Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First day of service from the cart BusinessElite AMS-BOS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"

I was fortunate enough, to be on the first flight from AMS-BOS DL231 (this past Wednesday) using the new service from the cart. (According to one of the flight attendants.)

Biggest improvement, are large bottles of Pellegrino sparkling water. Yes, sometimes those little things make me very happy.

This was a great Boston and New York based crew. They seemed to be liking the service from the cart. Cabin was only 60% full; so service was rather speedy.

So, here are some new pictures of the cart service. I have detailed pictures of the food, but I figure everyone has seen those (many times) before. But, if anyone desires to see them, just give a shout!

Old Sep 27, 2013, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks for the pics. I have to say they did a pretty nice job with the cart... the cover hides the beat up aluminum frame underneath, and the setup looks nice.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
My delicate sensibilities have been ruined. I am so important and elite that I think people need to hand carry my food from the galley, clomping and stomping along the way.

I am really happy to see the carts return. ^
Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Looks good!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Looks interesting - nice water upgrades.

Can you elaborate on how the service went? Did they come through with tableclothes/nuts first or did it all come off this cart?

How did they handle delivery of main course, etc?

And for refills, did they roll that huge cart up and down again or just come with the wine basket?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Are those new, ad-free cocktail napkins and branded swizzle sticks I see?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
How long will it be before all TATL BEs go cart? I ask because I have a ATL-DUB on Nov 27th and a DUB - JFK on Dec 2nd
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Come to think of it, the cart service was also offered in BE on 9/25 JFK - LAX. It was a nice change to have items served directly from the cart.

The cart serving my aisle was draped but only on the sides so you could see in the facing (back) side as it approached - it contained the trays and silverware set ups..

Entrees were hand delivered two at a time from the galley. Dessert was hand passed with one FA carrying the cheese option and another the gelato.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
JFK-FRA Yesterday

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
How long will it be before all TATL BEs go cart? I ask because I have a ATL-DUB on Nov 27th and a DUB - JFK on Dec 2nd
Was on JFK-FRA yesterday. Cart service for drinks and nuts etc. Walked around with wine refills and brought out the maincourse. Worked well. Think the FA's like it!
Old Sep 27, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Looks very nice. I know some people will still want their drinks and everything else hand delivered from the galley by Lady/Sir Clompsalot, but I for one am very happy to see cart service at least making a partial return to BE.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
Those are some nice looking lemon and lime slices.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I am for efficiency over "faux class" any day of the week.

Get the meal served and cleared quickly so I can go to sleep. And carts are best for that.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Saw some mention of this a couple of days ago and had my eye out for it on JFK-CDG last night.

I saw the folded cart go back and forth a few times and then they used it for the apps and dessert, but not the mains.

Dinner service was actually a disaster - started late, soup was ice cold, long time between courses, and meat was way over-done (more than usual). I asked for water 3 times before getting up and going to the galley to ask for it.

Everyone was professional and gracious but clearly some exasperation going on.

Was weird in the middle of dinner to look up several times and find no FAs in the aisles or visible anywhere.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
My question is whether the "efficiency" of the cart meant that they were throwing food at you faster than anyone who'd like to enjoy a proper meal would want to eat it. That's my fear with the carts. I don't care whether the meals are hand-or cart-delivered provided those of us who want to do more than stuff our gullets at lightning speed before mandatory lights-out are given enough time to eat at a civilized pace, change our wines with each course, actually digest the food, etc.

I welcome, however, the bottled Pellegrino.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by MS02113
Are those new, ad-free cocktail napkins and branded swizzle sticks I see?
Certainly hope so. Can someone confirm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.