Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta360 for HVC DM's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Oh My! Not sure if it is because I am part of Delta 360 but received a nice Christmas gift from Delta today. . . a 750 ml bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and two crystal drinking glasses from Tiffany's. It was quite a surprise for me. I've never received anything like this from a service that I use. Thank you Delta!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Cdwoodley
Oh My! Not sure if it is because I am part of Delta 360 but received a nice Christmas gift from Delta today. . . a 750 ml bottle of Johnny Walker Blue and two crystal drinking glasses from Tiffany's. It was quite a surprise for me. I've never received anything like this from a service that I use. Thank you Delta!
Sounds like what happened last year. See this thread.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
You're right! And it seems others are receiving their bottles as well. It may not be news to all of you out there, but it was definintely a surprise to me! I could get used to this treatment! Not sure what I have done to deserve all of this attention but is fun while it lasts.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Cdwoodley
I hope other airlines match
(then again, I can drink as much JW Blue as I like in the BA GF lounge...)
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Guess I'm not getting one.. oh well. After months of trying to get them to fix missing MQDs from a tpac BE flight earlier this year that was routed due to mx, now I'm told the ticket is too old to credit the MQD so I'm out whatever that would've added to my value score.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
Guess I'm not getting one.. oh well. After months of trying to get them to fix missing MQDs from a tpac BE flight earlier this year that was routed due to mx, now I'm told the ticket is too old to credit the MQD so I'm out whatever that would've added to my value score.
Why would you try to do that?
They don't even matter for this year.
I have a spreadsheet for expense/personal purposes.
(I would just add the fare and YQYR columns where airline=1)
On the spreadsheet I have codes for airlines (i.e. AA=1, AC=2, CX=3, UA=4, BA=5...)
Anyways, this won't matter as whenever AA announces an equivalent change, I can change address (and have applicable proof via passports/ID cards.)
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Why would you try to do that?
They don't even matter for this year.
It does not, but it does. It does not affect medallion status, but I am certain that it is used (in conjunction with other scales) for internal purposes, e.g. decide on 360 memberships, support in IRROPS, etc.. If there's MQD calc., I am certain that there is a financial value calc. as well (capturing more than MQD), and everything in the long run will be counted. I am pretty sure that in one way or another, cpm is also part of the calculation.

I really hope that they'd get it fixed for Jan-1, or that the system has a manual override to do corrections.

PS- If DL ever wants to send me a JW blue... thank you, but I do much prefer something else

Last edited by DLroads; Dec 20, 2013 at 9:24 am
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by DLroads
It does not, but it does. It does not affect medallion status, but I am certain that it is used (in conjunction with other scales) for internal purposes, e.g. decide on 360 memberships, support in IRROPS, etc.. If there's MQD calc., I am certain that there is a financial value calc. as well (capturing more than MQD), and everything in the long run will be counted. I am pretty sure that in one way or another, cpm is also part of the calculation.
Thats why I tried to get it corrected... because I'm certain they do have internal calculations to determine your score which in turn impacts other things. If it was a few hundred dollar domestic trip I wouldn't have bothered, but it was several $k from half of a tpac that is missing.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: Delta Unobtanium, HHonors Diamond, Total Rewards Seven Stars
My father is Delta360. Benefit of full fare bookings because of his business and his travel is exclusively international. MQD $125108, MQS 53, MQM 440149.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLroads
PS- If DL ever wants to send me a JW blue... thank you, but I do much prefer something else
Especially if it requires a signature and I am away!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kidtechno
My father is Delta360. Benefit of full fare bookings because of his business and his travel is exclusively international. MQD $125108, MQS 53, MQM 440149.
Including how many rollover?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Unobtanium, HHonors Diamond, Total Rewards Seven Stars
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Including how many rollover?
About 190
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Received my bottle and Tiffany glasses as well. A very nice gesture although neither the wife or I drink Scotch. The friend I gave it to was thrilled.
Getting a ride w close connections is great! Wife makes the reservations and gives the line a thumbs up as a vast improvement.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
Received my bottle and Tiffany glasses as well. A very nice gesture although neither the wife or I drink Scotch. The friend I gave it to was thrilled.
Yes, this year's bottle has just the "Happy Holidays" inscription on the bottle (compared to last year's which had the individual's name as well!) - definitely makes re-gifting easier!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes, this year's bottle has just the "Happy Holidays" inscription on the bottle (compared to last year's which had the individual's name as well!) - definitely makes re-gifting easier!
Last year I got aHarry and David basket with fruit, sausage and cheese. Very nice.
Still the nicest gesture Delta ever made was when I returned to flying after a very serious illness. My wife had called to cancel a couple of flights due to the illness and told the then EP line that I would ot be flying for a while. When she made a reservation for me 4 months later, the agent saw from my file I had been ill and told ,y wife they were very glad I was better. Later that day a beautiful floral arrangement was delivered with a card that said welcome ack to the skies.
A lot of you, I am sure won't think much of the gesture, but I thought it was very thoughtful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.