SkyMiles Award levels Renamed

Old Sep 25, 13, 10:58 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by waltinsocal View Post
And where are the usual apologists on this board...and you know who you are.
UA and AA also call their low level awards "Saver" (SAAver in AA's case). If I say this ranks as a big "meh" to me, does that make me an apologist?
Old Sep 25, 13, 10:59 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Notice how they posted here before it went up on the website, so they weren't embarrassed to be scooped by a FT-er.
Old Sep 25, 13, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
Another *enhancement*.
Old Sep 26, 13, 6:31 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by eturowski View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Mine as well.

Also:
- How long until exiting High awards become Standard?
- Why "PEAK"? Well all know it has nothing to do with peak times or whatever. Nobody buys that whole Cannes BS.
Old Sep 26, 13, 6:40 am
kpa

Programs: DL GM, SPG Platinum, etc.
I prefer to think in terms of late 1990 early 2000s Turkish Lira. Back when a million was worth few hundred.[/QUOTE]

I think "SkyKip" has a nice ring to it.

The current conversion rate of USD to Lao Kip is 1 USD = 7,849 LAK.
Old Sep 26, 13, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
What about the two most promised items:

1. Award calendar
2. JR's promise of not reducing number of lows

???
Old Sep 26, 13, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Plat 100; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
Why not just name the levels...

1. Acceptable
2. Ridiculous
3. Bend Over
+1
Old Sep 26, 13, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
UA and AA also call their low level awards "Saver" (SAAver in AA's case). If I say this ranks as a big "meh" to me, does that make me an apologist?
+1

The levels of righteous indignation over something as meaningless as this is a bit much, even for those that normally like to complain about anything and everything.
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
if by "saver" you mean "needle in a barn full of haystacks" or "holy grail", then yes, makes perfect sense.
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta, United
Naw, but I noticed that as well. As such, in this regard Delta is no different than the other big two. So much for trying to distinguish oneself from the competition.
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:29 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM->PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette View Post
The levels of righteous indignation over something as meaningless as this is a bit much, even for those that normally like to complain about anything and everything.
The problem is that DL has so burnt its loyalty base that every change, no matter how minor or innocuous, is seen through the lens of "well, you've screwed us every other time, so there must be some hidden way you plan to screw us again this time." If DL behaved in good faith and engaged with the community in a manner not consistent with corporate PR messaging and spin, then something as meaningless as this wouldn't provoke a multi-page thread riddled with vitriol.
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:37 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Call it however you like,
Why is it that any search I did this morning with the green-green combination did not yield a combination that is low award? (Sorry, saver award... )
Is 40,000 the new 25,000?

oh, wait... let me scroll down the list... there is one 37,500. And 6 options with 45,000-52,500 miles. The low for J award was 100,000 btw. On a domestic flight with low-low. Great job.

(Constructive thought- hire more programmers to fix the award calendar. Get rid of the marketing, because there is no product to market yet. Send an apology letter to anyone who uses the award calendar. Or, even better, a box of advil (r). Force everyone from Senior VP and above to book their travel only using the award calendar.)
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:46 am
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
And while AA calls their other level "AAnytime", UA does call it "Standard" as well.

Of course, neither of those two have a "Peak" level....
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bennos View Post
The problem is that DL has so burnt its loyalty base that every change, no matter how minor or innocuous, is seen through the lens of "well, you've screwed us every other time, so there must be some hidden way you plan to screw us again this time."
I think people need to let things go.

And I think the notion of "loyalty" is entirely one-sided when used by most FTers. "Loyalty" in the FT context means that DL can never charge more (money or miles), never adjust services (e.g. SkyClub), never have higher loads, never try to sell an FC seat, basically never change. And for all of this, FTers offer to pay the same price for their seat as Joe Smith next door. And then get upset when DL says: "why are we catering to a 'loyalty' that provides no benefit to us?"

If DL behaved in good faith
Good faith does not mean not changing. I think DL acts decently enough in most instances.

and engaged with the community in a manner not consistent with corporate PR messaging and spin,
What community? You mean the maybe 40 people that post here with any regularity? Seems a bit much to expect from a multi-billion dollar corporation. And, given that it is a multi-billion dollar corporation, why would not expect your interaction with them to involve corporate messaging and "spin"? I mean, who gets upset by this? Do FTers also spend their time on grocery message board railing against the fact that the spinach at their local Walmart doesn't look as good as in the commercials?

then something as meaningless as this wouldn't provoke a multi-page thread riddled with vitriol.
This is FT. Even if DL were the greatest thing ever, any negative change would provoke righteous outrage.
Old Sep 26, 13, 7:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dw View Post
Of course, neither of those two have a "Peak" level....
AA has "peak" and "off-peak" for international SAAver awards. Also, United capacity controls "standard" awards.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: