Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reporting interior issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by stils
.... I didn't really want it to become a big issue and ground the plane .....
So ..... you thought it might be a safety issue ......
So ..... you kept the problem a secret
Because ..... an on-time arrival was more important to you?

Last edited by RRDD; Aug 26, 2013 at 8:15 pm
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist:

Sometimes seats are considered sufficiently uncomfortable, but not unsafe, so that their use is restricted to certain categories of nonrevs.

Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
This is not true at all.
LOL, I know ... in what universe are those seats?

I wish MSPeconomist would say where he or she is getting his or her (mis)information!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by telloh
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist:

Sometimes seats are considered sufficiently uncomfortable, but not unsafe, so that their use is restricted to certain categories of nonrevs.

LOL, I know ... in what universe are those seats?

I wish MSPeconomist would say where he or she is getting his or her (mis)information!
I've witnessed DL pursers ask nonrevs to switch seats with a passenger when AVOD doesn't work or when a light bulb is burned out and there's no reading light; in some cases, mine was the defective seat. I've witnessed pursers on other carriers ask for a switch when a seat won't recline. OK?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've witnessed DL pursers ask nonrevs to switch seats with a passenger when AVOD doesn't work or when a light bulb is burned out and there's no reading light; in some cases, mine was the defective seat. I've witnessed pursers on other carriers ask for a switch when a seat won't recline. OK?
That's not what you said, however.

that their use is restricted to certain categories of nonrevs
Looks like more nonrev trolling to me. @:-)
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Rather than tell a FA, who can often already see the issue, (this example was JFK-SLC on a 757 last March with an overhead bin door that wouldn't stay shut) I let the folks on @DeltaAssist on Twitter know. They can get the info to TechOps much more quickly than an on-duty FA can.

-J.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
That's not what you said, however.

Looks like more nonrev trolling to me. @:-)
How is this fundamentally different?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I don't think it's a huge difference, just that the original wording could be interpreted as DL will not allow a paying passenger to be assigned that seat to begin with, similar to how they will not assign pax into crew rest seats. In the situation you described, it sounds like if no nonrevs were on the flight to switch with, the paying passenger would have been allowed to stay in the seat, submit a TTU, and claim their 7500 peso prize.

Unrelated, I once accidentally sat on a mini Twix bar after using the lav, and didn't notice until we deplaned an hour or so later. I had to explain to the FA that the seat was not a biohazard, it just probably should be cleaned off before another pax sat in it...

Luckily our arrival gate was right next to a bathroom and I had a clean pair of pants with me.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:42 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Report it to one of the F/As; it will be written up for maintenance to fix.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by us2
Report it to one of the F/As; it will be written up for maintenance to fix.
Thank you everyone for the input. As it was last Friday it's waaay too late to do anything now but I have some good info for the future.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dash51
You could try emailing [email protected]. I don't know if this address is still monitored though.
In recent weeks this email address has kicked back as undeliverable, the @DeltaAssist had me email them and they forwarded on my cabin issues for repair. They literally had it fixed by the a/c's next ATL turn.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:56 pm

By the word that you used: restricted, which has a definition.

And the seats you were speaking of weren't restricted to non-revs. And that is the source of the confusion.

The words you said never happen.

"Sometimes seats are considered sufficiently uncomfortable, but not unsafe, so that their use is restricted to certain categories of nonrevs."

The word you were searching for is offered. Offered to non-revs. Uncomfortable seats are given to paying customers all the time.

Last edited by telloh; Aug 27, 2013 at 7:41 pm
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:03 pm

And the seats you were speaking of weren't restricted to non-revs. And that is the source of the confusion.
My impression is that they're restricted when someone notices and complains. I don't think a GA would knowingly have a revenue passenger fly TATL/TPAC in a seat that doesn't recline, certainly not if the passenger complained during the boarding process. Typically, the easy solution would be to have the revenue passenger swap seats with a nonrev. Otherwise, the passenger would be given the choice, if no other seat is available or can be swapped, of being rebooked on a later flight or agreeing to take it, perhaps with compensation.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
7500 miles may be the going rate for issues of interior comfort and functionality. I complained about a crappy CRJ last year and received this amount.
In this case, I think delta owes me 7500 miles * the number of CRJ flights I've ever taken in my life.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.

The words you said never happen.

"Sometimes seats are considered sufficiently uncomfortable, but not unsafe, so that their use is restricted to certain categories of nonrevs."
To me the key words are: "certain categories of nonrevs." Would be curious to hear more insight into such 'categories.'

Last edited by PRWeezer; Aug 27, 2013 at 7:28 pm
Old Aug 27, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
overhead bin door that wouldn't stay shut
I thought this was a 'no go' safety issue that would prevent the airplane from departing? Well, at least according to one FA on a flight where she was complaining if the door didn't remain shut she would have to call for maintenance to fix it before they could depart. She eventually got it to stay closed but it popped open after we hit cruise....then had to fight with it again to get it closed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.