Programs: DL EOS...

Last edited by Ti22; Mar 26, 2014 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by Ti22; Mar 26, 2014 at 7:50 am
Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Not over yet. Last time that happened to me, I boarded, and right before the door closed I was moved up. Of course, it was a redeye and I was in 19D already on a 75X, so not sure if that was actually an upgrade...
Old Sep 27, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Ah...the dreaded #5 with 4 seats

Sitting in the SkyClub, splurging for a no-longer free beer deciding if I will board or not. Oh well. Could be worse.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Ah...the dreaded #5 with 4 seats

Looks like the time you posted was earlier than mine. Anyway, spoke with GA and said he'd get me and I should board.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

No kidding, those times stamps are whack! Using wifi in SC? LOL....

Yep, borderline, bubble, etc. best to politely check with GA IMO.

Paid FC pax often change plans with no fear of change fees, etc. I'll gladly take those crumbs....
Old Sep 27, 2013, 4:47 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
This is the second new thread with weird ordering. Something must be funky with FT's time stamps.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Location: Location?? On a TRAVEL site??? Arent we all moving???
Programs: DM DL, Plt Marriott, Diamond HH, Chrmn Avis, Concierge Radisson
I was number 4 with 4 left and thought there is no way so resigned to EC. Then suddenly there were 0 seats and the exact same 4 were first on the UG list. Thought it must have been the perfect storm.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by holeinone
I was number 4 with 4 left and thought there is no way so resigned to EC. Then suddenly there were 0 seats and the exact same 4 were first on the UG list. Thought it must have been the perfect storm.
Wouldn't that just be that the top 4 pax on the UG list were cleared into the 4 available F seats? Or am I misunderstanding your post?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Over on some secret Shena forum there's wailing and moaning that the process was followed properly and they got thwarted!
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Buy an F ticket

Originally Posted by Ti22
Same here last week SAN-JFK but the GA came on before closing the door and moved me up. Pleasant surprise but I had already concluded it was gonna be a trip in EC.
You worry and fred too much. Just purchase an F ticket and be done with it.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Didn't know that "fred" had become a verb.

Honestly, though, nowhere in here did I get a sense of entitlement to the F seat. OP even said the UG was a "pleasant surprise," which is generally how I feel about UGs. I never expect them, but I do enjoy them when they come.

I think all the WFBF around here could use some toning down a bit. Except in perhaps some strange circumstances where we're deciding between a seat in a full F cabin on a non-refurb'd 767 vs. an entire exit/EC row to ourselves, I'd imagine that 99% of people would always want first. I also want my own private jet and vacation island, my sports teams to not self-destruct in the postseason, and any number of other things. That doesn't mean I'm going to go out and buy all of them.

Perhaps we ought to switch to Need First Buy First. If I'm taking a TCON redeye where I know I need to be rested for a morning meeting, then I see a premium cabin seat as more of a need, and I'll do what I need to do to reserve that at booking, either by paying, using UG instruments, or whatever. But a 500-mile hop at 4pm on a Wednesday? Probably not worth paying up to F, though you can bet your butt I'm watching the UG list at check-in and hoping everything lines up for me to clear. You can also count on me being confused or frustrated if it appears that I missed an UG because of Shena, or me being delighted and happy when I managed to get an UG on a relatively full flight. Either way, I just saved either myself or my client a few bucks in the process, too.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Oh, thank you! However, I'm not WORRIED about it and my name ain't Fred.

But don't allow expect facts or reason to get in the way of petty attempts to berate another FT member.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Same here last week SAN-JFK but the GA came on before closing the door and moved me up. Pleasant surprise but I had already concluded it was gonna be a trip in EC.
This post makes no sense at all to me.

Same here? same as what?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:17 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Did you know MQD rules will apply to rollover miles earned this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.