Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Potential Shenanigans to honor a MM flyer

Potential Shenanigans to honor a MM flyer

Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Starwood Preferred Guest / Marriott Rewards / Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by plagwate
^^^
Time to start the The Definitive "I Just Reached MM on DL and All I Got Was..." thread.
Id post on their facebook wall. They are very responsive there. May be enough to get the ball rolling.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
When I became a MM I got no ceremony, but, I got better mustard on my ham sandwich.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
First off, this is a great story about a level of customer service we all think is long gone at Delta. I don't know if you find this over at AA or UA but honestly, it reminds me of the good old Delta and its kind of nice to know that shadows of it still exist.

Yes, it required a heads-up from the OP in terms of getting someone human (not a computer) to notice he would be turning the 1MM, but once it got in the hands of a "Delta Employee", they did the OP right and for that matter, all of us too. Here we hem and haw over every devaluation but consistently report that we fly DL because of the front line staff. Well talk about taking matters into your own hands.

I am inside 90K miles from my first hard-earned 1MM and absolutely plan to let someone know about crossing that line prior to my flight in the hopes that I reach someone as customer centric as this OP did.

Again, congratulations to the OP not just for reaching 1MM, but for doing so in style and congratulations for all those involved for making it happen. My one hope is that one of the DL forum monitors picks up on this thread and finds a way to get corporate to make something like this policy. It would be a smart move.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by avflyer
First off, this is a great story about a level of customer service we all think is long gone at Delta. I don't know if you find this over at AA or UA but honestly, it reminds me of the good old Delta and its kind of nice to know that shadows of it still exist.

Yes, it required a heads-up from the OP in terms of getting someone human (not a computer) to notice he would be turning the 1MM, but once it got in the hands of a "Delta Employee", they did the OP right and for that matter, all of us too. Here we hem and haw over every devaluation but consistently report that we fly DL because of the front line staff. Well talk about taking matters into your own hands.

I am inside 90K miles from my first hard-earned 1MM and absolutely plan to let someone know about crossing that line prior to my flight in the hopes that I reach someone as customer centric as this OP did.

Again, congratulations to the OP not just for reaching 1MM, but for doing so in style and congratulations for all those involved for making it happen. My one hope is that one of the DL forum monitors picks up on this thread and finds a way to get corporate to make something like this policy. It would be a smart move.
+1!

This is the first one of these I have published. There have been more where I have reached out to Delta as a reader told me what was on the way. They never ask but I make sure Delta knows about it!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by avflyer

^
The only reason some of these who are objecting is because they didn't get it too, and even if they won't openly admit to it, are jealous - it's the "that's not fair" mentality that is so rampant in (and ruining) today's culture. Absolutely hilarious that someone crosses a major milestone like this and DL chooses to go above and beyond in recognition of this person for their special moment, and all some people can think of is "that may have cost someone their complimentary Medallion upgrade".
Old Aug 21, 2013, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
MILLION MILER™ BALANCE

I HAVE A WAY TO GO YET. I have more on CO/UA
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:20 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I am going to cross my first MM in the next couple of months. All of this sounds very cool but I don't think I would like the gate agent announcement. That would make me uncomfortable. The tarmac ride would be fun though!

My MM flight is probably going to be on a CRJ-200 anyway
Old Aug 24, 2013, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Looks like Delta's other blog, Taking Off, likes the the story!

http://takingoff.delta.com/post/5911...rs-deltaassist
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TTT
I am going to cross my first MM in the next couple of months. All of this sounds very cool but I don't think I would like the gate agent announcement. That would make me uncomfortable. The tarmac ride would be fun though!

My MM flight is probably going to be on a CRJ-200 anyway
Cool maybe you can sit in jump seat, since it has more legroom.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 10:46 am

Where was the route on which he was upgraded ?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Only one upgrade per year? Something is very wrong if a PM is only getting upgraded once a year. I've only missed six upgrades (out of 48 flights) this entire year. I'll hit PM next month but I'm not sure I want it if my upgrade % goes out the window.
Fwiw that route is insane for upgrades. I'm sitting at 100% but depending upon your flight time I've seen the UG list in the 50's for 2-3 seats.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
I didn't have any fanfare with my 1MM, but it was memorable even so. I was OPUP'd on a flight from DTW-NRT and sat upstairs. My continuing flight to TPE was delyed and I got another OPUP on the NRT-TPE. I didn't due the math, but the 1MM was probably over the western Pacific. No fanfae, no special bag, but still memorable.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
No one has ever done anything special for me when i hit the thresholds.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
No one has ever done anything special for me when i hit the thresholds.
Sorry to hear that but you seem talented at securing special things for yourself...
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Sorry to hear that but you seem talented at securing special things for yourself...
It's all about setting attainable goals...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.