Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to force Award Ticket to reprice?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire

I have a trip booked for September that has dropped from 65,000 miles to 52,500 (for 2 people, I am PM).

I can price it out and book it on delta.dumb, but I'd like to just change the PNR I have.

I've tried changing my return flight to the slightly later one, which reprices properly and allows me to get all the way to the redeem screen before crapping out when I hit "redeem" (and it tries to charge my credit card for $0).

This is the message:
"We´re having some trouble completing your request right now. Give it another chance and start over. If that doesn't work, contact us for help.
Message # 7000 "

Do I have to call to do this? Will they tell me to get bent when I do?

I could chance cancelling and then rebooking, but I'd hate to lose the 65K award I already have.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I would just call the PM line as you will not have to pay the $25 phone booking fee or a $150 change fee.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwoman
I would just call the PM line as you will not have to pay the $25 phone booking fee or a $150 change fee.
Thanks - that's what I thought, but was hoping for another way. It's a pain to call from here (Peru) as it requires a headset and a good wireless connection, neither of which I have at the office...
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by kitkat77
I have a trip booked for September that has dropped from 65,000 miles to 52,500 (for 2 people, I am PM).

I can price it out and book it on delta.dumb, but I'd like to just change the PNR I have.
So just book it on delta.dumb and then cancel the old one promptly.

David
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by kitkat77
Thanks - that's what I thought, but was hoping for another way. It's a pain to call from here (Peru) as it requires a headset and a good wireless connection, neither of which I have at the office...
Do you have an internet access that you can use skype to call Delta?

I find calling a US number from outside the USA is best done through skype.

Since the Delta number is a free call it is even easier to use skype to call Delta.

The other solution is to book the new awards and cancel the old one afterwards.

ps: yes, there is a problem, actually all sorts of problems & error messages with delta.com since this morning 8/22
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Could try tweeting @DeltaAssist. Worst that could happen is they say no.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDave
So just book it on delta.dumb and then cancel the old one promptly.

David
Good thought, but I'd have to cancel the first one before I could book the second. I don't have enough miles to have both reservations simultaneously - almost, but not quite. Also, would having two identical reservations for the same people trigger an auto cancel of one of them?

I'll just have to either try and snag an empty conference room to call using the computer, or wait until after work and hope it's still there...

It's SO irritating when their freaking website doesn't work, especially when one spends a lot of time in countries with no Delta phone coverage (and yes, flying Delta to get here). Why let me take the time to change the flight at all, if your system can't handle it? Grr.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Holding itineraries is still available for a tad longer. Hold the new lower priced itinerary, then cancel the higher priced one, the miles should deposit immediately. Log out, re log in, book the held itinerary at the lower price.

I do this all the time when I cannot get delta.com to re price out a itinerary.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kss5555
Holding itineraries is still available for a tad longer. Hold the new lower priced itinerary, then cancel the higher priced one, the miles should deposit immediately. Log out, re log in, book the held itinerary at the lower price.

I do this all the time when I cannot get delta.com to re price out a itinerary.
THANK YOU!!! This worked like a champ. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.