Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) now reported on delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:03 am

LOL...well I won't have a problem...$17800 already this year.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:03 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

In January, we announced changes to SkyMiles Medallion qualification with the addition of Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) as a component needed to earn Medallion status as of January 1, 2014.

While the MQDs requirement will not go into effect until January, you can now view your 2013 MQDs on your Account Activity page and My SkyMiles page at delta.com. Also, when you are logged into delta.com to book a ticket, the estimated MQDs, miles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you’ll earn for that flight are now shown on the Trip Summary page. We’re updating your display now so that you can start familiarizing yourself with MQDs and what they mean for your travel planning.

More information about what counts and what doesn’t count can be found at the Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) page, along with responses to some of the most frequently asked questions about the upcoming changes.

This week, SkyMiles members will begin to receive emails from us to highlight where MQDs can be found at delta.com. As we get closer to the end of the year, we’ll start introducing new tracking tools in more places so that you always have the information you need to make informed travel decisions.

You’ll be able to track and monitor your total Eligible Purchases toward the MQD Waiver (Delta SkyMiles Credit Card spend) at delta.com beginning January 1, 2014.

We will continue to update you as we get closer to introducing this new component of our Medallion program.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
You can see the MQD's by flight segment when you look at the details.

MQD's are credited for the year flown so tix purchased in 2012 and flown in 2013 are credited to 2013.

AMEX spend still trumps MQD's.
I will fall into this category... but it would be extra reassuring if there was an extra line item under the MQD that said "Amex min spending met"
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Rounding?

I am curious about the rounding. Mine is a multiple of 1000 and saw above a multiple of 100.

Anyone seeing rounding other than nearest 100 or 1000?

Edit: I see that individual segments are rounded to nearest 1. My post was regarding the total on MySkyMiles

Last edited by jsbh; Sep 9, 2013 at 7:14 am Reason: clarification
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta GM; Fly Clear; Amex Reserve
Nevermind about previous post about not seeing the Amex min spending met/not met... Looks like DL will put that on the website as well..

•MQD Waiver: The new MQDs requirement for the qualification year will be waived if you make at least $25,000 in Eligible Purchases in that year with your Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express. That spending will also be tracked on the My SkyMiles page starting in January 2014.*
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Mine's there too... a bit lower than expected based on previous years spend - haven't had a chance to go through it carefully.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
Look at your VDB segments. I had a VDB on an STL-CVG flight in July. A $700 fare, but because of the VDB=0 MQD?!

Worst part is the VDB was on one leg, but because of it, the entire ticket earned no MQD. I really hope they fix this as it would certainly would factor into my willingness to VDB depending on the circumstances.
I had a VDB in July changing routing from MSP-LGA to MSP-ATL-LGA. The MQDs posted correctly.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just a quick note... flights where mile credit is posted/fixed manually (original routing credit or fixing incorrect mileage posting) is showing as 0 MQD.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Also tickets that were reissued/rerouted (including itins that had a VDB) are not showing MQD.

Edit: others report correct MQD in these situations, so may be an inconsistent issue.

Last edited by woodenshoe101; Sep 9, 2013 at 7:30 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:24 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
My MQD is off by about $1000 and I am guessing it has something to do with the two responses above.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by elkapong
I had a VDB in July changing routing from MSP-LGA to MSP-ATL-LGA. The MQDs posted correctly.
Hmm, maybe it has to do with how the GA handles the reissue/routing change? In the end this won't be a big deal (since it is not for real yet), but I guess we have until dec 31 to make sure the bugs don't turn into features.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Dwayne, two unrelated MQD questions:

If I use a DL e-credit (say, for example, the $200 credit from a Chioce benefit gift), will that credit count towards MQDs, or will it be excluded?

Separately, if my wife and I both decided to use the $25,000 Amex exclusion, does this mean that we each have to have separate DL Amex cards so that each of us is listed as the "basic" cardmember, meaning that we'd need to each track $25,000 on the separate cards?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by rylan
Just a quick note... flights where mile credit is posted/fixed manually (original routing credit or fixing incorrect mileage posting) is showing as 0 MQD.
Not all of them, I have an ORC from earlier this month that is showing MQDs earned.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
some tickets show zero MQD

The common to all of them is some kind of IRROPS (flights rerouted, Involuntary, or schedule changes). It seems to miss those tickets prices and maybe take them as zero. For some tickets I checked manually it seems relatively accurate (though I think it gives me an 'under' for the MQD). Once the fix the zero MQD issues I should be well on target for mqd (though I met the amex as well, which is not traceable yet)
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not surprisingly, mattp1987 noticed and reported the MQDs on FT about two hours earlier in the thread here he started then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.