Delta360 for HVC DM's

Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CVGREF
I am currently at 155k MQM's and $59k MQD's, with another 25k MQM's and $10k MQD's booked for travel in November, but have not received this invitation.
wowsers - that is not bad at all - I could only dream of that amount of spend.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Delta has always treated me well, especially around Christmas time. This has been an off travel year for me, but I'm still at 150mqm this year not counting roll over, and $51k spend. I haven't received any notification about 360. I'm LAX based. I wonder if this is targeted by market for now.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:21 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Sounds like Dunder-Mifflin Infinity Two-Point-Oh.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
I got one spending $3.5k cash and $9k in vouchers. I should also include I am flying over 300,000 MQMs a year as a Double Diamond DYKWIA.
Your numbers don't even begin to add up.

But, thanks for playing.

David
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
I received notification today -- an email, a phone call, and a FedEx package at my door when I got home.

Sensed something was coming because of Delta's focus on HVC's, lack of an unpublished top tier, and a few special acknowledgements over the past several months.

I'm glad Delta is focusing on this segment.
I agree. They should give those who are their best customers by value more attention.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Even if this did lead to a higher medallion upgrade level above DM, is anyone worried? I am going to hazard a guess that most people with the spend level required are not buying Y.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta DM 360, MR Plat, RR, SPG Gold
I am at 40K MQD's, 207K MQM for the year and will likely finish out at over 50K MQD and 250K MQM...nothing here. Guess I am still a LVC...

I am RDU based though and most of my connections are via DTW so I have never even been lucky enough to get the Porsche treatment.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
If DL tossed this my way I would shift more business back. This year:

DL: 100K miles BIS (have hit DM due to rollover and AMEX MQMs)
$13K MQD and counting
$110K DL Reserve AMEX spend

AA: 98K miles BIS
$15K airfare spend with about $20K more coming this year (two large TATLs up front)
$30K Citi Card spend

My issue is that I cannot count on DL for tight connections. Knowing that someone actually "has my back" would go a long way to limiting my use of AA...particularly since I am within striking distance of MM on DL.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Your numbers don't even begin to add up.
But, thanks for playing. David
You have to admit he is good for amusement value though.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
DL's base Diamond program in some ways is better than UA's GS program:

125% status bonus vs 100% for UA
Free Skyclub access vs none for UA
Choice Benefits (but UA has usable SWU's, so maybe that doesn't count)
and an airline that's arguably more operationally reliable than UA

I am glad to see Delta offer something like 360 to HVC's, if for no other reason than to address the whining about not getting recognition worthy of their spend.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
If DL tossed this my way I would shift more business back. This year:

DL: 100K miles BIS (have hit DM due to rollover and AMEX MQMs)
$13K MQD and counting
$110K DL Reserve AMEX spend

AA: 98K miles BIS
$15K airfare spend with about $20K more coming this year (two large TATLs up front)
$30K Citi Card spend

My issue is that I cannot count on DL for tight connections. Knowing that someone actually "has my back" would go a long way to limiting my use of AA...particularly since I am within striking distance of MM on DL.
Fairly confident I would get it, but if I didn't....I would consider switching to AA. I've considered it before because CK resembles the GS of old, and being LAX based AA is a good alternative. I've been keeping an eye on the USAir merger, and if it dies in the courts AA would certainly be something to consider. It's not even that 360 would offer me much, but that Delta would fail to recognize, not only my business, but the the business I bring them from my company.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Fairly confident I would get it, but if I didn't....I would consider switching to AA. I've considered it before because CK resembles the GS of old, and being LAX based AA is a good alternative. I've been keeping an eye on the USAir merger, and if it dies in the courts AA would certainly be something to consider. It's not even that 360 would offer me much, but that Delta would fail to recognize, not only my business, but the the business I bring them from my company.

It's interesting...my impression is that AA is ahead of DL in every way except their hard product. I feel much more appreciated as an EXP on AA than I do as a DM on DL. The Porsche rides and things like that are nice but what I really want is to feel valued as demonstrated by the airline actually making sure my travel experience is seamless. I could care less about the thanking me for being a DM or giving me more miles that I can't use anyway. What matters is how I am handled during IRROPS and reaccommodation.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
It's interesting...my impression is that AA is ahead of DL in every way except their hard product. I feel much more appreciated as an EXP on AA than I do as a DM on DL. The Porsche rides and things like that are nice but what I really want is to feel valued as demonstrated by the airline actually making sure my travel experience is seamless. I could care less about the thanking me for being a DM or giving me more miles that I can't use anyway. What matters is how I am handled during IRROPS and reaccommodation.
I've heard a lot people say that AA is more sophisticated handling HVC's and VIP's. Based on your experience can you mention a couple examples of how AA has treated you better and what Delta would have done in a similar situation?
Old Oct 19, 2013, 4:13 pm
Suspended

The hard product and customer service on Delta is hard to beat. AA is going to go through some pains personal wise as they leave bankruptcy due to give backs. IROOPS is one place where Delta excels and for me to know that if something goes wrong I don't have the highest priority would be pretty disappointing, especially knowing that for me CK is a slam dunk if what I understand from a couple friends who are members is correct.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't know if anyone can actually know the real answer to this, but I've always wondered how much that matters.

I've been PM/DM for the last 10 years, and I purchase - usually on my DL Amex - tickets for about 12 staff. My spend varies by year but often tops out around 100K.

I know that's not a lot of money in the world of corp travel, but I really would love to have some sense of whether DL actually even tracks that kind of spend, and how much they care.

Originally Posted by Deadtail

<snip>
not only my business, but the the business I bring them from my company.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.