Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Airport Upgrades to BusinessElite AMS-BOS on Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Upgrades to BusinessElite AMS-BOS on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
S is more expensive than H. From most expensive to cheapest, it goes Y/B/M/S/H/Q/K/L/U/T/X/V/E.
Yep. It's not Y B M but it's far from cheap and IIRC it's treated like M for some purposes.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Has anyone here upgraded KL flights not covered by the TATL JV ( like HKG ) with Skymiles and co pay?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Has anyone here upgraded KL flights not covered by the TATL JV ( like HKG ) with Skymiles and co pay?
Have upgraded AMS HKG with a GUC. Assume you can do so with miles/copay at AMS.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
I'm thinking of upgrading on the way back?
It looks like rather straightforward process at AMS and I don't mind if agents at my outstation - ARN - won't be able to process DoD upgrade for the first short hop as long as I sort out an upgrade for a long segment at Crown lounge.
However what about the returning flight from the US (LAX) or EZE.

I'm thinking of purchasing a ticket to EZE on KL (and hope to get DoD upgrade with DL GUC), but no way I want to stuck in Y on the way back on a 13 hours flight if none in Buenos Aires will be able to process DoD. LAX is another option in question.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
Yes, see post #111 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26164961-post111.html with the flight no's, same KL DoD rules apply

Last edited by Grouchy; Feb 12, 2016 at 6:28 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by urww
I'm thinking of upgrading on the way back?
It looks like rather straightforward process at AMS and I don't mind if agents at my outstation - ARN - won't be able to process DoD upgrade for the first short hop as long as I sort out an upgrade for a long segment at Crown lounge.
However what about the returning flight from the US (LAX) or EZE.

I'm thinking of purchasing a ticket to EZE on KL (and hope to get DoD upgrade with DL GUC), but no way I want to stuck in Y on the way back on a 13 hours flight if none in Buenos Aires will be able to process DoD. LAX is another option in question.
With the ex-AMS DoD UG, there will never be advanced confirmation of the UG. Flying in Y will be a risk.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
In August, I'll be returning from Norway (SVG) via AMS and CDG to SFO. In the past, I have taken advantage of these miles + $ upgrades from AMS. Would I still be able to arrange this for my CDG to SFO leg at the KLM transfer desk during my stop in AMS? My first flight is operated by KLM, the next two by Air France. Ticket is 006 stock.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KevinSFO
In August, I'll be returning from Norway (SVG) via AMS and CDG to SFO. In the past, I have taken advantage of these miles + $ upgrades from AMS. Would I still be able to arrange this for my CDG to SFO leg at the KLM transfer desk during my stop in AMS? My first flight is operated by KLM, the next two by Air France. Ticket is 006 stock.
I've seen AF offer UGs for sale before flying but not at the airport. I don't think AF has a KL-esque day of departure UG option.
Old May 5, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rwoman
I've seen AF offer UGs for sale before flying but not at the airport. I don't think AF has a KL-esque day of departure UG option.
Thanks! I'll have to try to keep the return from AMS to SFO in the future. The CDG connection just happened to be a few hundred dollars cheaper this time.
Old May 5, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
#1 is correct

but, #2,
NO, you pay no co-pay for Delta GUC for KLM metal KLM operated (your #2). But, if you do a DoD upgrade without a GUC it follows the miles+co-pay scheme. (no co-pay if Y/B/M).

So Delta GUCs are VERY VALUABLE ex-AMS (and globally, if can be processed), since they can be used with no co-pay and anyfare on any KLM metal flight globally.
Forgot to report in when I did this a few months ago in December... Was able to use a GUC to upgrade DoD AMS -> SFO on KL metal... on an inexpensive last minute U fare. Well worth it for that flight! (The upgrade was handled at the desk in the KLM lounge)
Old May 6, 2016, 2:48 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I upgraded DoD last December CDG-LAX from PE to J for $472 at the AF Salon Lounge.

Actually I was in Y, cheapest fare, and they upgraded me for free automatically to PE due to an oversell (I am DL DM but no FB status). After checking in and getting this upgrade I went to lounge to ask about buying up to J.

$472 later, I am sitting comfortably for 11 hours!
Old May 6, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM
With the ex-AMS DoD UG, there will never be advanced confirmation of the UG. Flying in Y will be a risk.
Yes, it is a risk and many times, I've encountered full J situations. So you can't count on it.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss
Yes, it is a risk and many times, I've encountered full J situations. So you can't count on it.
I, too, am surprised at the number of times I've tried it and J has been full or I've gotten to the lounge too late when connecting.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Any updates on ex-AMS miles/$ upgrades

I'm booked on a personal trip to ARN and purchased a V fare $505 SEA-AMS-ARN RT. Since this is purely for personal travel, I don't need (nor can I expense) D1. But I'd like to take a shot at a DoD upgrade coming home.

I think I read that the copays and miles have recently gone up significantly? Any recent examples?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anon2k2
I'm booked on a personal trip to ARN and purchased a V fare $505 SEA-AMS-ARN RT. Since this is purely for personal travel, I don't need (nor can I expense) D1. But I'd like to take a shot at a DoD upgrade coming home.

I think I read that the copays and miles have recently gone up significantly? Any recent examples?
Really better to ask in KLM forum. Even though it's a DL flight everything DoD is done by KLM. DL has nothing to do with DoD upgrades at AMS/CDG and doesn't set the pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.