Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member tvnwz

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member 355F1
Print Wikipost

Delta New 737-900ER Interior

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Changes to the A320 and 757-200 fleet...and a quick overview of the current FC configs:

Aircraft FC Seats
A319 12
717-200 12
737-700 12
A320 16
MD88 16
MD90 16
737-800 16
757-200 Transcon 16
757-200 Interport/Pacific 18
757-200 Domestic/Hawaii 20
737-900ER 20
757-300 24
767-300 30

The 7 iPort a/c will have 2 fewer FC seats due to an additional fwd galley.
Chris - a couple questions about the pending changes to the 757-200, a320 fleet, as well as the new 737-900s.

Will satellite TV be installed on the 737-900s? I saw on the Delta website the AVOD for the new type but wasn't certain if the satellite TV is being added later. Also, is there an increase in channels planned for the service.

I am especially curious if AVOD and satellite TV is coming to the A320 fleet along with the increase in the first class seats.

Skycubbie
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL PM
Hey DiverDave...Either way you slice it -- the number of physical FC seats in our fleet or the number of seats available each day (with each plane operating multiple flights) -- Delta still offers more FC seats than any other carrier.

Code:
 	        DL	AA	UA	US
Mainline	573	616	647	341
Large RJ	295	94	163	110
Total	        868	710	810	451
The numbers above were pulled from the most recent publicly available fleet data.
I'm not sure I'd want to brag about these numbers--of the mainline flights, the ones that tend to have full first class service--Delta is worst of the major three carriers (not counting WN of course). And you're going to remove how many more seats, around 100? That will put you in competition with US for last place!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
maybe DL will add pre-meal warmed mixed nut service so drinks are not plopped on your tray table and delivered all at once, and cookies/dessert on domestic flights. That might make paying for their domestic F worth it?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
FYI, all 738s will soon be getting AVOD. Also, I found this article that Zodiac has an order from two major U.S. airlines for the Heath Project Amber Interior and one for the C&D Zodiac A320 SmartBin.

Since DL is getting new interiors for the 757, I expect the 737NG fleet will also get the mods. I wonder though if DL is also the customer for the A320 SmartBin.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:42 am

Chris_DeltaCustExp,

Thank you for all of the info! A few questions...

Are the 757/75E mods going to be the Project Amber/ISIS interior with pivot bins?

Are the A319/320 mods the launch customer for the SmartBin?

It would be transformative for the boarding process and customer experience if all 737/757/A320 family aircraft had the large pivot bins.

<http://blog.apex.aero/cabin-interior/zodiac-announce-customers-737-a320-cabin-interiors/>

The article states:

"The Zodiac official described the three airlines as “US major” carriers, but declined to be more specific.

The 737 operators that fit that description are American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines (legacy Continental).

The US major airlines operating A320s are Delta (the old Northwest Airlines system), United (from legacy UAL) and US Airways. US Airways told APEX it is not the launch customer."
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by DLJJLD
Chris_DeltaCustExp,

Thank you for all of the info! A few questions...

Are the 757/75E mods going to be the Project Amber/ISIS interior with pivot bins?

Are the A319/320 mods the launch customer for the SmartBin?

It would be transformative for the boarding process and customer experience if all 737/757/A320 family aircraft had the large pivot bins.

<http://blog.apex.aero/cabin-interior/zodiac-announce-customers-737-a320-cabin-interiors/>

The article states:

"The Zodiac official described the three airlines as “US major” carriers, but declined to be more specific.

The 737 operators that fit that description are American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines (legacy Continental).

