Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Advice for booking BOS-LAX F award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Looking to use up some miles on a quick weekend BOS-LAX r/t August 9-11 for the pops birthday. Right now all flights are pricing out at 80k miles, however, I'm trying to get a connection through JFK to try the BE product. That's pricing out at 95k miles r/t.

Is it always 95k miles or is it possible to ever get F on the JFK-LAX flights for anything lower?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its rare to find the premium trans-con flights for low level.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BOSavi8tr
Looking to use up some miles on a quick weekend BOS-LAX r/t August 9-11 for the pops birthday. Right now all flights are pricing out at 80k miles, however, I'm trying to get a connection through JFK to try the BE product. That's pricing out at 95k miles r/t.

Is it always 95k miles or is it possible to ever get F on the JFK-LAX flights for anything lower?
Let me know what you find! Been searching as well for BOS-LAX, even on the non stop, no dice. 50k miles+. Of course UA and AA have low level for my dates !
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:38 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Sounds like you have Medium First Class (40k) in one direction and Medium Business Elite (55k) in the other direction.

You can get B/E domestic for 60k roundtrip at low. (Good luck)

Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andymo99
Sounds like you have Medium First Class (40k) in one direction and Medium Business Elite (55k) in the other direction.

You can get B/E domestic for 60k roundtrip at low. (Good luck)

That's really odd...the highest it shows on the chart you posted is 70k miles, yet the lowest i'm seeing for BOS-LAX even with connections (MSP, MEM, DTW, ATL) is all 80k...? What gives?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

nevermind, I caught my mistake - those are one-way mileage charts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.