Wiki Posts
Search

Sun chips out fritos in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
They could at least have a gourmet style chip
+1 My vote would be the Kettle Salt and Pepper chips, though I'm fond of their Spicy Thai chips as well. Then again, many FTers might object to anything with the name Kettle making its way into F....
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:13 am

Programs: DL Platinum, QF, VA, AA, UA, US, SQ, EK, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Fairmont
Originally Posted by ryanm
+1 My vote would be the Kettle Salt and Pepper chips, though I'm fond of their Spicy Thai chips as well. Then again, many FTers might object to anything with the name Kettle making its way into F....
+1 I love Kettle too - that would be a gourmet product befitting of F.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by jykt
I can dig it. And I'll add my flavor of choice to the list. I love the Kettle Salt and Vinegar. What makes it even better is that almost all of my friends detest them (I have no idea why), which mean I don't have to share.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If anyone is going through CVG, stop at Gold Star Chili and get some chili and bring it on board to make a frito pie.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by davetravels
Perhaps they're preparing for the next "enhancement" in hot meal service . . . .

Frito pies! Yummm!

It'd save A TON on dishes!!!

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
They are making the cuts in FC amenities in an incremental (or, rather, decremental) fashion.

Perhaps, the end point is displayed below. The FC PAX will be able to pass the can from row to row, and dig into the can for whatever amount they want.

In a related move, the Walker's Shortbread cookies and Biscoffs could be replaced by the mini versions of Moon Pies, but you will get a choice of the chocolate or banana flavors.

Moon Pies

Originally Posted by rylan
If anyone is going through CVG, stop at Gold Star Chili and get some chili and bring it on board to make a frito pie.
Mmmmm. Frito pie...

If we get moon pies, we had also better get RC Cola
Old Jul 1, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
I have had kettle chips in F on the hot sandwich lunch trays 3x in the last week. Much better than greasy Lays.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Had Sunchips in F on 6/28 ATL-LAX and last night LAX-ATL
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Well I am glad loads on this thread have started to love Kettles at long last.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I confess, I love Kettle chips too. But just give me the plain Kettle chips with sea salt.

What I don't like is the sacrilege that Delta has been trying to pass off as Walker shortbread cookies. Chocolate chips should be forever banished from them. The chocolate totally overpowers the subtle notes of butter and haggis.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
1) I didn't realize that FlyerTalk had a bad name.
Seriously? You didn't know this? Delta (and other airlines) have to figure out the legitimate complaints from the rest of the stuff and pretty much every move they make people ..... about it to no end. I just read recently how they are really going downhill lately...I have read about that the entire time I have been here. Unfortunately for the members here, it appears their business is going uphill lately.

Are you implying that a message board with thousands of posts by tens of thousands of people from all over the world be strictly about stuffed-shirt topics, and no fun every now n' then?
Of course not.

3) The topic of the contents of a Delta snack basket is actually is directly related to Delta "stuff", so it wouldn't belong in TravelBuzz, or another more generic forum.
I believe it belongs right here. It just goes back to if they don't change the snack basket then people will complain about it being the same all of the time and if they do change it then why couldn't they leave well enough alone.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by indufan
It just goes back to if they don't change the snack basket then people will complain about it being the same all of the time and if they do change it then why couldn't they leave well enough alone.
Welcome to life in the real world!

Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, QF, VA, AA, UA, US, SQ, EK, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Fairmont
Originally Posted by amanuensis
I confess, I love Kettle chips too. But just give me the plain Kettle chips with sea salt.

What I don't like is the sacrilege that Delta has been trying to pass off as Walker shortbread cookies. Chocolate chips should be forever banished from them. The chocolate totally overpowers the subtle notes of butter and haggis.
I wonder why Delta doesn't serve the original plain butter version from Walker - is the chocolate chip a "dumbing down" for American palates?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I wonder why Delta doesn't serve the original plain butter version from Walker - is the chocolate chip a "dumbing down" for American palates?
Had those on a DL flight last Thursday.^

(The plain butter ones, that is.)

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Jul 1, 2013 at 8:27 pm
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Well, actually...

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I can't believe I didn't see the setup for that. This is one of those "I see what you did there" moments.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
Both Fritos and SunChips are a Frito-Lay product. And Frito-Lay is owned by Pepsico. When the DL/NW merger resulted in the disappearance of Pepsi completely there was speculation on this board that the move to Frito-Lay products in the snack basket was a way to keep some business with Pepsico.
The issue is, Its hard to have any chip products that aren't Frito-lay.... I mean just look at your local supermarket. The bulk of the chips will be something owned by Frito-lay.

I'd love to see them add Cape Cod Chips to the snack basket. (IIRC is not a Pepsi company)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.