Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL to AZ connection at CDG, and 767-300 Questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat

A couple of weeks ago I booked an economy award ticket SEA-CDG-FCO and return. The TATL flight is a DL 767-300 (fully refurbed I think as the seat map shows EC, and the BE cabin shows 1-2-1 seating) ; this connects to an AZ flight at CDG.

I've seen many negative reports of connections gone wrong at CDG, but about a year ago I recall reports of CDG restructuring to improve the connection process (in fact I don't recall seeing any CDG connection horror stories for many months now).

Have thing really improved ? ... and more specifically how difficult will a DL-to-AZ connection be at CDG, rather than the more typical DL to AF scenario ?

[I'm DL PM so I could still rebook thru AMS if necessary but the timing works well thru CDG].

Re the 767-300 (I've already studied the various seating and EC wikis):

I currently have seat 17F bulkhead EC - this seems a good choice for legroom but exit rows 20 and 21 are still available. Why does 21 seem preferred over 20 in various FT posts ?

Aso, has DL refurbed all its TATL 767-300 AC ? Any chance of another 767 being subbed in given the very long stage length (5,000 miles: US West Coast to Europe) ?

Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Non-Schengen to Schengen transfers have been made far easier at CDG. I've made numerous transfers in the past several months without issue. There are Sky Priority/Access No 1 lanes, which make things a little better as well.

As far as Economy Comfort...

I prefer the bulkhead on the 763.

Row 20 vs. 21 - 21 typically has better recline. Some do not like these rows because of their proximity to the lavatories.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by rwoman
Non-Schengen to Schengen transfers have been made far easier at CDG. I've made numerous transfers in the past several months without issue. There are Sky Priority/Access No 1 lanes, which make things a little better as well.

As far as Economy Comfort...

I prefer the bulkhead on the 763.

Row 20 vs. 21 - 21 typically has better recline. Some do not like these rows because of their proximity to the lavatories.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Absolutely. My seats of choice on any 763 are AB or FG in the bulkhead row. Some have said the first exit row can have limited recline, but I've never tried them out because both of the exits are right next to the lavs, and on those TATLs they get used a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.