FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Why can't Delta see another Sky Team flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1516773-why-cant-delta-see-another-sky-team-flight.html)

FADiver Oct 29, 2013 10:15 am

Why can't Delta see another Sky Team flight?

I am currently booked, via Delta, on a Kenyan Airways flight on 1 Nov from Nairobi to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as part of a longer Delta ticket (from the U.S. via Amsterdam to Nairobi). However, there is also the same flight on 31 October, and I have repeatedly called Delta to see if I can change my flight to 31 Oct (I'm flying on a changeable, Z Class (business) ticket. However, the Delta customer service rep on the phone keeps telling me there is no flight that day, even though a Kenyan Airways rep tells me there is, and also I can clearly see it on the Kenyan Airways web site. The Kenyan Airways rep say they can't change it because it's a Delta ticket.

Why can't Delta see this flight, if they're both part of Sky Team? Any suggestions? Thanks!

currentjer Oct 29, 2013 11:56 am

It's more a problem with KQ. Sometimes, even KQ reps can't see their own flights! If you do find that flight, you might even need to long-sell it. That's my experience with ticketing KQ on 006 stock, both award and revenue.

fromYXU Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm

I booked the same flights on KLM (DL to AMS, KLM to NBO and KQ to ADD) using a online service. Interestingly, they flights got booked on 006 DL tickets.

DL.com has a hard time seeing code shares.

Sabai Oct 29, 2013 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by fromYXU (Post 21689497)

DL.com has a hard time seeing code shares.

DL.dumb has a hard time finding its own azz with two hands and a flashlight.

phenobarbital Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai (Post 21691715)

They should bring in the crack team that built healthcare.gov to fix it.

FADiver Oct 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, my plan now is to try to change it when I get to Amsterdam (maybe KLM can see the flight even though Delta can not), and if that doesn't work, try again when I land in Nairobi. I'm really trying to avoid spending the night in Nairobi.

TTT Oct 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by FADiver (Post 21691848)
Well, my plan now is to try to change it when I get to Amsterdam (maybe KLM can see the flight even though Delta can not), and if that doesn't work, try again when I land in Nairobi. I'm really trying to avoid spending the night in Nairobi.

You aren't running into a minimum connection issue are you?

And if not, have you tried Twitter? The made a rather complex itinerary change for me recently - one I would not have asked a phone rep to handle.

HongKonger Oct 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by phenobarbital (Post 21691750)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabai

They should bring in the crack team that built healthcare.gov to fix it.

Azz

Crack team

LOL

HongKonger Oct 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Why can't Delta see another Sky Team flight?

OP you sure a Z class ticket is changeable without a change fee and re-pricing? not sure changing it mid-itinerary is a good idea unless you actually re-ticket, given DL IT. If they still show you on one flight but you board another instead you may find the remainder of your itinerary cancelled.

mnredfox Oct 31, 2013 1:02 am

Because DL.dumb is dumb, and many DL Gents are trained poorly。give them the routing and time, they should eventually find it.

amolkold Oct 31, 2013 1:45 am

Have you tried asking them to use Delta Term or Shopping Tab?

infamousdx Nov 9, 2013 8:34 am

Just tried the shopping tab suggestion and agent knew about it but still couldn't find anything.

AF web site clearly shows the CZ Y space I want but no dice. I hope it's not another interim enhancment!

jdrtravel Nov 9, 2013 11:14 am

When you call Delta are you asking to be escalated to a supervisor? Or perhaps the the ticket re-issue desk? You need an agent with a lot of experience and this might help. Are you a medallion on delta? If you are just calling the regular customer service number they are not great at handling complicated issues. . . .

infamousdx Nov 9, 2013 11:38 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 21755706)
When you call Delta are you asking to be escalated to a supervisor? Or perhaps the the ticket re-issue desk? You need an agent with a lot of experience and this might help. Are you a medallion on delta? If you are just calling the regular customer service number they are not great at handling complicated issues. . . .

Just a lowly FO. Will try escalating when I call back. Weird because I just booked a similar award ticket on CZ a few months ago and it was seamless w/o status.

jdrtravel Nov 9, 2013 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx (Post 21755803)
Just a lowly FO. Will try escalating when I call back. Weird because I just booked a similar award ticket on CZ a few months ago and it was seamless w/o status.

It totally depends on who takes your call. I would not take no as an immediate answer, keep pushing.