Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Museum Renovation Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Delta Flight Museum to Open in Atlanta in 2014

The former Delta Heritage Museum will be completely renovated and get a new name and new exhibitis.

Delta Flight Museum to Open in Atlanta in 2014

Delta Air Lines announced plans to renovate the former Delta Heritage Museum, which will reopen in June 2014 as the Delta Flight Museum. The project is being funded by a $6.3 million grant from the Delta Air Lines Foundation plus additional corporate sponsorship....

<SNIP>
Below is an image from the former Delta Heritage Museum
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Looks good! ^ Some renderings of the new museum:

Building:

Entrance:

Exhibits:

View all photos here.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:50 am
Original Poster

It was high time Delta did this. The Heritage Museum was not really representative of the image Delta wants to project today.

Drawings do look grand!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
But to ensure a consistent DL experience, there will be long waits to enter, the online calendar to pre-purchase tickets will be non-functional, restrooms will have single ply toilet paper, any complaints will be answered with form letters generated by a computer, the concession stand will only sell Gordon's gin and you will be constantly bombarded by sales people hawking AmEx. In addition, to see any exhibits beyond the broken down MD-88 they'll park out front, customers will be asked to pay an additional upcharge for admission to the Luxury Flight Museum.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Sadly they're doing this just as they rushed to destroy the Worldport before anyone could take action. Would have been great to have a branch in there!

Too late...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:28 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Too bad it will go from free to paid admission.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andymo99
Agree 100%, but I suppose it needs to be supported somehow.

Although change will be make it look like a real museum, I really liked the simplicity of it as it is now. I scheduled a really long layover in ATL about six months ago and had a contact that was able to get my daughter and I in. She loved the place and it was just so neat to be that close to all the old planes.

Hopefully it keeps the same old feel.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Will the admission fee be based on time of visit, advance purchase, length of visit, and be accompanied by 5 pages of arcane admission fee rules?

Last edited by DLdweeb; Jun 28, 2013 at 12:27 pm
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Yes paid admission will be available in Low, Medium, & High Prices
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
There will be a Fun interactive game area for kids!

Hey kids, wanna be like mom & dad? Try our fun game called "can you actually use your Skymiles"?

Use the fun kid computer & try to book a flight at the "LOW" mileage rate! We bet you can't (wink wink)....dare to try!

Once your done playing, you'll now know why mom & dad use those bad words when trying to book a family vacation using Skymiles
Old Jun 29, 2013, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Sadly they're doing this just as they rushed to destroy the Worldport before anyone could take action. Would have been great to have a branch in there!

Too late...
I think the Worldport would have made a great setting for a branch of the museum too!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:16 am

I do enjoy the current layout of the Delta Heritage Museum. It is always a fun experience everytime I visit. I do look forward to the expansion and improvements. One thing I hope they do keep are the volunteers. They are all excellent and I enjoy hearing about their Delta experiences from over the years.

^
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: DL
I thought the cool announcement was that the new museum will have an actual flight simulator available for use. Seems like the new museum will be quite the step up from the current one and I know a lot of people are excited about it.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Delta Museum Renovation Update

Lots of good things happening. ^

http://www.deltamuseum.org/about-us/...ruction-update

David
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:26 am

I loved going there . I wish they rescued a 727 to put next to the 767.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.