Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL.dumb now only searching by schedule for inter-Europe flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL.dumb now only searching by schedule for inter-Europe flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ryanm
If the situation continues, I guess we can only hope that the US govt concern over the 006 requirement for MQDs in the JV case will prevail.
Can you change your address to a European one? That would take care of your situation because if your address is outside the US then MQDs are not required for medallion status.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to checking the MQD rules, one should check the rules for upgrades if this is an issue, such as connections to/from TATL flights being upgraded with SWUs or miles.

Has the OP tried calling DL to get the codeshare flight numbers and/or DL ticket stock? Alternatively, a good real human travel agent should be able to do this, albeit probably for a $30-50 fee.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has the OP tried calling DL to get the codeshare flight numbers and/or DL ticket stock? Alternatively, a good real human travel agent should be able to do this, albeit probably for a $30-50 fee.
Changing the itin to have DL flight numbers and/or a DL ticket number requires a ticket re-issue, which means you get slapped with the change fee (what is it nowadays? Is it still $150 or has it gone up again?)

I did this once; I had a KL flight number for a domestic flight and could not get on the UG list. I called DL and was told that it had to be a DL flight number (otherwise only battlefield UGs are possible). The phone agent did change the flights for me but made it very clear that it was a one time exception and that normally the change fee would apply.

Last edited by florin; Sep 11, 2013 at 7:55 am Reason: fixed quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by florin
Can you change your address to a European one? That would take care of your situation because if your address is outside the US then MQDs are not required for medallion status.
Wish I could, Florin. Alas, I'm pretty rooted in NYC even with the travel, and it wouldn't take DL very long to figure that out!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by florin
Changing the itin to have DL flight numbers and/or a DL ticket number requires a ticket re-issue, which means you get slapped with the change fee (what is it nowadays? Is it still $150 or has it gone up again?)

I did this once; I had a KL flight number for a domestic flight and could not get on the UG list. I called DL and was told that it had to be a DL flight number (otherwise only battlefield UGs are possible). The phone agent did change the flights for me but made it very clear that it was a one time exception and that normally the change fee would apply.
I was answering as if the person reading the thread has not yet purchased the ticket, which is when one would logically ask the question.

To change a ticket, the fees depend on fare rules. On DL now for tickets exUSA, after the next day
at midnight, these fees tend to be $200 for domestic and $300 for most international, but if the ticket originates in Europe, the rules are different. Change fees could be lower or the ticket could be totally unchangeable.

AFAIK DL will change from a codeshare to the operating carrier's flight number at no charge for upgrades without requiring a ticket change fee or fare difference. Some elites here have reported this. (You were apparently trying to do the reverse for a DL domestic upgrade on a ticket issued by KLM.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.