FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Skyclub snacks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1505556-skyclub-snacks.html)

rob0225 Sep 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Skyclub snacks

Delta needs to get rid of the carrots and celery!! Sitting in ATL A concourse and have had to move three times due to people eating this stuff like friggin Seattle Slew!!! Why can't people eat quietly? Actually, a horse is probably quieter then some of these people.

Okay, rant over.

javabytes Sep 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Get rid of the drinks too, too many people slurping them.

rylan Sep 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Some people don't know how to eat without chewing/smacking/slurping loudly.

Usually the SC is so busy and noisy it drowns out the crunch anyway. I do enjoy the carrots, but my issue is more about those who don't use the serving utensils and instead just stick their dirty hands in and grab a bunch of food.

davetravels Sep 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Pleeeeeeeeeeez DO NOT get rid of the celery & carrots! Besides the fact that it's the only reasonably healthy thing available, as a diabetic (which I try not to publicize), it's just about the only thing I can actually eat there - - so I'm SURE I speak for others, too!

That said, I particularly enjoi the darker celery stix, and usually, the darker they are - the crunchier they are! I agree that they do seem quite loud, and I have tried to be a conscientious cruncher, and eat as quietly as absolutely as possible!

:)

DaddyRabbit Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Get Rid of . . .

Originally Posted by rob0225 (Post 21491026)
Delta needs to get rid of the carrots and celery!! Sitting in ATL A concourse and have had to move three times due to people eating this stuff like friggin Seattle Slew!!! Why can't people eat quietly? Actually, a horse is probably quieter then some of these people.

Okay, rant over.

Yes, and get rid of the bathrooms. People using them all the time.

Get rid of aircraft, to many people on them now.

misinfobuster Sep 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 21491429)

:D:D awesome. Thanks for making the people in the room next to me wonder what the hell is so funny! ^

james318 Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm

Okay, rant over.

I feel the same way about people eating apples. They remind me of horses. But actually, I think the horse would be quieter.

timmy83 Sep 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by james318 (Post 21493125)
I feel the same way about people eating apples. They remind me of horses. But actually, I think the horse would be quieter.

Okay, rant over.

Perhaps there should be a designated area in the skyklubs for eating things that require harvesting. This "premium dining area" will be available for a small fee.

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 21491348)
Pleeeeeeeeeeez DO NOT get rid of the celery & carrots! Besides the fact that it's the only reasonably healthy thing available, as a diabetic (which I try not to publicize), it's just about the only thing I can actually eat there - - so I'm SURE I speak for others, too!

That said, I particularly enjoi the darker celery stix, and usually, the darker they are - the crunchier they are! I agree that they do seem quite loud, and I have tried to be a conscientious cruncher, and eat as quietly as absolutely as possible!

:)

Agreed. Those of us who are health conscious and have health problems requiring a diet containing some complex carbs appreciate the presence of fruit and vegetables. Perhaps they can offer us some sort of mouth muffler...

SansSerif Sep 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Keep the carrots and celery. Provide complimentary noise cancelling headphones for keeps.

Problem solved.

rob0225 Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit (Post 21491429)

Oh, come on let me have my petty complaints!

readywhenyouare Sep 23, 2013 7:09 pm

I say get rid of the snacks and return the drinks to the previous offerings. With the savings of eliminating the snacks, plates, utensils, serving bowls, and maybe even a staff member they could afford to improve the alcohol.

james318 Sep 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 21493267)
I say get rid of the snacks and return the drinks to the previous offerings. With the savings of eliminating the snacks, plates, utensils, serving bowls, and maybe even a staff member they could afford to improve the alcohol.

I'd rather be full of Skyy vodka than Karrots.

orr333 Sep 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Okay, rant over.

This post has risen to the top of the Delta Elite Flyer First World Problems (DEFFWP) list.

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 21491348)

Concur. I try to eat healthy.....this is about the only choice especially if you are not into their cheap apples.

ElPresidente Sep 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 21491171)
Some people don't know how to eat without chewing/smacking/slurping loudly.

I'd be much happier if they just ejected the suits who practically SHOUT at people on their cellphone about all their business, politics and personal drama.

Let's just turn the SkyClub into a library, complete with librarians to SHUSH people.

jdrtravel Sep 23, 2013 11:19 pm

Imagine what it used to be like when they actually served .....meals!