Change an award ticket mid-trip

Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Change an award ticket mid-trip

The cost to change an award ticket midtrip is $150 and the difference in miles from what I understand. I'm not exactly sure how it plays out

Original ticket was 25k round trip DTW-PBI. Flew DTW-PBI last week. Return is Friday but it needs to be Saturday. The one way ticket on Saturday is pricing out to 40k skymiles so is the cost to change $150 plus 15k skymiles for the difference between the two?
It's my mom and she has no status. The miles came from my dad who is only an FO so no PM/DM free change

Last edited by stils; Aug 14, 2013 at 9:23 am
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Should be just the increase in miles for the return. Its pricing at 40k since DL doesn't have 1-way awards, it only shows the round trip price but she already flew half the ticket. Since it is pricing as 40k, then that means the PBI-DTW segment is at 20k. Your original flight was 12.5k back, so the difference is 7.5k miles plus change fee.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
Should be just the increase in miles for the return. Its pricing at 40k since DL doesn't have 1-way awards, it only shows the round trip price but she already flew half the ticket. Since it is pricing as 40k, then that means the PBI-DTW segment is at 20k. Your original flight was 12.5k back, so the difference is 7.5k miles plus change fee.
Thank you for the reply! I thought the difference would be 15k miles. I had booked a USair flight for $200ish for a 1 stop and after reading your reply I cancelled, paid the $150 and the 7.5kMiles and she's setup on the Delta direct flight. I know it's a horrible redemption but it's necessary in this case!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.