The US major airlines operating A320s are Delta (the old Northwest Airlines system), United (from legacy UAL) and US Airways. US Airways told APEX it is not the launch customer."
Interestingly, the article makes no mention of the 757. However, it was stated previously in this thread that the 757s will be getting a BSI-like interior. Maybe this applies to the 73G/738 fleet as well.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Air New Zealand's Premium Economy on the 787-9 is better than Delta's domestic first class.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/futur...my/premiumseat
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Hi HongKonger...I know this is an unpopular subject but just wanted to provide some facts about onboard advertising. Ads are played on climb out and descent, and are attached to the beginning of video content (which you can fast forward through). A limited number of ads will display while a customer is browsing the GUI. Ads never pop up or interrupt while viewing a movie.
Chris, I just want to let you know that, in my own personal experience, this is absolutely not the case. It has happened many times, and while in the F cabin. Right in the middle of programming, at seemingly arbitrary times, and several times during movies. Maybe I've had a string of bad luck across multiple flights, but I'm willing to bet it's not just me experiencing these annoying (and very very very loud) advertisements in the middle of programming.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:44 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by skycubbie
Chris - a couple questions about the pending changes to the 757-200, a320 fleet, as well as the new 737-900s.

Will satellite TV be installed on the 737-900s? I saw on the Delta website the AVOD for the new type but wasn't certain if the satellite TV is being added later. Also, is there an increase in channels planned for the service.

I am especially curious if AVOD and satellite TV is coming to the A320 fleet along with the increase in the first class seats.

Skycubbie
Satellite TV will be installed on the 737-900ER fleet. The delay is a result of new testing requirements for the radome, which covers the satellite antenna. The FAA last year passed new, more stringent requirements for radome bird strikes. As a result, the current radome is being redesigned for the -900ER. We expect sat TV installations to begin sometime in 2014 (sorry I can't be more specific on the date).

I'm going to stick to answering 737-900ER questions in this thread but am happy to comment on other fleets in other threads.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
I'm not sure I'd want to brag about these numbers--of the mainline flights, the ones that tend to have full first class service--Delta is worst of the major three carriers (not counting WN of course). And you're going to remove how many more seats, around 100? That will put you in competition with US for last place!
mudpuppy...my intent was not to brag, so I apologize if that's the way my response was interpreted. My goal was just to supply fleet facts and numbers.

In terms of removing FC seats...56 aircraft will be affected.

We'll also be adding 4 FC seats to the A320 fleet -- and the 88 717s joining the fleet (which have 12 FC seats) will be replacing CRJ200s, which do not have a FC cabin. Those numbers were not included in the stats from my previous post.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by brocklee9000
Chris, I just want to let you know that, in my own personal experience, this is absolutely not the case. It has happened many times, and while in the F cabin. Right in the middle of programming, at seemingly arbitrary times, and several times during movies. Maybe I've had a string of bad luck across multiple flights, but I'm willing to bet it's not just me experiencing these annoying (and very very very loud) advertisements in the middle of programming.
I passed this information on to our Sky Media team to look into.

If you experience this in the future, send me a PM via FT or send an email to [email protected], with the flight number, date and city pair.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
I passed this information on to our Sky Media team to look into.

If you experience this in the future, send me a PM via FT or send an email to [email protected], with the flight number, date and city pair.
Thanks for looking out for us Chris and providing lots of useful info.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
The mid cabin lav stays where it is. There will be 5 rows of FC and 2 rows of EC fwd of door 2. We will continue to board through door 2 whenever possible. I know that boarding via 2L and turning to the left into the premium cabin is a major plus for our customers...so that won't change.
I still don't get why they would want to reduce the size of the F cabin on these 757's. I flew SLC - DCA a couple Saturdays ago and as a GM, I was in Y with a long (for a Saturday) upgrade list with people who looked like they paid for F as opposed to got an upgrade up there.

At least one good thing is that all 757's will have the same seating configuration.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FitTraveler
Air New Zealand's Premium Economy on the 787-9 is better than Delta's domestic first class.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/futur...my/premiumseat
I would argue so is the Prem Econ product on AF. The difference is intercontinental vs. domestic.

The Air New Zealand product looks great though.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
So have these started flying yet? I'm on one on Thursday. Seat Guru labels 1C as yellow due to limited leg room. Is it really noticeable? The only other available FC seats are not on the aisle, so it's either bulkhead aisle or non-bulkhead window.

I suppose at the bulkhead at least you don't have anyone reclining into you so you should be able to keep your viewing angle on the TV, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.