Search

Quick Question about Mileage Bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Quick Question about Mileage Bonuses

I hit silver (wooo, I guess) last week. It was mid trip, i.e. had flight A and B and it was right after A had completed. On United when you "leveled up" they would retroactively apply the bonus, does Delta do this?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Congrats on hitting silver
No, you only get the bonus miles for flights after your account shows silver medallion status
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Actually from my experience, while it has been a few years, they will retroactively credit it and it happens automatically a couple of weeks later.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by indufan
Actually from my experience, while it has been a few years, they will retroactively credit it and it happens automatically a couple of weeks later.
IIRC folks have reported the opposite, especially when the status qualifying flight didn't post right away. Some other airlines have policies of going back and correcting the miles earned, but AFAIK on DL your status starts when it shows on your account regardless of any delays.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I hit silver (wooo, I guess) last week. It was mid trip, i.e. had flight A and B and it was right after A had completed. On United when you "leveled up" they would retroactively apply the bonus, does Delta do this?
I had exactly the same issue last year and I didn't get bonus miles, even though the final part of my trip was actually posted after my account showed my new status.
I wrote to delta, but no dice, that's what they answered:
As a Medallion member, you receive bonus miles in addition to your
earned Medallion Qualification Miles for every qualifying flight. Since
your current Medallion status was not in effect when travel on this
ticket was completed, the medallion bonus would not apply. We encourage
you to visit our web site at the address below to familiarize yourself
with the many benefits earning Medallion status has afforded you:

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ance/index.jsp
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Congrats on hitting silver.
Same experience here. Had flights last week on 12, 13, 14 and 16 August. The 13th of August flight last week got me up to diamond status. However the 13 and 14 August flights and diamond was given to me/processed on the 15th of August.
No bonus miles for the flight on the 14th of August. Got the diamond bonus for the 16th of August flight.

Noticed it yesterday when applying a SWU and Skymiles in the Netherlands asked my name and last flights as a check. When bringing it up they said bonus miles will only be given after the new status was processed/in effect and couldn't correct it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.