Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FO on Non-Rev, BFUG?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
I think there's some terminologies issues here. If OP is already confirmed in an EC seat (assuming on either a purchased regular ticket or "Fly Confirmed for Less" ticket), he/she is eligible for BFUG and that is NOT a nonrev (NRSA) ticket, it's treated the same as any other revenue ticket and passenger.

If on a "Fly Confirmed for Even Less" ticket, still NOT a nonrev (NRSA), but also not eligible for BFUG as far as I know, as well as mileage accrual, etc.

If this was a true NRSA/non-rev situation, OP wouldn't have a seat assignment or even know if he/she was on the flight until departure date/time.

MSPeconomist, my comment was in reference to your implication that NRSA (again, Non-rev space available standby travel) has varying fees based on the cabin one is seated in, which isn't true and to my knowledge has never been true on DL. Other carriers (cough, US, UA, AA...) may choose to shake a few extra dollars out of their employees for premium cabin travel, but DL isn't one, be it for their own employees, ZED, buddies, etc. ^
I guess I distinguish between nonrev and NRSA. I would call the Fly Confirmed for (Even) Less tickets nonrev, but obviously not NRSA because they are confirmed space rather than standby. (I would also consider NRPS to be nonev, but again obviously not NRSA.) Is there not a FC version of Fly Confirmed for Less?

IIRC certain employees (or sometimes employees traveling for certain business purposes) are allowed by DL to fly confirmed in FC for DL company business. Would this not also be considered nonrev (but again not NRSA)? If so, there would probably be some internal accounting within DL that would "charge" more for FC than coach confirmed travel.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there not a FC version of Fly Confirmed for Less?

IIRC certain employees (or sometimes employees traveling for certain business purposes) are allowed by DL to fly confirmed in FC for DL company business. Would this not also be considered nonrev (but again not NRSA)? If so, there would probably be some internal accounting within DL that would "charge" more for FC than coach confirmed travel.
Yes there is.

Yes some staff have that privilege (some have even greater privileges). IDK about the internal accounting process for NRPS/COBUS trips, so you could very well be right regarding this class of service difference in bookkeeping.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:28 pm

I guess I distinguish between nonrev and NRSA. I would call the Fly Confirmed for (Even) Less tickets nonrev, but obviously not NRSA because they are confirmed space rather than standby. (I would also consider NRPS to be nonev, but again obviously not NRSA.) Is there not a FC version of Fly Confirmed for Less?

FCFL and FCFEL are essentially the same, they are both "positive space", revenue tickets, with the only exception being that FCFEL doesn't accrue miles and is more restricted- akin to the difference between a YBM (FCFL) and a HQK (FCFEL) fare. I don't know what buckets they actually book into however.

I suspect that the FCFL/FCFEL programs are Delta's way around offering discounts through Delta.com for employees... I'd be willing to bet that it's just a neater and cleaner way to handle things instead of coupon codes etc.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
FCFL and FCFEL are essentially the same, they are both "positive space", revenue tickets, with the only exception being that FCFEL doesn't accrue miles and is more restricted- akin to the difference between a YBM (FCFL) and a HQK (FCFEL) fare. I don't know what buckets they actually book into however.

I suspect that the FCFL/FCFEL programs are Delta's way around offering discounts through Delta.com for employees... I'd be willing to bet that it's just a neater and cleaner way to handle things instead of coupon codes etc.
They're positive space and hence not NRSA, but aren't they considered nonrev?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.

I've seen FCFL fares booked into L & U. I agree w your earlier comment, some folks seem to define the terminology in different ways. Personally, I do not consider FCFL/FCFEL nonrev travel in that they are confirmed tickets, with assigned seats, and no distinguishing notations on your BP for the looky-loos on the quest to find Shena. Not to mention, they eliminate the stress related to nonrev/NRSA (standby) travel, so in my mind they are very different animals. Though I would use the terms nonrev/NRSA interchangeably, nonrev just being a shortened version of non-revenue space available...in the way I would typically use it, that is.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I've seen FCFL fares booked into L & U. I agree w your earlier comment, some folks seem to define the terminology in different ways. Personally, I do not consider FCFL/FCFEL nonrev travel in that they are confirmed tickets, with assigned seats, and no distinguishing notations on your BP for the looky-loos on the quest to find Shena. Not to mention, they eliminate the stress related to nonrev/NRSA (standby) travel, so in my mind they are very different animals. Though I would use the terms nonrev/NRSA interchangeably, nonrev just being a shortened version of non-revenue space available...in the way I would typically use it, that is.
Agreed - last year at Thanksgiving, I bought a Q fare on FCFL, and as a Diamond received all 757 base miles, the 125% bonus miles as a DM and an upgrade (at the window) to a first class seat on the 757...there is only one way on a BP is on the old style which shows the full farebasis codeunder your SM, it would append -DLFAM to the end to it (ie QA07A0NQ vs QA07A0NQ-DLFAM). It doesn't show block NRSA/NRPS letters on it, as it's not a nonrevenue ticket; it's a revenue ticket that is at a discount - when I flew on these, I certainly didn't consider it to be nonrev.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:19 pm

FCFL and FCLEL are both eligible for amenities in the event of an IROP as well (I believe- mersk862 correct me if I'm wrong) whereas NRSA/"nonrev" are not.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Not for a FO on an award ticket.
This is what I get for responding from my iPad. I saw the thread but not the title...I'm thinking from the thread, how does a FO not know that they are eligible for upgrades...the title that it's non-rev makes a lot more sense!
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Do you enjoy making things up as you go?
If I had to guess I would say MSPEconomist is correct. I could tell you that without even reading what he wrote because he's almost never wrong (and trust me I fact check a ton). I would honestly trust what he says without even verifying it. Perhaps you are just misinterprating what he's writing.

Regards,

mbwmbw
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
If I had to guess I would say MSPEconomist is correct. I could tell you that without even reading what he wrote because he's almost never wrong (and trust me I fact check a ton). I would honestly trust what he says without even verifying it. Perhaps you are just misinterprating what he's writing.

Regards,

mbwmbw
Factoid to consider...

You're assuming MSPeconomist is a he...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
Factoid to consider...

^
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Factoid to consider...

According to my research MSPeconomist is male. There's a chance I am wrong but I feel relatively confident in making that assessment.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 3:23 pm

According to my research MSPeconomist is male. There's a chance I am wrong but I feel relatively confident in making that assessment.
Re-check your sources, jefe...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
In about 2003 on NW I got an upgrade + companion--I was a Silver and the two of us were on award tickets. The plane was almost empty (Easter Saturday) so I sense the GA used what she deemed appropriate discretion.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Quote:

Factoid to consider...

Our survey SAYS:

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.