Community
Wiki Posts
Search

us bank flex points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
So far nobody has reported a Flexperks itinerary that DID NOT earn miles, so I'd say that it is very likely that anyone booking with Flexperks points will earn MQM and miles as normal. Since Flexperks uses the dollar amount of the ticket to determine the points needed, it is very unlikely they try to shave dollars off the ticket price by using consolidator fares, it isn't in their best interest.

Originally Posted by DLERT
A little history:
Prior to the Northwest Airlines merger into Delta Airlines - NWA had an
alliance with the US Bank Credit program (FLEX-PERKS).
After the merger Delta had its own predominate alliance with American
Express - thus bye bye NW Flex-Perks.
US Bank not to be sidelined in this conflict broadened its Flex-Perks to
include more than one airline with a program similar to American Express
non-Delta travel using points instead of miles as the method of credit and
ticket/reservation purchase.
Not really, Flex-perks was invented after NW went away. The card used to earn regular WorldPerks miles on NW.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, not exactly . . . $400 is the limit if you want to stay under the minimum number of points that are needed of 20,000, but there's actually a chart that goes much higher, a few samples being:

30,000 / $600
40,000 / $800
100,000 / $2000
150,000 / $3000
1,200,000 / $24,000
And to further clarify for those who may not know, there is no pro-rating of any kind between 10,000-point increments and it always rounds up. If you find a flight that would cost $400.50, they will charge you 30,000 points because it's more than the $400 limit for 20,000 points. I usually try to use my points when I find myself incidentally buying a ticket that comes to $390-$399 anyway to ensure I get the best possible value.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by steex
And to further clarify for those who may not know, there is no pro-rating of any kind between 10,000-point increments and it always rounds up. If you find a flight that would cost $400.50, they will charge you 30,000 points because it's more than the $400 limit for 20,000 points. I usually try to use my points when I find myself incidentally buying a ticket that comes to $390-$399 anyway to ensure I get the best possible value.
Does a tkt for $400 exactly cost 20k or 30k in Flex pts? Ive seen it the tkt was $400.10 and yep they wanted 30k

Like you I usually end up cashing in with then tkt being bet $385 & $399. Was doing it on UA now it will be on AA, to max out the RDMs that can be earned
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:46 am

$25 Flexperks Bonus

Don't forget they reimburse up to $25 per ticket charged to the airline on the Flexperks card. You just have to call customer service after the charges have posted. It's the only time I buy a drink in coach.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Don't forget they reimburse up to $25 per ticket charged to the airline on the Flexperks card. You just have to call customer service after the charges have posted. It's the only time I buy a drink in coach.
They reimb for any item purchased on flight? so if 3 of us, we can spend $75 on food/drinks/entertainment?

thanks for info.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:08 pm

Yes, any expense charged on the Flexperks card for the trip on the ticketed airline, including baggage, food and DRINKS. And yes, $25 each. Since Mrs. Ken is a non imbiber, after buying some food, I burnt the rest on Jack and diets.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
Yes, any expense charged on the Flexperks card for the trip on the ticketed airline, including baggage, food and DRINKS. And yes, $25 each. Since Mrs. Ken is a non imbiber, after buying some food, I burnt the rest on Jack and diets.
I was able to get the $25 credit on a gift certificate once, though I haven't tried it recently (I keep forgetting to buy one on the day of travel).
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by craz
Does a tkt for $400 exactly cost 20k or 30k in Flex pts? Ive seen it the tkt was $400.10 and yep they wanted 30k

Like you I usually end up cashing in with then tkt being bet $385 & $399. Was doing it on UA now it will be on AA, to max out the RDMs that can be earned
I haven't ever happened across a ticket that was exactly $400.00, but in theory, it should be 20,000 points. I believe the closest I've managed to come was a $399.60 ticket.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Or just buy Delta e-Gift cards day of travel ($50 ones). Getting 50% off for future travel is sweet and you can combine 3 of them on one ticket!
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA/Delta Silver ; UA ; AA
Ff number not linking.

A relative told me silver status / ff number not linking, not getting to chose premium seat when checking in because og glitch.

Any other problems on flex perks made delta tickets?

Finally about to sign up for card after years of thinking about it

Last edited by tkjazzer; Apr 13, 2019 at 8:20 am
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM
Should not be any issues with FlexPerks tickets. Make sure you put your FF number in the FlexPerks reservation when you make it. Delta will get your status from that number in their system and your seating and free bags should be visible on Delta’s system.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Am currently in the middle of a flex-perks purchased trip. No problem with outbound miles posting. It did take a few hours after booking for the DM status benefits (upgrade to e+) to appear. But well within the 24 hour cancel period in case they didn’t.
I think FP is using the Expedia search/booking engine now, same as Chase UR.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Never had a problem redeeming. I don't think they use Expedia. There are often routings that I can find on Expedia that I can't find on their site. It was much better when they had the Travelocity backend. The upside is now that if a carrier is offering a basic fare, like United Economy Basic, you can book away from that and get regular economy. Downside, is that if you search for a first class fare now you can't get any segments in coach. So if there is a leg in Y, it won't let you book it, but will require you to call for it. An annoyance for certain, but at least they'll wave the fees.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by tkjazzer
A relative told me silver status / ff number not linking, not getting to chose premium seat when checking in because og glitch.

Any other problems on flex perks made delta tickets?

Finally about to sign up for card after years of thinking about it
Flexperks is essentially an OTA, so depending on their interface you might run into problems assigning a FF# or getting a seat.

However once you book, there should be no problem calling Delta or going to delta.com to add your FF#. There's nothing inherent about the ticket that would invalidate your FF benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.