Skyclub snacks

Old Sep 23, 13, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Skyclub snacks

Delta needs to get rid of the carrots and celery!! Sitting in ATL A concourse and have had to move three times due to people eating this stuff like friggin Seattle Slew!!! Why can't people eat quietly? Actually, a horse is probably quieter then some of these people.

Okay, rant over.
Old Sep 23, 13, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Get rid of the drinks too, too many people slurping them.
Old Sep 23, 13, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Some people don't know how to eat without chewing/smacking/slurping loudly.

Usually the SC is so busy and noisy it drowns out the crunch anyway. I do enjoy the carrots, but my issue is more about those who don't use the serving utensils and instead just stick their dirty hands in and grab a bunch of food.
Old Sep 23, 13, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Pleeeeeeeeeeez DO NOT get rid of the celery & carrots! Besides the fact that it's the only reasonably healthy thing available, as a diabetic (which I try not to publicize), it's just about the only thing I can actually eat there - - so I'm SURE I speak for others, too!

That said, I particularly enjoi the darker celery stix, and usually, the darker they are - the crunchier they are! I agree that they do seem quite loud, and I have tried to be a conscientious cruncher, and eat as quietly as absolutely as possible!

Old Sep 23, 13, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Get Rid of . . .

Originally Posted by rob0225 View Post
Delta needs to get rid of the carrots and celery!! Sitting in ATL A concourse and have had to move three times due to people eating this stuff like friggin Seattle Slew!!! Why can't people eat quietly? Actually, a horse is probably quieter then some of these people.

Okay, rant over.
Yes, and get rid of the bathrooms. People using them all the time.

Get rid of aircraft, to many people on them now.
Old Sep 23, 13, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post

awesome. Thanks for making the people in the room next to me wonder what the hell is so funny!
Old Sep 23, 13, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat

Okay, rant over.
I feel the same way about people eating apples. They remind me of horses. But actually, I think the horse would be quieter.
Old Sep 23, 13, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WN CP, HH Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
I feel the same way about people eating apples. They remind me of horses. But actually, I think the horse would be quieter.

Okay, rant over.
Perhaps there should be a designated area in the skyklubs for eating things that require harvesting. This "premium dining area" will be available for a small fee.

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Pleeeeeeeeeeez DO NOT get rid of the celery & carrots! Besides the fact that it's the only reasonably healthy thing available, as a diabetic (which I try not to publicize), it's just about the only thing I can actually eat there - - so I'm SURE I speak for others, too!

That said, I particularly enjoi the darker celery stix, and usually, the darker they are - the crunchier they are! I agree that they do seem quite loud, and I have tried to be a conscientious cruncher, and eat as quietly as absolutely as possible!

Agreed. Those of us who are health conscious and have health problems requiring a diet containing some complex carbs appreciate the presence of fruit and vegetables. Perhaps they can offer us some sort of mouth muffler...
Old Sep 23, 13, 7:46 pm

Keep the carrots and celery. Provide complimentary noise cancelling headphones for keeps.

Problem solved.
Old Sep 23, 13, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post

Oh, come on let me have my petty complaints!
Old Sep 23, 13, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
I say get rid of the snacks and return the drinks to the previous offerings. With the savings of eliminating the snacks, plates, utensils, serving bowls, and maybe even a staff member they could afford to improve the alcohol.
Old Sep 23, 13, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
I say get rid of the snacks and return the drinks to the previous offerings. With the savings of eliminating the snacks, plates, utensils, serving bowls, and maybe even a staff member they could afford to improve the alcohol.
I'd rather be full of Skyy vodka than Karrots.
Old Sep 23, 13, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club

Okay, rant over.
This post has risen to the top of the Delta Elite Flyer First World Problems (DEFFWP) list.

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Concur. I try to eat healthy.....this is about the only choice especially if you are not into their cheap apples.
Old Sep 24, 13, 12:11 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
Some people don't know how to eat without chewing/smacking/slurping loudly.
I'd be much happier if they just ejected the suits who practically SHOUT at people on their cellphone about all their business, politics and personal drama.

Let's just turn the SkyClub into a library, complete with librarians to SHUSH people.
Old Sep 24, 13, 12:19 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Imagine what it used to be like when they actually served .....meals!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: