it was seamless w/o status.
Old Nov 9, 13, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by infamousdx View Post
Just a lowly FO. Will try escalating when I call back. Weird because I just booked a similar award ticket on CZ a few months ago and it was seamless w/o status.
It totally depends on who takes your call. I would not take no as an immediate answer, keep pushing.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: