Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you visit the UK at least four times per year the Registered Traveller program eliminates the need for Fast Track inbound security:

https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller

Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
bergamini and gooselee like this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mia
If you visit the UK at least four times per year the Registered Traveller program eliminates the need for Fast Track inbound security:

https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller

Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
Slight correction - I believe it's that you must have visited 4 times in the last 24 months. At least, I'm hoping that's the case as I'll be applying before my next visit.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
.... visited 4 times in the last 24 months.....
That's correct. Even if approved well in advance you will not be able to use the e-passport lines on your "next" visit. One final chat with a live agent to collect your card.
gooselee likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
One last question, and I think by virtue of not first finding an answer anywhere that I know the answer. I’m a DM flying VS SEA<>LHR in PE next week. I only have 1 bag but it weighs in some times at 51-52# which I think makes a risk for 24 kg, or 1 kg over the PE limit. Does VS offer any extra limit for Medallion or just for UC?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
One last question, and I think by virtue of not first finding an answer anywhere that I know the answer. I’m a DM flying VS SEA<>LHR in PE next week. I only have 1 bag but it weighs in some times at 51-52# which I think makes a risk for 24 kg, or 1 kg over the PE limit. Does VS offer any extra limit for Medallion or just for UC?
My guess would be officially no, seeing as even Virgin Gold elites (Virgin's highest elite class) only get an extra 23kg bag over the limit, not extra weight in their first 2 bags. However you could get lucky with an agent who doesn't care about the extra 1kg, but I wouldn't count on it.
https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en....html/#premium
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jasonl5
My guess would be officially no, seeing as even Virgin Gold elites (Virgin's highest elite class) only get an extra 23kg bag over the limit, not extra weight in their first 2 bags. However you could get lucky with an agent who doesn't care about the extra 1kg, but I wouldn't count on it.
https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en....html/#premium
Why not put the extra kg into your carry-on? Why stress out about this?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by audidudi
Why not put the extra kg into your carry-on? Why stress out about this?
Because I recently had orthopedic surgery and am constrained to a certain amount of weight I can lift, both medically and functionally.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Because I recently had orthopedic surgery and am constrained to a certain amount of weight I can lift, both medically and functionally.
In PE you do get two free checked bags. So you could split your stuff among two bags. This has the added benefit of you not having to worry about lifting a 50+ pound bag, which it sounds like could be an issue.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Is the flight coded as VS or as DL? It makes a difference in allowance. If it's DL coded you'll get 70lbs allowance as DL bag policy would apply. I am assuming this is the first flight in the reservation. If it's not than answer may differ.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is the flight coded as VS or as DL? It makes a difference in allowance. If it's DL coded you'll get 70lbs allowance as DL bag policy would apply. I am assuming this is the first flight in the reservation. If it's not than answer may differ.
It's VS coded . I stupidly was worried about meeting $15K MQD spend and VS PE gives a nice amount, that I don't need now.

But I decided to just pack light and pay for laundry since that would be cheaper than the overweight bag fee.

Last edited by bergamini; Dec 3, 2018 at 9:06 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Talking

But I decided to just pack light and pay for laundry since that would be cheaper than the overweight bag fee.
Those are some heavy clothes!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Those are some heavy clothes!
For as much as I travel you’d think I would know how to get by without 10 of everything but I still way, way, overpack.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
EU clears Air France-KLM, Delta, Virgin group deal over Virgin Atlantic

Originally Posted by Reuters
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators on Tuesday cleared Air France-KLM, Delta Air Lines and Virgin Group to acquire joint control over Virgin Atlantic, saying they did not see any competition concerns.

The deal involves Air France-KLM buying 31 percent of Virgin Atlantic from Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, giving it joint control of the airline together with Delta and Virgin Group.

The European Commission said its investigation showed that there would still be strong competition in the market following the deal.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:47 am

Virgin Atlantic also put a bid in to acquire Flybe for domestic and regional connections.
Interesting times ahead
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sksys1
Virgin Atlantic also put a bid in to acquire Flybe for domestic and regional connections.
Interesting times ahead
They're offering the princely sum of 1 penny per share, valuing "Europe's largest independent regional airline" at a mere Ł2.2m.

The board is coming in for some brutal flak from shareholders, but they advise that the company will be wound up if the "rescue deal" is not accepted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/47165902

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.