Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) now reported on delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) now reported on delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by koreanair720
Is there a way to see MQDs for upcoming trips I've paid for, but not taken yet?
Click on "View Receipt". MQD will be base fare plus any YQ/YR fees (if present).
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Is there a way to see MQDs for upcoming trips I've paid for, but not taken yet?
Do a dummy booking for the same route and fare.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:36 am

Not so for me

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I noticed that and that when I used my Choice Benefit $200 voucher that does get counted for MQDs.

My ratio of MQDs / Fare Paid seems to be pretty much about 85% plus or minus a point or two. Except for LHR which is 79%. This is mostly TATL Y and with some domestic Y and PWM domestic FC.
Flew LAX-SLC-ANC-LAX on a MR for $269. Used my $200 Choice benefit to bring it down to $69 and received $230 MQD.

Last edited by mhop1027; Sep 9, 2013 at 9:09 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Dwayne, two unrelated MQD questions:

If I use a DL e-credit (say, for example, the $200 credit from a Chioce benefit gift), will that credit count towards MQDs, or will it be excluded?

Separately, if my wife and I both decided to use the $25,000 Amex exclusion, does this mean that we each have to have separate DL Amex cards so that each of us is listed as the "basic" cardmember, meaning that we'd need to each track $25,000 on the separate cards?
My profile shows MQD when I used my Choice Benefit.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do a dummy booking for the same route and fare.
Not likely to work, as published fares change (and there are often several fares published for a given fare class)... and if you're within 21 days of departure, you will start running into advance purchase requirements. Even if you get the same flights and fare class, it's far from guaranteed that your fare will be the same or anywhere close.

On your itinerary, click the link to pull up your receipt.

If you're on a purely domestic flight, look for this:

Code:
Fare: 	233.52 	USD  
Taxes/Carrier-Imposed Fees: 	76.71 	
Total: 	310.23 	USD
The "Fare" line will be your MQDs.

If you're flying international, look in the "Detailed Tax Information" section right below and add any lines that say YQ or YR.

Last edited by javabytes; Sep 9, 2013 at 8:44 am

Programs: DL, US
I am currently at $14k spend with only 51k MQMs of which 5k miles were rolled over. This is probably the last year I make Diamond and will probably end the year right around 75k MQMs.

My MQD seems correct but like others, some tickets are showing 0 MQD when I used a voucher.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
I'm also noting that the 0 MQM issue as previously noted in trying to book 2014 fares is fixed, and now there's a MQD earned line on the bookings page. I think this will be effective in pushing people into higher fare buckets.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
Not likely to work, as published fares change (and there are often several fares published for a given fare class)... and if you're within 21 days of departure, you will start running into advance purchase requirements. Even if you get the same flights and fare class, it's far from guaranteed that your fare will be the same or anywhere close.
I was thinking of doing the dummy search for days far enough in the future that advanced purchase rules aren't a problem, for the same days of the week and length of stay, etc. I probably should have explicitly said same fare and same fare code.

On some fares like M and higher, it's pretty easy to do this but of course it won't work for some special deep discount sale fare that's no longer available.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by timmy83
I'm also noting that the 0 MQM issue as previously noted in trying to book 2014 fares is fixed, and now there's a MQD earned line on the bookings page. I think this will be effective in pushing people into higher fare buckets.
So you think someone will ask for a higher fare class when they compare MQMs and MQDs and notice that they're spending less than ten cents per MQM?

For most people, even finding a few cheap flights won't cause them to fail to meet the MQD criteria as they will have other much more expensive flights.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:50 am
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Interesting stuff - I never focused on taxes and fees so much - seems to generally be about 15%.

Even though my flying will be down this year, expect to make 15k$ spend - probably down from over $20k in most prior years.

I am VERY curious to see how many people this weeds out. I am guessing that it's not too many but would love to be proven wrong. My thinking is that most DMs will hit spend and many that don't will use Amex to make that cutoff.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: DM/3MM
My Choice Benefit $200 vouchers were counted as MQDs. My PWMs to upgrade to FC were not.
Understood, but given that this is DL's version 1.0 release of this information, and given IT's stellar abilities, what you may see now may not necessarily be the case next year. Which is why official clarification would be helpful.

I surmise that if DL is silent on this, it may be because they would rather exclude it, but have not built the ability to do so.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
This MQD threshold requirement will thin the herd in 2015.
How so? A tiny fraction of status holding mileage runners? At first glance the spending requirement is a very low threshold.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:04 am

Maybe this has been discussed when MQD was first announced (or maybe it hasn't been raised because rwoman, the most likely person to raise it, has a non-US address and therefore not subject to MQD). Apologies if this is old news but I didn't see it in this thread.

Doesn't the exclusive-of-taxes methodology unfairly discriminate against XXX-LHR travel, where the YQ and other taxes are so high that DL effectively back-ends the paid fare to net out the high YQ and taxes to arrive at a reasonable fare?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by mhop1027
Noticed the opposite for me. Flew LAX-SLC-ANC-LAX on a MR for $269. Used my $200 Choice benefit and received $230 MQD.
So the fare was $469 and you brought it down to $269 with the voucher?

If the fare was $269 and brought it down to $69 with the voucher then your voucher was included in the MQD's just like mine.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:08 am

So the fare was $469 and you brought it down to $269 with the voucher?

If the fare was $269 and brought it down to $69 with the voucher then your voucher was included in the MQD's just like mine.
Yes. $269 down to $69. Can see how it might have been bad wording and I must have mistaken your original post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.