Venice arrivals lounge

Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Venice arrivals lounge

I get into Venice around 11 in the morning, connecting from Boston and Amsterdam. I need to wait for over three hours for some others before we take the boat together to our hotel. Is there any kind of arrivals lounge or ability to stay plane side and use departures or other lounges (SC, Diners, Priority) where I can spend that time? I don't look forward killing three hours in the waiting area after an overnight flight

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions
Joe
Old Oct 7, 2013, 5:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you tried to look at the lists of lounges to which you might have access: SC, Diners, PP?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

lounges seem to be in Departures hall

I am not familiar with the airport. PP and Diners show a lounge in the departures hall which I assume is not accessible from arrivals. there is no SC showing though there may be an Alitalia/AF lounge but again, I wonder if anyone had any experience from the arrivals side.

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL, UA
I was in VCE over the summer and if memory serves, there is no arrivals lounge at all. Granted, I did not go looking for one as I had a bus to catch, but it seems unlikely too me that there is one. VCE is a rather small airport in all actuality and after you go through customs and immigration and claim your baggage, you are deposited into an arrivals hall which consists of a couple windows to buy tickets for busses, boats, et cetera, a coffee shop, and I believe the easyjet check in desks. There really isn't a whole lot of space down there so I wouldn't expect there to be an arrivals lounge. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by WidgetKid
I was in VCE over the summer and if memory serves, there is no arrivals lounge at all. Granted, I did not go looking for one as I had a bus to catch, but it seems unlikely too me that there is one. VCE is a rather small airport in all actuality and after you go through customs and immigration and claim your baggage, you are deposited into an arrivals hall which consists of a couple windows to buy tickets for busses, boats, et cetera, a coffee shop, and I believe the easyjet check in desks. There really isn't a whole lot of space down there so I wouldn't expect there to be an arrivals lounge. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
Agreed, on the small side with two parallel runways.

Nice airport that is easy to get through.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the airport is rather new, so it should be nice.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
We were there in August, we did not find any.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
There is no 'Venice arrival lounge', but there is a AZ airline lounge (SkyTeam partner). As I recall you need your DL DM or PM card to show at the lounge front desk. A DL SkyClub card will not get you in. According to their rules at the desk.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
There's a Priority Pass lounge with a nice terrace that overlooks the runway. Since you arrive on an intra-schengen flight, you will arrive airside. Not sure if the lounge will ask you for a departing BP but you can try.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Just rekindling this thread with a specific question: When arriving from JFK, are you funneled directly to passport control like at LHR or CDG, or do you wind up in the secure departures lounge like at FCO? Asking because I will have to wait for a fellow passenger and would like to get to the AZ lounge.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Just rekindling this thread with a specific question: When arriving from JFK, are you funneled directly to passport control like at LHR or CDG, or do you wind up in the secure departures lounge like at FCO? Asking because I will have to wait for a fellow passenger and would like to get to the AZ lounge.
You are funneled to passport control/baggage claim/arrivals lounge.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
I tried researching online and this old thread, but I am looking for an arrival lounge at Venice. We are flying nonstop from ATL, and would like a place to shower and grab a bite before leaving the airport. Are passengers still funneled through customs and immigration immediately after arrival, or in a secure area, such as AMS. I see a response from 2015, but wondering if things have changed since.

I have PP, and there is a landside lounge called Exact Change Business Center, does anyone have experience using this lounge as an arrival lounge, when arriving in Venice? You need to show a same day boarding pass, would a boarding pass from an arrival flight count?

Thanks,
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by WesTraveller
I tried researching online and this old thread, but I am looking for an arrival lounge at Venice. We are flying nonstop from ATL, and would like a place to shower and grab a bite before leaving the airport. Are passengers still funneled through customs and immigration immediately after arrival, or in a secure area, such as AMS. I see a response from 2015, but wondering if things have changed since.

I have PP, and there is a landside lounge called Exact Change Business Center, does anyone have experience using this lounge as an arrival lounge, when arriving in Venice? You need to show a same day boarding pass, would a boarding pass from an arrival flight count?

Thanks,
Nothing has changed. The Business Center is not really a lounge but a seating area with wifi and coffee. No food offered and soft drinks are for sale.
WesTraveller likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Nothing has changed. The Business Center is not really a lounge but a seating area with wifi and coffee. No food offered and soft drinks are for sale.
thnaks for the prompt response!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.