Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.

SCORE ONE for the good guys! I stopped the GA from giving my UG to a non rev.

Old Oct 19, 13, 8:52 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Posts: 7,319
Now, THAT is a BF upgrade for the ages.

Well played, sir. ^ ^

David
DiverDave is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 11:52 am
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,094
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp View Post
This may start a new trend of FT'ers taking pictures of the GIDS when their UG clears! ^
I am sure you said this tongue in cheek, but actually not a bad idea - I may do just that.
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 11:54 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Planet Earth(most days)
Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 1,544
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
I'm a little confused . . . At some point, you hafto board. The screen said he got the UG. Nuff said! It shouldn't change!
Sorry, it was quite mushy reading last night due to a particular reserved bourbon that I may have had a glass or two and the story was quite difficult to read.

Sorry, I don't get the corealtion to Friday nite?
According to my home airport agents, ATL on Fridays and Saturdays are devoid of most of the shift and duty managers. Red coats are spotty if ever seen on Fridays/Saturdays.
aviatorzz is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 11:55 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ATL/LAX
Posts: 4,876
Please send the letter in. No matter your intention, that GA deserves to lose their job for attempted theft of an upgrade.

In the 2 years since this event, I haven't seen that GA at my home airport.
amolkold is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 11:56 am
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CHA, MAN;
Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Posts: 11,094
Originally Posted by aviatorzz View Post
Sorry, it was quite mushy reading last night due to a particular reserved bourbon that I may have had a glass or two and the story was quite difficult to read.
I for one, fully understand . You are definitely forgiven. ^
GRALISTAIR is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 12:03 pm
  #21  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,992
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
I am sure you said this tongue in cheek, but actually not a bad idea - I may do just that.
I wasn't kidding, I think it is a great idea! ^
RSSrsvp is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 1:13 pm
  #22  
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: PIT
Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Posts: 15,408
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp View Post
I wasn't kidding, I think it is a great idea! ^
Isn't it a shame that it's come to that?
davetravels is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 2:08 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,117
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp View Post
I wasn't kidding, I think it is a great idea! ^
Of course you weren't kidding, because that would be a comedic approach.
misterbean is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 2:41 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Up North
Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Posts: 782
It's a hollow victory. Now, I'm not defending the GA at all.... because it is wrong. However, now during that downtime after the door closed and closing the flight... or maybe in the breakroom this will be a subject of conversation about "that a-hole" and how to not make it apparent the next time they try to pull it.

Now, oddly enough, your check-in timestamp was after the flight left and wasn't at the right code that a DM should be at, unless your ft info is incorrect?
Starblazer is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 4:03 pm
  #25  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Posts: 227
How/why did GIDS indicate UP the when scanned OP received original assignment, 19D? Did the GA reverse the upgrade in an attempt to fake him out?
fattieonboard is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 4:22 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Programs: DL MM Gold
Posts: 1,622
Originally Posted by fattieonboard View Post
How/why did GIDS indicate UP the when scanned OP received original assignment, 19D? Did the GA reverse the upgrade in an attempt to fake him out?
Sounds that way. The GA was counting on the GIDS display not being noticed by the OP before she played keep-away with the upgrade. That's what makes it truly evil.
TheRoadie is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 4:44 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 367
Same f***ing thing happened to me last Sunday in ATL on the last flight out to CLT. Gate agent scanned BP, said I didn't get upgrade. I protested and finally boarded. I told her the people at the Skyclub must have been liars when they said I was number 1 for upgrade and here were 5 spots in first with positive space. She finally came back onto the plane at the last second to give me the new BP. I left my laptop bag in my coach EC seat and waltzed up to first. When the flight was over, some large Jamacian woman was kicking my bag around. Had to wait for half of Y to deplane before I could get my roller board and laptop bag. Complained to Delta, 100 USD useless Richard Andersen special ham sandwich Delta Dollars were issued to me.

P.s. it's not called Business Elite anymore, it's called "non-revs gone wild". That whole section on international flights is one big non-rev party!

Last edited by BumpMeVoucherMeATL; Oct 19, 13 at 4:54 pm
BumpMeVoucherMeATL is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 5:27 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 5,230
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL View Post
P.s. it's not called Business Elite anymore, it's called "non-revs gone wild". That whole section on international flights is one big non-rev party!
bubbashow is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 6:46 pm
  #29  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Posts: 7,982
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL View Post
Same f***ing thing happened to me last Sunday in ATL on the last flight out to CLT. Gate agent scanned BP, said I didn't get upgrade. I protested and finally boarded. I told her the people at the Skyclub must have been liars when they said I was number 1 for upgrade and here were 5 spots in first with positive space. She finally came back onto the plane at the last second to give me the new BP. I left my laptop bag in my coach EC seat and waltzed up to first. When the flight was over, some large Jamacian woman was kicking my bag around. Had to wait for half of Y to deplane before I could get my roller board and laptop bag. Complained to Delta, 100 USD useless Richard Andersen special ham sandwich Delta Dollars were issued to me.

P.s. it's not called Business Elite anymore, it's called "non-revs gone wild". That whole section on international flights is one big non-rev party!
Curious why you left the laptop bag?
HongKonger is offline  
Old Oct 19, 13, 7:20 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Osaka
Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive
Posts: 527
What disgusting service but this employee! I would still write Delta and let them know. This is awful that this employee would treat non paying employees better than the people who actually pay for tickets.
Pi7473000 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: