Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta mispriced award ticket - won't honor.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta mispriced award ticket - won't honor.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
The question is what the OP will do with the additional 25,000 miles. That's really what I want to know.
If he's never again going to book another DL ticket, either the miles go to charity or they expire when he does.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I've seen several of BC seats go for 100K to Europe (via SFO).

Delta has terrible CS. It's like talking to a wall, where eventually your bang your head so hard into the wall, that you're happy you have a concussion and don't remember why you were irritated.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by AirMileMillionaire
United is clearly much better at this whole CS thing...
Oh yes. Far superior. I fly both DL and UA and DL is much better.

Originally Posted by fti
That will only help DL and hurt you. It will also help those of us who want to use DL miles, since you and your staff won't be vying for any more award seats. Thank you!
agree... Thank you! And enjoy "the friendly skies!"
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
The question is what the OP will do with the additional 25,000 miles. That's really what I want to know.
Probably fly JFK-LAX round trip on a saver award.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stils
In coach?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In coach?
I may be wrong here but I would think finding JFK/LAX round trip at 25K miles in coach would be almost as difficult as finding a JFK/LAX round trip in First for 25k miles--> Impossible.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:39 am

With enhanced elite award availability, one should be able to find low coach for some especially low travel day, perhaps the afternoon of Thanksgiving Day, especially with creative connections.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I pay for first domestic and save the points for Int biz/first, generally speaking. Not sure how I will use them. Maybe another future trip to oz.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:24 am
Original Poster

If he's never again going to book another DL ticket, either the miles go to charity or they expire when he does.
If you read, I did say "if they don't make this right with me", which they did. I can forgive.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by smokingbunny
I've seen several of BC seats go for 100K to Europe (via SFO).
Well that's how much they cost to Europe (for the next, what, 7 or so months) at saver level so that isn't too surprising.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I may be wrong here but I would think finding JFK/LAX round trip at 25K miles in coach would be almost as difficult as finding a JFK/LAX round trip in First for 25k miles--> Impossible.
With enhanced elite award availability, one should be able to find low coach for some especially low travel day, perhaps the afternoon of Thanksgiving Day, especially with creative connections.
I actually see quite a bit of availability in coach for LAX-JFK. Things get dicey around the holidays and such, but honestly not that bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.