Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Awesome Customer Service with Phone Agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Silver; HH Diamond; UA Premier Plat
Thumbs up Awesome Customer Service with Phone Agent

I'm not sure if I've ever posted on the DL forum, but just had to share my awesome experience with a phone agent. My usual customer service experience is with UA phone agents and this particular DL employee outshone anyone them all.

One, you could hear the enthusiasm in her voice. She addressed me by name and seemed genuinely happy to help me.

Two, I had forgotten that the mileage requirement was based on region not on segment. I had already upgraded a DTW-NRT segment for 25,000 miles per pax and mistakenly thought I had to pay another 10,000 miles per pax for a NRT-MNL leg. The DL employee cheerfully and playfully corrected my mistake.

Three, and most importantly, I was calling via Skype from overseas and my connection died while she was booking the upgrade. I was mortified because I didn't know how I would reach the same agent. She called me back and left a voicemail (on the Skype number, because I paid to have an actual U.S. phone number) telling me she had completed the upgrade process. About 20 minutes later, I received an email confirmation. Had this been a UA agent, I can't be sure my request would have been processed.

Maybe these are small things for loyal DL customers. For me, these were major selling points for DL's customer service ethic. Wow!!! ^
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

They aren't small, they're important. Phone agents can be hit or miss, but most DL frontline employees are fantastic. As much as I make fun of DL corporate DL really should be proud of their customer-facing staff.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG PLT75, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKonger
They aren't small, they're important. Phone agents can be hit or miss, but most DL frontline employees are fantastic. As much as I make fun of DL corporate DL really should be proud of their customer-facing staff.
+1^
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sounds like a Chisholm agent.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HongKonger
+1

I have in general had fantastically pleasant service from the GM/PM line staff. I've had a few cases where they don't know how to deal with a specific problem, but even then, they have always been unfailingly nice.

I would say that I've mostly had the same experience with TAs, GAs, and FAs. Some bad apples here and there of course, but overall, I would definitely agree that the front-line for DL is top-notch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.