Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Sigh. Thank you for the information!
The No.1 Lounge in the South terminal is a very decent alternative if you have Priority Pass/Lounge Club or want to pay cash - various deals online. It can get very crowded at peak times however.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
An odd question here:
DL Plat, VS flight numbers on both flights.

Metal is DL MSP LHR, connecting to Jet Airways LHR DEL. All Y class.

What lounge access if any in LHR?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
None. You'll get access at MSP, but that's it.

Also note you won't earn any miles/MQM/MQD on the 9W flight since it's coded as VS.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by kyushuman
An odd question here:
DL Plat, VS flight numbers on both flights.

Metal is DL MSP LHR, connecting to Jet Airways LHR DEL. All Y class.

What lounge access if any in LHR?
As DL Plat you should have access to the VS arrivals lounge (called Revivals) in Terminal 3, but you would have to exit security to do so. It isn’t open all day, just until 1 or 2pm. I don’t know the logistics involved in connecting from DL arrival in Terminal 3 to a 9W departure, which I think is Terminal 4, and how the lounge visit would work with the connection.
gooselee likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

As DL Plat you should have access to the VS arrivals lounge (called Revivals) in Terminal 3, but you would have to exit security to do so. It isn’t open all day, just until 1 or 2pm. I don’t know the logistics involved in connecting from DL arrival in Terminal 3 to a 9W departure, which I think is Terminal 4, and how the lounge visit would work with the connection.
Logistics involve taking a bus from T3 to T4 and re-clearning security there -- which you wouldn't be able to do if you entered the UK (and visited the Revivals lounge). You'd need several hours for this, and then you'd need to go down to the train station to catch the shuttle train from T3 to T4. Not worth it, IMO -- going airside at LHR if you have to change terminals is a pain.

Regarding T4, from which 9W departs: if you have Priority Pass you can use the SkyTeam Lounge at T4 (which isn't half bad) or the Plaza Premium lounge, but your ticket won't get you anything.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
None. You'll get access at MSP, but that's it.

Also note you won't earn any miles/MQM/MQD on the 9W flight since it's coded as VS.
isnt is great how these jv's are metal neutral for everyone except passengers
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by runningformqm

isnt is great how these jv's are metal neutral for everyone except passengers
9W isn't in a JV. They codeshare ues, but not JV.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Hi there.

Flying ATL-LHR in Delta One, then KL LHR-AMS (on the same day I arrive into LHR, about 4 hours later).

I see KL LHR-AMS generally leaves from T4; but as a DM and incoming ATL-LHR in Delta One, will I have hassle-free Clubhouse access? Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Hi there.

Flying ATL-LHR in Delta One, then KL LHR-AMS (on the same day I arrive into LHR, about 4 hours later).

I see KL LHR-AMS generally leaves from T4; but as a DM and incoming ATL-LHR in Delta One, will I have hassle-free Clubhouse access? Thanks.
You won't have CH access for the LHR-AMS flights as KL operates from T4.

You will get access to T3 Revivals lounge if you chose to go landslide rather than use the flight connections route to T4.

And of course you will get access to the ST lounge in T4
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I swear I've tried searching, but alas...

Flying ATL-LHR tonight. 006 ticket, DL marketed, VS operated, booked in PE. Currently Delta PM.

Since there's no clubhouse in ATL, am I able to use the plan ol' DL SkyClub in this instance? Worst case, I have PP and will just scoot across to The Club (I don't plan on getting to the airport exceptionally early anyway), but I would like to get a few final gulps of fresh air on the Sky Deck if I can.

Also - did VS stop giving amenity kits in PE? Last nighttime PE flight I took was in July and the FA seemed thoroughly confused when I asked for one. I mostly just want a throwaway toothbrush I can use after dinner as I can't find any extras at home.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:16 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by gooselee

Flying ATL-LHR tonight. 006 ticket, DL marketed, VS operated, booked in PE. Currently Delta PM.

Since there's no clubhouse in ATL, am I able to use the plan ol' DL SkyClub in this instance? Worst case, I have PP and will just scoot across to The Club (I don't plan on getting to the airport exceptionally early anyway), but I would like to get a few final gulps of fresh air on the Sky Deck if I can.

Also - did VS stop giving amenity kits in PE? Last nighttime PE flight I took was in July and the FA seemed thoroughly confused when I asked for one. I mostly just want a throwaway toothbrush I can use after dinner as I can't find any extras at home.
I believe you should have Sky Club access by virtue of your PM status (PE passengers don't otherwise get lounge access). Not sure about the amenity kit question.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bgriff
I believe you should have Sky Club access by virtue of your PM status (PE passengers don't otherwise get lounge access). Not sure about the amenity kit question.
Thanks! Yes, I knew PE doesn't include lounge but wasn't sure on PM status at airports without a VS clubhouse. The only other times I've been on VS and needed a lounge were TATLs ex-JFK and LHR, or connecting from a domestic DL flight where my Amex Reserve applies.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gooselee

As a DL Platinum, you are ST Elite Plus -- this is what the ST www site says --
International First and Business Class passengers, as well as SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling in Economy Class, enjoy complimentary access to more than 629 worldwide member lounges on the day of travel when flying on or connecting to or from an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier.
Since your VS flight is on 006 stock and DL flight number, I think that qualifies.

I haven't flown PE on VS for 5 years, so can't comment on the amenity kit.

But as important as the amenity kit, I think is getting a Fast Track card for immigration. I asked for one when I flew PE and the VS FA gave me one, but I don't know if it was common practice.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:39 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by mot29
As a DL Platinum, you are ST Elite Plus -- this is what the ST www site says --
International First and Business Class passengers, as well as SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling in Economy Class, enjoy complimentary access to more than 629 worldwide member lounges on the day of travel when flying on or connecting to or from an international flight operated by a SkyTeam carrier.
Since your VS flight is on 006 stock and DL flight number, I think that qualifies.

I haven't flown PE on VS for 5 years, so can't comment on the amenity kit.

But as important as the amenity kit, I think is getting a Fast Track card for immigration. I asked for one when I flew PE and the VS FA gave me one, but I don't know if it was common practice.
Virgin Atlantic is not a SkyTeam member so SkyTeam policies do not apply (no matter what airline tickets or markets the flight, it just matters what airline operates it). But, lounge access is provided under the separate terms of the VS-DL partnership.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm currently finishing dinner at Ecco. Will walk over after and see what happens.

And yes, Fast Track passes are generally given out to elites in PE if you ask nicely. They are certainly a game changer at LHR!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.