Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Status = Club Carlson Gold Elite Status

Old Jul 10, 13, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver

Just got this email from DL:

Hello rwoman,

Your Medallion® status has earned you the Club Carlson Gold Elite status you deserve.

Just for you: Join Club Carlson, the global rewards program from the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group before July 18, 2013 and as a new member you will receive complimentary Gold Elite Status through February 28, 2014.

Additional perks include:
Earn 1,000 bonus miles when you complete a stay at any Carlson Rezidor hotel between July 29 and September 30, 2013

and

Extended Gold Elite Status through February 28, 2015 when you stay 3 or more times between July 29, 2013 and December 15, 2013

Club Carlson Gold Elite members enjoy the following benefits:
- An additional 50% Gold Points® bonus on every eligible stay
- 2,000 bonus points as an online booking bonus when you book at clubcarlson.com or any Carlson Rezidor hotel brand website
- Complimentary room upgrades (subject to availability)
- Early check-in and late checkout upon request (subject to availability)

Enroll today to take advantage of this exclusive offer for select SkyMiles members. Have your SkyMiles number ready to enroll and confirm your eligibility. Your Gold Elite status upgrade will be processed after verification is complete.
I'm not sure if it's targeted or not.

Club Carlson/Delta Enrollment Page

Last edited by rwoman; Jul 10, 13 at 9:55 am Reason: Link
Old Jul 10, 13, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, BA Silver
An update...

Tried to register and it tells me my Skymiles number is invalid...

That said, I suspect this may only be available to new members. Additional verbage from link in post #1:

Join Club Carlson, the global rewards program from the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, between July 8 and July 18, 2013 and as a new member you will receive complimentary Gold Elite status through February 28, 2014.
Old Jul 10, 13, 10:13 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL Gold, SPG PLT
Tried to register my Skymiles number this morning too and also yielded the "...the Skymiles number you entered is invalid." Following up with @Deltaassist now. Hmm
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM 1.6 MM; Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Gold
I tried and also said SM number invalid...did you notice the url though?? What is GPP Surveys??

http://gppsurveys.com/DeltaSkyMiles/
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:09 am
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Same error... Webpage displays a calculation algorithm on top: (masked for security purposes)

mDeltaID: [**********]
mID2Validate: [*********]
mIDCheckDigit:[*]
mIDQuotientCalc: [*********]
mIDQuotient:[*]
mRemainderCalc: [*****]
mIDModulus: [***]

Originally Posted by JBJ2435 View Post
I tried and also said SM number invalid...did you notice the url though?? What is GPP Surveys??

http://gppsurveys.com/DeltaSkyMiles/
GPP=Gold Points Plus, CC Rewards system
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The offer quoted in the OP did say "for select SkyMiles members" so I would assume that this is targeted, although perhaps even not necessarily just for elites.
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:14 am

Programs: US CP, DL PM, UA Silver, HU/TJ Air Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat (Yay!)
One can get Gold for free with some thorough Googling and no SM status
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:15 am
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
The offer quoted in the OP did say "for select SkyMiles members" so I would assume that this is targeted, although perhaps even not necessarily just for elites.
I would assume that those of us who received the email were targeted, seems to be a problem with their Skymiles number verification
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:17 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by B7e7US View Post
I would assume that those of us who received the email were targeted, seems to be a problem with their Skymiles number verification
maybe the targeted group is elites with mailing addresses outside of the USA or in Europe.
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Got it too, mailing address in the USA.

However, got the same error as the rest with invalid SkyMiles number. Maybe they should test these systems before sending out emails.
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:21 am

Programs: DM/2MM
maybe the targeted group is elites with mailing addresses outside of the USA or in Europe.
I got it. Breezed through it and deleted it though.
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler View Post
I got it. Breezed through it and deleted it though.
I got it too. In fact, I should have checked my email before guessing from the two reports about that Europeans were being selected. Maybe I should check out the new Radisson Blu at MOA.
Old Jul 10, 13, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM, CO Silver
I called up Club Carlson. They said they've had multiple calls about this issue, and their IT is working on it. No idea on when it'll be fixed though.
Old Jul 10, 13, 12:08 pm

I just tried again and it worked! Says it may take up to two weeks to be activated though...
Old Jul 10, 13, 12:10 pm

I didn't get the email (or at least I don't think, can't check home email from work) but the offer worked for me from the link!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: