Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sun chips out fritos in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Sun chips out fritos in

Two flights today had snack basket changes in first class. The change. ... no more sun chips they have been replaced with fritos.

So begin the debate is this an enhancement or not. ...
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ugh

it will be spun as an "exciting update" or a "new offering" followed by "We hope you enjoy it" but -- as with most everything DL is rolling out lately -- it is most likely because they cost less
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Ai-Yi-Yi-Yi
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:16 am
Used to be hamajicky

i don't like either, but fritos definitely cost less than sun chips
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
BUT are they more healthy ? I doubt it ! And on another note perhaps Sun chips had a tie in with Pepsi Cola - Delta favors Coke good ole boys home
town ATL enterprise.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Fritos are loaded with fat and calories.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:23 am

Ew gross. They better keep their fruit stocked cause that's all I'm choosing from the basket now
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I enjoy Fritos, but the sun chips were kind of healthy. I do not like getting the fruit since really not sure where it has been. I wich they had little bagged raisons, or apple chips.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I may have mentioned this before, but I dated a rather attractive gal in college who turned out to be a large fries and drink short of a combo platter. It was a tumultuous affair that ended with among things, the burning of my clothes and a visit to a medical professional. My relationship with Delta reminds me more and more of this... I have some great days being treated like a king and then others where passive aggressiveness and down right spitfulness seem to be how I am treated. I realize it is not really about me, but it comes off that way. I just hope the clothes burning thing is not some sort of harbinger.

What does this have to do with Fritos? She loved them.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I can already smell the rubes next to me....withb that awful corn breath. Gross.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by orr333
I can already smell the rubes next to me....withb that awful corn breath. Gross.
The smell of them triggers a fear instinct in me. If you are on a plane and see a guy curled up in a ball on the floor of the galley, bring me 2 valiums and Bombay mini bottle.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:53 am
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by orr333
Add Fritos corn breath to Gordon's breath and it isn't a pretty picture.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by MissJ
They better keep their fruit stocked cause that's all I'm choosing from the basket now
It's only a matter of time before the fruit gets enhanced to Fruit Product™, which customers have been asking for and is on par with competitor* offerings.

*For purposes of benchmarking, Delta compares its premium product offering with the premium cabin offerings of competitors such as Southwest, JetBlue, and Spirit. Fruit Product™ is a trademark of the American Express Diageo Lincoln Motors Coca Cola company.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:02 am

What is with the snack basket anyway. On a recent LGA-TPA flight, there was no snack basked catered and no peanuts, pretzels or biscoffs. The FA got bothered when I asked for some peanuts to go with my Blue Moon. But she did go back to coach to get me the peanuts.

On the return TPA-LGA, the snack basket got downgraded to the basic peanuts, pretzels and biscoffs. Is this the new basket for the shorter haul flights and the longer haul flights get the better basket?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sspontak
What is with the snack basket anyway. On a recent LGA-TPA flight, there was no snack basked catered and no peanuts, pretzels or biscoffs. The FA got bothered when I asked for some peanuts to go with my Blue Moon. But she did go back to coach to get me the peanuts.

On the return TPA-LGA, the snack basket got downgraded to the basic peanuts, pretzels and biscoffs. Is this the new basket for the shorter haul flights and the longer haul flights get the better basket?
Was it a RJ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.