FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   AMEX Companion Cert. Not Showing Up on DL.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1510982-amex-companion-cert-not-showing-up-dl-com.html)

Jcarpenter Oct 10, 2013 3:27 pm

AMEX Companion Cert. Not Showing Up on DL.com

I just got an email from Delta saying to use my companion pass by next August. I went on Delta's website to check it out and it doesn't show them under my credits and certificates anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope its just a glitch as I've deleted previous emails with codes.

Smyrnaflyer Oct 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jcarpenter (Post 21587732)
I just got an email from Delta saying to use my companion pass by next August. I went on Delta's website to check it out and it doesn't show them under my credits and certificates anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hope its just a glitch as I've deleted previous emails with codes.

I had the same experience. Bizarre.

henwood Oct 10, 2013 4:13 pm

Mine is missing also. Got to be a glitch.
Not to mention waaaay slow to even come up right now.

fredjr Oct 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Earlier this past summer AMEX turned the companion certificate coupon allocation over to Delta. The one week turn around is now about 6 weeks. We were told 4 to 6 but it took the 6 weeks.
If you are past the 6 weeks you can start calling Delta.

FlyingDL4Fun Oct 11, 2013 6:49 am

I'm missing mine as well. Usually they show up right away. I called AMEX and they said the typical "it can take 6-8 weeks". But it is strange....I'm at week 5 now

cruise2006 Oct 11, 2013 7:09 am

I just happened to check ours out yesterday and everything was as normal... so may just be a timing problem as some have posited. Unlike many posts I have seen here, we have always been able to make good use of certificates every year as we have family back east so we also are able to make it cost effective for our purposes.

Good Luck

kidstwo Oct 11, 2013 3:43 pm

I received same email. My certificate is in My Wallet. However my email also stated:

Please note that this will be the last Companion Certificate you are eligible to receive, as this benefit will no longer be awarded to Gold Delta SkyMiles Cardmembers

Is the benefit being replaced with something else? If so does anyone know with what?

gregman858 Oct 11, 2013 3:46 pm

I renewed my AMEX and was charged the $150 renewal fee at the end of August, but I have not yet received my companion certificate as well.

Usually, I receive the certificate right away after renewal.

GregInMN Oct 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Mine showed up a week after my anniversary renewal date which was Aug 31. This week I also got an email fro DL making sure I use my comanion certificate. No issues here.

gooselee Oct 11, 2013 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by kidstwo (Post 21593206)
I received same email. My certificate is in My Wallet. However my email also stated:

Please note that this will be the last Companion Certificate you are eligible to receive, as this benefit will no longer be awarded to Gold Delta SkyMiles Cardmembers

Is the benefit being replaced with something else? If so does anyone know with what?

Companion cert is no longer a benefit of the Gild DL Amex. Just Plat/Reserve.

I had the opposite experience as OP. I noticed my cert in My Wallet a couple weeks ago, and just yesterday got the email.

nmoe Oct 13, 2013 9:56 am

I renew on September 3rd and still haven't gotten mind. I emailed Delta last week and they said 6-8 weeks.

brazzleman Oct 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by nmoe (Post 21600434)
I renew on September 3rd and still haven't gotten mind. I emailed Delta last week and they said 6-8 weeks.

I'm still waiting on mine - have the reserve card - emailed Amex, they say talk to Delta. Emailed Delta, they say talk to Amex. My anniversary date was in September.

gooselee Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by brazzleman (Post 21690188)
I'm still waiting on mine - have the reserve card - emailed Amex, they say talk to Delta. Emailed Delta, they say talk to Amex. My anniversary date was in September.

Did the AF appear on your September billing cycle (the one that began in Sept and ended in Oct)? If so, Amex may be waiting until the end of the cycle in which the AF has been paid to post the cert - which would be Nov.

I'm not saying that that's right or that it's what's happening in your case, but it could be an explanation of the distance from "anniversary date" to when the cert actually posts.

I haven't been able to decipher a pattern yet in when these things actually show up....

xliioper Oct 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by brazzleman (Post 21690188)

The certs do not appear until you actually make a payment on the statement that has your renewal fee. My card anniversary date was 8/25/2013 with a payment due date in September. My cert appeared a day or two after I made the August statement payoff in September. The cert was issued on 9/26/2013 and the expiration date is 10/31/2014. I suspect they are doing it this way now because people were using the cert, and then cancelling their card before paying the renewal fee.

brazzleman Nov 1, 2013 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 21690509)
The certs do not appear until you actually make a payment on the statement that has your renewal fee. My card anniversary date was 8/25/2013 with a payment due date in September. My cert appeared a day or two after I made the August statement payoff in September. The cert was issued on 9/26/2013 and the expiration date is 10/31/2014. I suspect they are doing it this way now because people were using the cert, and then cancelling their card before paying the renewal fee.

It finally showed up today. My renewal statement closed 9/28, so I went thru one more billing cycle, closing on 10/28, before getting certificate, 11/1.