Wiki Posts
Search

Delta at CMH

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Delta at CMH

I was in CMH today for the first time in a long time and noticed two things.
1. Delta has a ton of gates there, almost focus cityesque.
2. Lots of construction. Is DL paying for any of the upgrades at the the terminal, or is that CMH paying for it?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
I moved to Columbus in January from Kansas City and don't believe CMH is a focus city. Here are my observations:

1. MCI has much greater Delta presence and more non-stop destinations
2. CMH only has flights to some hubs (none to SLC) and lots of regional jets
3. The construction going on is in all of the terminals and not just Delta.Similar to ODOT, I haven't seen any progress since I moved here.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:41 pm

WN has lots of flights in CMH as well
Old Oct 11, 2013, 10:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL PM
All three concourses at CMH are being refreshed, it's not just a Delta thing.

They have the C concourse all to themselves but not sure if they are paying to lease all the gates. They have been moving down the concourse as individual gate areas were being remodeled.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
A quick google search turned up the terminal modernization program about CMH.

But, CMH is mostly ERJ/CRJ flying, with the exception of the MSP/ATL hubs. If I remember correctly, someone stated that CMH is a Chautauqua/Shuttle America base, which may or may not be the reason why they have so many flights through that city.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Armani
I moved to Columbus in January from Kansas City and don't believe CMH is a focus city. Here are my observations:

1. MCI has much greater Delta presence and more non-stop destinations
2. CMH only has flights to some hubs (none to SLC) and lots of regional jets
3. The construction going on is in all of the terminals and not just Delta.Similar to ODOT, I haven't seen any progress since I moved here.
Delta flies to RDU, Boston, DCA and seasonally CUN, in addition to all the hubs BUT SLC. It may not be a focus city technically, but they've built a nice little presence at CMH that is the best network out of CMH, unless you like flying on the bus.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:24 am

No DCA flights anymore more daily to LAX and 5 times a day to LGA.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
The BOS-CMH route is the reason I started flying Delta in the first place. I am still quite surprised that this is available.

Yes, the airport is a bit old, and yes, it is tiny, and yes, the TSA there is a bit "special," and, no, there is no Sky Club, but there are a lot of nice things about CMH:

1.) The Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe is a nice (and reasonably priced) alternative to a Sky Club - and they have Sam Adams on tap! Columbus Brewing Company (CBC) is pretty solid, too, and the food is probably better here than at the BHoFC.
2.) There is a vending machine that sells pints of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams - made locally in Columbus.
3.) Free and fairly fast wifi - hey, you can't even say that about ATL.
4.) Cheap parking - yay, Midwest!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by johnincolumbus
Delta flies to RDU, Boston, DCA and seasonally CUN, in addition to all the hubs BUT SLC. It may not be a focus city technically, but they've built a nice little presence at CMH that is the best network out of CMH, unless you like flying on the bus.
I am surprised at RDU, but MCI had nonstops to these cities, LAX, and a few other cities. Are any of these on larger regionals (E175/CR90)? If i have to connect, I prefer DTW and many flights there are the small 3 across Embraers which I hate even more than CRJ's. MCI also had flights to CVG.

I would definitiely prefer to fly Delta over Southwest, but wish they had more flights on something other than the small regionals, as well as to SLC. Even the MSP flights are regionals, so connecting to the West is difficult.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Deleted.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Armani
I am surprised at RDU, but MCI had nonstops to these cities, LAX, and a few other cities. Are any of these on larger regionals (E175/CR90)? If i have to connect, I prefer DTW and many flights there are the small 3 across Embraers which I hate even more than CRJ's. MCI also had flights to CVG.

I would definitiely prefer to fly Delta over Southwest, but wish they had more flights on something other than the small regionals, as well as to SLC. Even the MSP flights are regionals, so connecting to the West is difficult.
Your mainline options on DL out of CMH are going to be Atlanta, LAX, DTW, MSP...They do have E170s to some places, not sure which though. Most likely NYC markets.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
I find it hard to believe with the proximity of CVG and to a larger extent DTW..But it almost seems like CMH is going focus city-esque ala RDU.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by greycap7
I find it hard to believe with the proximity of CVG and to a larger extent DTW..But it almost seems like CMH is going focus city-esque ala RDU.
My guess is partly due to 60K+ students at THE Ohio State University, state capital, and I think JP Morgan Chase has a large office there.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
In my 5+ years of doing weekly-ish travel, ATL-CMH on a Mon AM is one of the roughest upgrades I've seen. 16 as a DM on a K fare once, and I've never been higher than about 8 even on an M fare.

Lots and lots of corp travel here, it seems. A few major insurance carriers, some big retail, among others.

TSA is definitely special.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:57 pm

I just booked CMH to DCA via RDU. Was surprised Delta flies CMH-RDU but not -DCA, but I don't mind routing through RDU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.