Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by mot29
As a DL Platinum, you are ST Elite Plus -- this is what the ST www site says --
International First and Business Class passengers, as well as SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling in Economy Class, enjoy complimentary access to more than 629 worldwide member lounges on the day of travel when flying on or connecting to or from an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier.
Since your VS flight is on 006 stock and DL flight number, I think that qualifies.

I haven't flown PE on VS for 5 years, so can't comment on the amenity kit.

But as important as the amenity kit, I think is getting a Fast Track card for immigration. I asked for one when I flew PE and the VS FA gave me one, but I don't know if it was common practice.

On several VS flights as a PM in Premium Economy I have never been refused or seen any hesitation when I asked the FA for a Fast Track card; I think it is standard practice for Delta PM and DM. I dont know about GM.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Result: Sitting on the Sky Deck in DL SkyClub right now. Handed the dragon my BP (with the red VS back), she scanned it, smiled, and said welcome. No issues whatsoever so I imagine access to DL clubs on VS-operated TATLs is in fact a defined benefit at least for PM+.

ETA: Just boarded and red amenity kits are in seats with eye mask, pen, socks, earplugs, and toothbrush. No clue what was going on on my last flight, but glad I can brush my teeth without digging through my bag!

Last edited by gooselee; Oct 21, 2018 at 5:23 pm
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Result: Sitting on the Sky Deck in DL SkyClub right now. Handed the dragon my BP (with the red VS back), she scanned it, smiled, and said welcome. No issues whatsoever so I imagine access to DL clubs on VS-operated TATLs is in fact a defined benefit at least for PM+.

ETA: Just hoarded and red amenity kits are in seats with eye mask, pen, socks, earplugs, and toothbrush. No clue what was going on on my last flight, but glad I can brush my teeth without digging through my bag!
Good to know about the amenity kits. Im in PE on a VS JFK-LHR flight on Tuesday night.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Good to know about the amenity kits. Im in PE on a VS JFK-LHR flight on Tuesday night.
And I realized my autocorrect changed boarded to hoarded. Although, the seat next to me is empty so maaaybe....
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:11 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Premium Economy amenity kit is mentioned and pictured here, though perhaps different than gooselee received:

https://www.virginatlantic.com/us/en...s/premium.html
Attached Images  
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Premium Economy amenity kit is mentioned and pictured here, though perhaps different than gooselee received:

I’ve gotten a couple of those on past VS trips. From what Gooselee says, the current one is different in appearance. They all tend to have similar content.

I had heard rumors that VS no longer distributed amenity kits for PE pax, so was glad to hear that refuted.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Flying ATL-LHR tonight. 006 ticket, DL marketed, VS operated, booked in PE. Currently Delta PM.

Since there's no clubhouse in ATL, am I able to use the plan ol' DL SkyClub in this instance?
absolutely, 100% yes.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thanks! Yes, I knew PE doesn't include lounge but wasn't sure on PM status at airports without a VS clubhouse. The only other times I've been on VS and needed a lounge were TATLs ex-JFK and LHR, or connecting from a domestic DL flight where my Amex Reserve applies.
It doesn't matter if it's a Clubhouse or Skyclub. As a DL PM flying a DL or VS plane between US and UK you get access to both. You also get access in any connecting cities. Ie LAX-JFK-LHR, you'd get access in LAX and JFK to both. LAX-ATL-LHR, you get access to any Clubhouse or Skyclub at LAX or ATL.

Plus you get access to the VS arrivals lounge at LHR as PM.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia

The PE amenity kits do not look like that anymore apparently (at least not on the flight I just took). They are in a scratchy red nylon bag now. The contents are fine and get the job done, but I and many others left the bag itself behind at the end of the flight.

IIRC they are only offered on nighttime flights.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It doesn't matter if it's a Clubhouse or Skyclub. As a DL PM flying a DL or VS plane between US and UK you get access to both. You also get access in any connecting cities. Ie LAX-JFK-LHR, you'd get access in LAX and JFK to both. LAX-ATL-LHR, you get access to any Clubhouse or Skyclub at LAX or ATL.

Plus you get access to the VS arrivals lounge at LHR as PM.
Good to know and matches my experience. Just checked in to VS Revivals for breakfast as I slept through both meals on board. Obtained a Fast Track pass from a nice FA, though she kind of acted like it was a favor. I think they will almost always do it if asked politely, but I'm not sure that it's a "true" benefit for elites in PE. This morning it probably saved me the hour I need to freshen up and eat before heading to the city.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

IIRC they are only offered on nighttime flights..

I think this was the issue, though the question was about having a toothbrush after dinner, which suggests that it was a night flight. In any case, I believe amenity kits are only offered on redeye flights in PE.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I think this was the issue, though the question was about having a toothbrush after dinner, which suggests that it was a night flight. In any case, I believe amenity kits are only offered on redeye flights in PE.
Yes. The last flight I was on where there was no kit and a confused FA was also a redeye, but I'm guessing it was just a one off goof on not properly stocking the flight or something.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
  • Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can reinvigorate after your flight to London in the Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, featuring showers, spa treatments, Wi-Fi, made-to-order breakfast items and clothes pressing.* Before you depart, enjoy complimentary access to LHR’s Fast Track security lane and your choice of the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse or the No.1 Lounges, Heathrow for you and one (1) guest.
Hoping I don't have to beg too hard in VS PE next month.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
  • Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can reinvigorate after your flight to London in the Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, featuring showers, spa treatments, Wi-Fi, made-to-order breakfast items and clothes pressing.* Before you depart, enjoy complimentary access to LHRs Fast Track security lane and your choice of the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse or the No.1 Lounges, Heathrow for you and one (1) guest.
Before you depart meaning access to LHR security before you get airside, not on arrival...
I asked for a fast track immigration pass this summer in PE and they gave me one, but the FA definitely didnt know if she would be able to help me and it took long enough I thought Id been silently denied, so its something Id sort of expect if youre polite but wouldnt count on if anything but some time was at stake.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
  • Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members can reinvigorate after your flight to London in the Virgin Atlantic Revivals Lounge, featuring showers, spa treatments, Wi-Fi, made-to-order breakfast items and clothes pressing.* Before you depart, enjoy complimentary access to LHRs Fast Track security lane and your choice of the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse or the No.1 Lounges, Heathrow for you and one (1) guest.
We had no trouble when I was with my PM spouse. They gave us two right away, no questions asked, and I'm just GM.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo

Before you depart meaning access to LHR security before you get airside, not on arrival...
I asked for a fast track immigration pass this summer in PE and they gave me one, but the FA definitely didnt know if she would be able to help me and it took long enough I thought Id been silently denied, so its something Id sort of expect if youre polite but wouldnt count on if anything but some time was at stake.
This. Fast Track security when departing LHR is no issue at all for PM+. So long as your DL# is on the ticket, access is coded into your BP which you just scan at the door.

Fast Track through immigration when arriving at LHR is a little more iffy, though almost always successful IME when you politely ask the FAs. You must get the Fast Track pass while on board however - in the immigration hall there is a line dragon and they are quite strict in guarding the line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.