Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If I engaged in theft at my place of employment I would be terminated; end of story. Giving away an F seat to a non-rev when there is still a medallion on the GIDS is theft in my opinion.
Definitely!

Zero tolerance for an employee stealing from customers or employer, even a dime. These GAs know exactly what they are doing.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:38 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by QueerEyeForDelta
I obviously misread your tone. Sorry, davetravels!
Thanx. Now we can get back to the issue . . . . For the um-teenth time , trying to figure out why the Company simply doesn't care about this enough to enforce it.

As to the general employee population community***, of course, it benefits them not to enforce it, but I can never figure out why the higher ups seem to think it's ok. Don't they care how a HVC feels when they experience this? Don't they care what's going thru their mind during the whole flight when they're sitting in Y stewing, knowing they should have been up front?

I realize that most FT'ers are savvy to this stuff, but, do they figure that most frequent flyers simply accept what's given to them (or not given to them)? Do they figure that, now there are only DL, UA & AA/US, so the customer really has nowhere else to go to?

Why did NW mgt care a lot about this, & these guys just don't?

***Changed from population to community, because Shena UGs also benefit friends and families at times.

Last edited by davetravels; Oct 20, 2013 at 8:50 pm Reason: ***
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If I engaged in theft at my place of employment I would be terminated; end of story. Giving away an F seat to a non-rev when there is still a medallion on the GIDS is theft in my opinion.
Totally +1, and in spite of some attemped justification of their actions here by certain posters, the GAs know exactly what they are doing. It is in fact theft and if DL told them there would be zero tolerance for their behavior, perhaps they'd think twice..I hope the OP reports this to DL Corporate via certified snail mail...if the incident is reported via email on the DL website, the OP will probably receive some SkyMiles and the incident will be thrown under the rug.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Zero tolerance for an employee stealing from customers or employer, even a dime. These GAs know exactly what they are doing.
The GA wasn't stealing. At most, he/she was violating a policy.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by telloh
How is that not stealing? The Medallion in question would have lost their (earned) upgrade had they not taken a picture of the GIDS! Why does that not make you angry beyond a wrist-slap?

How many high value customers would just quietly fly another airline, rather than not wanting to make a scene at the gate to fight for their upgrade? I know plenty of people that hate to make a scene--and they get taken advantage of. If it happens even once, that costs Delta money.

If it costs Delta money, it is stealing from shareholders.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Quote:

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

It is indeed theft of services. The GA is taking a resource that belongs to her employer and which her employer has directed be used in a particular fashion and instead used it for the benefit of her friends. That's theft.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Rumor is upgrades by formula may soon factor in MQD. But that won't change with the nonsense going on here. Same thing happened to me two weeks ago.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JW6130
Quote:

How is that not stealing? The Medallion in question would have lost their (earned) upgrade had they not taken a picture of the GIDS! Why does that not make you angry beyond a wrist-slap?

How many high value customers would just quietly fly another airline, rather than not wanting to make a scene at the gate to fight for their upgrade? I know plenty of people that hate to make a scene--and they get taken advantage of. If it happens even once, that costs Delta money.

You're right but it is theft in an even more direct sense.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. It is theft of services.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:24 pm

Delta is a bit like a two-timing boyfriend. It made promises to the customers, it made promises to the employees. Then it made all sorts of operational, routing and program changes over the last 5 years that made it impossible to keep those promises. Obviously they prioritize the customers over employees.

In terms of customers leaving, the actions of a rouge GA now and then is a drop in the bucket. I would speculate far more customers have left over frustration over the award calendar.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by motytrah
Delta is a bit like a two-timing boyfriend. It made promises to the customers, it made promises to the employees. Then it made all sorts of operational, routing and program changes over the last 5 years that made it impossible to keep those promises. Obviously they prioritize the customers over employees.

In terms of customers leaving, the actions of a rouge GA now and then is a drop in the bucket. I would speculate far more customers have left over frustration over the award calendar.
This is just my opinion, but I think it happens more than people let on.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
For sure it happens in ATL, maybe usually not so blatantly, but certainly the holding back of UGs so that everyone has boarded and then letting their pals board in F. Yeah yeah, you board you lose. The spirit of that "rule" is to give the GA some leeway to get the flight out on time ahead of meticulously following the UG list in cases where a delay might ensue. It's not so that NRSAs can score UGs at our expense.

Then there are GAs who make a point of following procedure and clearing the UGs before boarding ST+ despite the presence of NRSAs or coming onboard and bringing you up-front.

It's probably a controversial point among employees: those who think 'wth DL screws us with this so why should we not do what we can for ourselves' and those who think policies mean something and should be upheld. We see the same attitude on this board: those who take advantage of the glitch that allows people to "change" to the same flight if it's delayed and get on the UG list ahead of their turn, and those who think it's pretty despicable.

These things are usually a zero-sum game and those who don't play by the rules (in their spirit as well as their letter) usually ruin it for the rest of us.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by KOTAR1988
ask me about Flt #2202 from LAS-->ATL last Sunday and 1B
I'm asking as I fly LAS-ATL on DL flt #2202 many times. What happened? I am asking? Maybe the same thing happened to me????
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by rasmcasm
Rumor is upgrades by formula may soon factor in MQD.
MQD could factor in two ways:
- to further segment status, e.g., DM with $65k MQD vs DM with $20k MQD
- to more accurately reflect fare paid per segment vs fare code

The other rumor is that the windows will change to ensure more Delta360's and DM's sit upfront- i.e., PM's, GM's, and FO's will be gate upgrades.

Delta is working really hard to identify and differentiate those who contribute the most financially, the real elites... and they ain't the BIS'rs.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 12:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by motytrah
Quote:

DL made no promise of F to employees, they promised F only after all medallions had been UGed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.