FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Excessive hold times to speak to a elite line phone rep (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1480304-excessive-hold-times-speak-elite-line-phone-rep.html)

RSSrsvp Jun 29, 2013 11:24 pm

I called again tonight and the recording said up to 18 minutes. After 25 minutes on hold I gave up. :td:

troyintn Jun 30, 2013 7:26 am

Originally Posted by jbarm (Post 21012106)
As a lowly FO, I was quoted a 4.5 hour call back time last night.

Twitter has not responded in over two hours today to a DM.

Just called and was promised a call back in 25 minutes.

jb

I am sure more regulations will be coming if 4hour plus hold times happen. DL can claim for sales it does not matter, but when rebooking with weather/mechanical delays it is a time sensitive business. I can see the I missed the last flight out, and had to stay over night problems.

RSSrsvp Jun 30, 2013 7:37 am

Originally Posted by troyintn (Post 21015328)
I am sure more regulations will be coming if 4hour plus hold times happen. DL can claim for sales it does not matter, but when rebooking with weather/mechanical delays it is a time sensitive business. I can see the I missed the last flight out, and had to stay over night problems.

You always hear these options when you call the premium sales and service number. They first ask a yes or no question as to whether this pertains to a domestic flight. When I said no as I was calling about an international flight then they say if you are calling to book a flight press 1, if it is about an existing reservation press 2 or something else press 3.

The calls I have been making were concerning an existing international reservation so if we follow your logic above I would hate to be someone calling to buy a new ticket!

jkatzen Jun 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp (Post 21015387)
You always hear these options when you call the premium sales and service number. They first ask a yes or no question as to whether this pertains to a domestic flight. When I said no as I was calling about an international flight then they say if you are calling to book a flight press 1, if it is about an existing reservation press 2 or something else press 3.

The calls I have been making were concerning an existing international reservation so if we follow your logic above I would hate to be someone calling to buy a new ticket!

I don't get any options when I call the number. I enter my SkyMiles number, say NO (press 2) to the survey question, and then someone answers, usually within 10 seconds.

Today (3pm HST/9pm EDT) the wait was about 60 seconds, and I was wondering what was up. The web site was also freaking out, which is why I called in.

JGfromOC Jun 30, 2013 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by jkatzen (Post 21019038)
I don't get any options when I call the number. I enter my SkyMiles number, say NO (press 2) to the survey question, and then someone answers, usually within 10 seconds.

Today (3pm HST/9pm EDT) the wait was about 60 seconds, and I was wondering what was up. The web site was also freaking out, which is why I called in.

Difference between being a PM vs being a GM or FO. As an FO earlier this year I never had a call hold time under 20 minutes. Always had to do the "call me back" option.

DL might as well ditch FO if they're not going to treat it like an elite level. Minus the 1 out of 100 chance of an UG, FO is no different than being a SM AMEX cardholder (if you count the 25% bonus miles that big of a perk).

troyintn Jul 1, 2013 4:36 am

Originally Posted by JGfromOC (Post 21019189)
DL might as well ditch FO if they're not going to treat it like an elite level. Minus the 1 out of 100 chance of an UG, FO is no different than being a SM AMEX cardholder (if you count the 25% bonus miles that big of a perk).

Sad but true.

SleeStack1 Jul 1, 2013 10:30 am

Called this morning. Was less than 20 seconds again. Called at 7:30am. Maybe most don't call that early?

SleeStack1 Jul 1, 2013 10:31 am

Originally Posted by JGfromOC (Post 21019189)
DL might as well ditch FO if they're not going to treat it like an elite level. Minus the 1 out of 100 chance of an UG, FO is no different than being a SM AMEX cardholder...

All you need is an FO card and a dream... :D

JGfromOC Jul 1, 2013 10:55 am

Originally Posted by SleeStack1 (Post 21021468)
All you need is an FO card and a dream... :D

and a prayer :D