Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Transcon SkyClub Access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles

Does sky club access for passengers flying jfk to select transcon locations apply to just paid first/BE tickets or upgraded ones as well?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by seaflyer13
Does sky club access for passengers flying jfk to select transcon locations apply to just paid first/BE tickets or upgraded ones as well?
I have been told by the club folks that anyone with an assigned seat in the biz/first cabin can get club access on these select routes.

From a practical matter, however, on many of these routes (e.g. JFK- LAX/SFO) these upgrades are most often done at the gate just prior to boarding, so in those cases you would not have club access.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold

I had an op-up from NRT-LAX, and got denied trying to use the LAX lounge on arrival. BP was not enough for arrival access - she checked fare basis. Drat!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
I had an op-up from NRT-LAX, and got denied trying to use the LAX lounge on arrival. BP was not enough for arrival access - she checked fare basis. Drat!
Interesting. I used miles to upgrade to BE from a K fare on LAX-JFK, and I was granted SC access in JFK on arrival. (I made a point to use my BP only, not my Plat AmEx, just to see if this ticket was eligible - and apparently it was.)
Old Sep 23, 2013, 5:59 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Seems to me, that, you should have had SkyClub access even if you're in Y, as a DL GM with a same-day int'l flgiht?
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
Seems to me, that, you should have had SkyClub access even if you're in Y, as a DL GM with a same-day int'l flgiht?
FO at the time. Clawing my way back up after two job changes. Sigh.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I've been granted access when upgraded in advance, though this only happened once, and my upgrade was related to IROPS...so I was booked into J not upgrade inventory.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
> 2/2 in Dec 2012 on an A fare (at LAX prior to redeye, at JFK afterwards)
> 1/2 in Jun 2013 with BFUG (arrived LAX 1230am, had an AS flight at 715 ... was able to get in for a shower before the club closed at 1, but was denied at 6am because the morning shift desk clerk insisted the SC manager would not let her override the date on my BP in the Lounge Tracking System: "We can't even let Diamond Medallions in if they are delayed more than four hours.")
> 1/1 in Aug 2013 with J BP courtesy of VDB (3+ hrs on the outdoor deck at JFK on a Sun afternoon)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.