Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:04 am

Hi - Upperclass tickets
Old Jul 9, 2018, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Youll have access to the DL Skyclub. When you checkin at MCO mention you're connecting onto a VS ticket at JFK. They'll be able to tag your bags all the way through. No need to exit security at JFK. They should be able to print BP for the VS flights. (It depends what process tgey use to tag your bags all the way) If they can't don't worry. When the VS Clubhouse opens they can check you in there.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
I think I have got this right but perhaps someone could clarify.

We have a Virgin Upper Class flight booked LAX - LHR. We are going to book a separate Delta flight from SFO - LAX on the same day. I understand that Delta should be able to interline the bags and tag to LHR from SFO.

Do we also have access to the Delta Sky Club at SFO as we have a same day Virgin Upper Class ticket?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jmacconnacher
I think I have got this right but perhaps someone could clarify.

We have a Virgin Upper Class flight booked LAX - LHR. We are going to book a separate Delta flight from SFO - LAX on the same day. I understand that Delta should be able to interline the bags and tag to LHR from SFO.

Do we also have access to the Delta Sky Club at SFO as we have a same day Virgin Upper Class ticket?
I have never seen VS Upper Class fares cheaper from LAX>LHR, so I'm curious why you would bother flying to LAX to take the flight when SFO>LHR would be so much more convenient? I'm guessing that your original routing on VS was LHR>LAX>LHR. Also I don't know whether you'll have access to the SkyClub at SFO, but as a DL codeshare on VS from LAX>LHR I would think so. Same with checking your bags through to LHR!

Last edited by audidudi; Jul 9, 2018 at 11:34 am
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:32 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The Virgin Clubhouse at SFO is in a separate terminal from Delta domestic flights requiring at the least re-clearing security twice, and I believe currently requiring taking the AirTrain between terminals due to construction at Terminal 1. Up to you but I don't think it's worth the hassle; the SFO Sky Club is already above average. Plus you'd have to confirm the SFO Clubhouse opening hours; I believe it's only open for a few hours a day before the VS departure which may not align with when you'd be in SFO.

You should be able to check the bags through. May want to bookmark this page to show to the check-in agent if they try to say no:
https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...e-policy-.html
JaneStarr likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by bgriff
The Virgin Clubhouse at SFO is in a separate terminal from Delta domestic flights requiring at the least re-clearing security twice, and I believe currently requiring taking the AirTrain between terminals due to construction at Terminal 1. Up to you but I don't think it's worth the hassle; the SFO Sky Club is already above average. Plus you'd have to confirm the SFO Clubhouse opening hours; I believe it's only open for a few hours a day before the VS departure which may not align with when you'd be in SFO.

You should be able to check the bags through. May want to bookmark this page to show to the check-in agent if they try to say no:
The poster was actually inquiring about the DL SkyClub and not the VS Clubhouse! The opening hours are from 05.00-Midnight. His VS departure is also from LAX, not SFO!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff

VS Clubhouse at SFO is pre-security. No need to clear security. However they're in separate terminals.

The SFO DL Skyclub is one of the best around. Despite no international flights, nor partner airlines using, it's on par with JFK T4 or ATL F or new SEA SC.

OP, yes will get access. If SFO checkin can't print your VS BP, (it depends how they add the segments for the bag tag as to if they can print the VS BP) show the SC agent your VS reservation for access.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:46 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by audidudi
The poster was actually inquiring about the DL SkyClub and not the VS Clubhouse! The opening hours are from 05.00-Midnight. His VS departure is also from LAX, not SFO!
Sorry I misread. Lots of other questions in this thread about accessing other VS clubs. Agree with others' question that it may depend on the planned access method.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Many thanks for the info regarding access to the DL lounge. Good to know that we will have access and looking forward to it.

In our instance, it was much cheaper to return from LAX as it was the only date we could travel. The cheap fare bucket had sold out on both flights from SFO on that day. The flight was booked as a cheape ex-ARN fare which may have had something to do with it.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Does anyone know whether I will have access to the LGW lounge as a DM if I arrive on a non-DL/VS flight?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Does anyone know whether I will have access to the LGW lounge as a DM if I arrive on a non-DL/VS flight?
Which airline are you flying onwards to and where? There's no lounge at LGW for pure arrival passengers.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Which airline are you flying onwards to and where? There's no lounge at LGW for pure arrival passengers.
Norwegian in to LGW. Flying on to PSA on BA.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Not unless flying a ST airline. AFAIK none fly there.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Norwegian in to LGW. Flying on to PSA on BA.
No access to VS lounge as none of those flights is on VS. VS is not part of Sky Team

Also VS use the North Terminal and BA and Norwegian the South

The only way you'll get in to the BA lounge is if you have BA status or are flying in Club Europe.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not unless flying a ST airline. AFAIK none fly there.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
No access to VS lounge as none of those flights is on VS. VS is not part of Sky Team

Also VS use the North Terminal and BA and Norwegian the South

The only way you'll get in to the BA lounge is if you have BA status or are flying in Club Europe.
Sigh. Thank you for the information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.