Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by ND76
The only service glitch on the westbound was that VS catering forgot the Herschel pouches that they normally give out in PE (they gave them out eastbound).
On one of my recent VS flights in PE, the FAs said they no longer give out the Herschel amenity kits on daytime flights.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by rwoman
On one of my recent VS flights in PE, the FAs said they no longer give out the Herschel amenity kits on daytime flights.
Did they ever? IME over the past few years there have never been amenity kits on daytime flights in W.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bennos
Did they ever? IME over the past few years there have never been amenity kits on daytime flights in W.
I thought so, but in September I actually asked.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
They gave them out in November 2016, but not pillows or blankets.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
The other night, coming back LHR-LAX-OAK on VS, I was planning to use the Clubhouse in T2. I was rejected: Lady said that due to the lounge small size only those flying UC are allowed in on inbound flights. GM/PM/DM only have access when flying out to the UK.
This is in contrast with what the Delta-Virgin Atlantic Partnership webpage says. I have asked Delta to clarify whether the webpage needs amending, or the VS lady needs training.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Originally Posted by thesaints
The other night, coming back LHR-LAX-OAK on VS, I was planning to use the Clubhouse in T2. I was rejected: Lady said that due to the lounge small size only those flying UC are allowed in on inbound flights. GM/PM/DM only have access when flying out to the UK.
This is in contrast with what the Delta-Virgin Atlantic Partnership webpage says. I have asked Delta to clarify whether the webpage needs amending, or the VS lady needs training.
Did you hear back about this? You were not in UC but you are DL PM?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I was able to access the Virgin lounge at LHR as a Delta diamond flying Delta economy-class during the late-morning hours in November 2017.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Delta Gold, Platinum and Diamond get Virgin lounge access regardless of class flown. One guest allowed, did it as a Platinum last week (interestingly my Virgin boarding pass still said Diamond - my 2017 status).
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Slow learner
Delta Gold, Platinum and Diamond get Virgin lounge access regardless of class flown. One guest allowed, did it as a Platinum last week (interestingly my Virgin boarding pass still said Diamond - my 2017 status).

Except that GM's only get access to clubhouses in the US. Only Diamonds and Plats can use the LHR clubhouse. Golds have to use No 1 Lounges. This is not a Sky Team Elite benefit, but a special partnership.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Feb 28, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Slow learner
But only when flying non-stop US-UK routes.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
New Economy Fares

I'm surprised there is no discussion about new economy fares on Virgin Atlantic.

What is an implementation of 3 new VS economy fares for DL Skymiles elite? That's what bothers me honestly.

Previously as a Diamond member you could book any economy fare and get to choose an extra legroom seat for free.
Now VS has 3 economy fares:
- economy Light (no seat assignment)
- economy Classic (standard seats for free)
- economy Delight (extra legroom seats)

Do you get upgraded to economy Delight (as you do to Comfort+) or just get no more seating privileges?

With mileage earnings it's even more confusing. VS would credit miles depending not on a fare class, but based on the experience you choose:
- economy Light 25% (can be booked into O and higher)
- economy Classic 50% (can be booked into O and higher)
- economy Delight 150% (can be booked into O and higher)

So any experience is booked into same booking class, what matters is the fare code and the fare code (corresponding to an experience onboard) dictates the number of miles you earn.

Delta has updated mileage earning chard for VS starting April 10, 2018, but I struggle to understand what they meant.
They list T as economy Light, when in fact any economy booking class could be booked as light, not only T.
They list N O just as deep discounted when they could be light, classic and delight.
They list V as economy Delight, when again it could be Light or Classic as well.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by urww
I'm surprised there is no discussion about new economy fares on Virgin Atlantic.

What is an implementation of 3 new VS economy fares for DL Skymiles elite? That's what bothers me honestly.

Previously as a Diamond member you could book any economy fare and get to choose an extra legroom seat for free.
Now VS has 3 economy fares:
- economy Light (no seat assignment)
- economy Classic (standard seats for free)
- economy Delight (extra legroom seats)

Do you get upgraded to economy Delight (as you do to Comfort+) or just get no more seating privileges?

With mileage earnings it's even more confusing. VS would credit miles depending not on a fare class, but based on the experience you choose:
- economy Light 25% (can be booked into O and higher)
- economy Classic 50% (can be booked into O and higher)
- economy Delight 150% (can be booked into O and higher)

So any experience is booked into same booking class, what matters is the fare code and the fare code (corresponding to an experience onboard) dictates the number of miles you earn.

Delta has updated mileage earning chard for VS starting April 10, 2018, but I struggle to understand what they meant.
They list T as economy Light, when in fact any economy booking class could be booked as light, not only T.
They list N O just as deep discounted when they could be light, classic and delight.
They list V as economy Delight, when again it could be Light or Classic as well.
There is - discussed here - Does VS's new "Economy Delight" mean no more ELR upgrade?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
quick question i couldn't find anywhere else. If i'm a DL Diamond and i book a flight on DL metal with VS miles, do i get DL Diamond benefits (upgrade to C+) or am I treated with no status?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by playbbg
quick question i couldn't find anywhere else. If i'm a DL Diamond and i book a flight on DL metal with VS miles, do i get DL Diamond benefits (upgrade to C+) or am I treated with no status?
It depends if DL is able to enter your SM into the reservation. Give DL a call and ask if they can add it. If so you should be good as mileage awards are booked under the DL code for Delta operated flights.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.