Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles Award levels Renamed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Interestingly the system is no longer showing PEAK awards for JFK-TLV. Days where HIGH awards WERE available are now showing up as Not Available.

Doesn't really matter because there is no way in the world I'd ever book a Peak awards, but interestingly nonetheless.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Coming in 2016:

DL renames its award levels to Standard, Saver, Supersaver.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by ENIAC
Coming in 2016:

Shouldn't that be "Standard", "Discounted", and "Deeply Discounted"?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:02 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Interestingly the system is no longer showing PEAK awards for JFK-TLV. Days where HIGH awards WERE available are now showing up as Not Available.

Doesn't really matter because there is no way in the world I'd ever book a Peak awards, but interestingly nonetheless.
Yes since the originally spin to the three tier awards schedule was to guarantee awards seats on all flights.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by troyintn
Yes since the originally spin to the three tier awards schedule was to guarantee awards seats on all flights.
Having 100% of the seats available for awards would be useless if they are at unredeemable levels.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
This is the award calendar fix we've been waiting for for many years... And it is just what we asked for!

Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Coming in 2016:

With the mileage increases by then, it'll be more like Schlemiel, Schlimazel and Schmuck.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
Smile

Coming in 2016:

They should re-name them to "Give us all your Miles", "Almost Impossible to Use" and "You have GOT to be kidding".
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Why not just name the levels...

1. Acceptable
2. Ridiculous
3. Bend Over
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
Non-Revs are one group of Delta pax are delighted by the Bend Over redemption rate.

With loyal paying pax reluctant to redeem 325,000 for a Transatlantic business elite seat, the seats are open at check-in and non-rev's fly in the premium cabin.

Now that Delta has adopted the United "Saver" award philosophy, how about copying the United policy of opening up seats in the premium cabin in the days immediately before travel at Saver redemption rates?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
DL keeps sinking lower.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Kahuna
Now that Delta has adopted the United "Saver" award philosophy, how about copying the United policy of opening up seats in the premium cabin in the days immediately before travel at Saver redemption rates?
Because then the gamers won't book "Standard" redemptions and they'll just wait until the last minute when the ironically named "Saver" opens up. You know, they gotta protect the revenue premium.

Incidentally, another DL Hit-and-Run SkyPost™... no login from DwayneSkyMiles since posting this on 9/25.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by bennos
...Incidentally, another DL Hit-and-Run SkyPost™... no login from DwayneSkyMiles since posting this on 9/25.
What is he going to come back and post? Frankly, I was surprised they posted this in the first place as it "theoretically" is an irrelevant item and just give people a forum to complain about the crappy award availability.

HOWEVER, it appears that this change is not just about names. I posted earlier about JFK-TLV in J Class showing months of unavailable, but I have looked at other routes and more & more routes that had J-Class HIGH availability have now gone to AWARD TRAVEL UNAVAILABLE as opposed to Peak. Perhaps the name change was also related to their change in inventory.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
What is he going to come back and post?
He never comes back. I really don't understand why he makes these announcements without dialogue or what Delta thinks it accomplishes. All it does is inflame the masses on this board, which it is pretty clear they don't give a rat's … about anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.