Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Snack basket changes? (More than Fritos...)

Old Jul 15, 13, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

I did a weekend trip to Seattle (UG'd both ways as an FO!) and had a couple passes of the snack basket. It seems like the Fritos may have been an opening salvo of a bunch of changes to the snack basket. Just two data points and one weekend, so take it with a grain of salt, but here's what I saw (and didn't see).

In: Pirouette Cookies
Out: Toblerone.

In: Hershey's chocolate mini-bars (FA fridged before serving. Nice.)
Out: Twix

In: Pretzel M&M minis
Out: Shortbread cookies? Didn't search for these, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in there.

I didn't notice frito's or sun chips, but I don't swear either of those were there.

Gets me thinking, maybe they're going to do a whole rotation of the snack basket line-up?
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:06 pm

Sounds like some good new additions to the snack basket. At least you got the snack basket. On 2 recent LGA TPA LGA flights, the southbound got no snack basket at all and the north bound was only peanuts, pretzels and biscoff. Who knows maybe they might add Twinkies. Twinkies seems to be the new in snack.
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
The Pirouettes disappeared rapidly on my SEA-HNL flight last week. They were popular.

Flight had a few Sun Chips, lots of Fritos (that people avoided), Twix, and Pirouettes, plus other items.
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by jrkmsp View Post
I did a weekend trip to Seattle (UG'd both ways as an FO!) and had a couple passes of the snack basket. It seems like the Fritos may have been an opening salvo of a bunch of changes to the snack basket. Just two data points and one weekend, so take it with a grain of salt, but here's what I saw (and didn't see).

In: Pirouette Cookies
Out: Toblerone.

In: Hershey's chocolate mini-bars (FA fridged before serving. Nice.)
Out: Twix

In: Pretzel M&M minis
Out: Shortbread cookies? Didn't search for these, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't in there.

I didn't notice frito's or sun chips, but I don't swear either of those were there.

Gets me thinking, maybe they're going to do a whole rotation of the snack basket line-up?
I always snag a Twix and a Shortbread ...dang it!!
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I was told on my flight last week it was only for the summer!
Old Jul 15, 13, 2:05 pm

Programs: Handcuffed to Delta and IHG by Concur
The shortbread cookies are what I always took. Until they adulterated them with the chocolate chips.
Old Jul 15, 13, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Twix and Sunchips (although only the Garden Salsa flavor) on my flight this morning ATL-MCO.
Old Jul 15, 13, 2:21 pm

It seems to be variable. On my first flight of 3 yesterday the basket had shortbread cookies (PHL-DTW) on the 2nd leg was dinner, no basket (DTW-SLC), on the third (SLC-YYC) no shortbread cookies but they had packaged slices of banana bread.
Old Jul 15, 13, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jkatzen View Post
The Pirouettes disappeared rapidly on my SEA-HNL flight last week. They were popular.

Flight had a few Sun Chips, lots of Fritos (that people avoided), Twix, and Pirouettes, plus other items.
The pirouettes were definitely popular on my flight. And the FA said they'd been popular on other flights she worked as well.

I was also a fan of the chilled Hershey bars. Simple, but sweet.
Old Jul 15, 13, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM
Originally Posted by amanuensis View Post
The shortbread cookies are what I always took. Until they adulterated them with the chocolate chips.
+1. I'll take my shortbread cookies unadulterated, thank you.
Old Jul 15, 13, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Top Tier, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I had the new items described above on DTW-TPA a few days ago. Finally a little variety!
Old Jul 15, 13, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
When rolled out I thought Fritos were the tackiest addition to the snack basket. I felt guilty for giving them a try with my cocktail last week. I even looked around the cabin when the FA brought me another package with my second drink.
Old Jul 15, 13, 5:24 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
WHAT?? No more Walkers shortbread cookies?? Screw the MQD addition, I'm switching airlines!
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Don't worry. I'm sure soon enough our old favorites will return in the form of the The Luxury Basket. $5 for the fun size Twix and shortbread cookie and $7 for the Sunchips. But don't forget you'll get the onboard discount if you use your Delta branded Amex.
Old Jul 15, 13, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by fattieonboard View Post
When rolled out I thought Fritos were the tackiest addition to the snack basket. I felt guilty for giving them a try with my cocktail last week. I even looked around the cabin when the FA brought me another package with my second drink.
I don't think you should be advertising the fact that you ate the Fritos!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: