Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hello FTers! I am very excited to announce details around our recently approved partnership with Virgin Atlantic. Starting July 3rd, enjoy the best U.S. to U.K. travel experience through our new partnership. You will be able to take advantage of more flight choices, premium onboard amenities and added loyalty perks, including an expanded network featuring additional nonstop service to the U.K., complimentary access to the award-winning and luxurious Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses for BusinessElite or Upper Class passengers and Diamond or Platinum Medallion members and the ability to earn and use miles with Virgin Atlantic.

When flying Virgin Atlantic, Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion member benefits will enjoy the following benefits: Priority Boarding, Check-In, Security and Baggage, plus baggage fee waivers.

Visit delta.com/virginatlantic to learn more about the new best-in-the-business travel benefits.
I've spent over an hour on the phone with the Diamond Medallion line and we can't find a single flight with upgrade availability on Virgin Atlantic nor can the agent or supervisor provide any details on what flights or routes would even be eligible for upgrades. When we couldn't find upgrades on the specific SFO>LHR route I wanted, I literally said I am willing to book any flight where there might be upgrade availability and they still couldn't find a single flight in 2017 with availability. It's tough for me to see the value in this if there is no actual opportunity to use the GUC's on this route.

@Delta @SkyMilesTeam is there a specific set of routes that are eligible? Is there a process to get these upgrades?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:24 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by alextril
I've spent over an hour on the phone with the Diamond Medallion line and we can't find a single flight with upgrade availability on Virgin Atlantic nor can the agent or supervisor provide any details on what flights or routes would even be eligible for upgrades. When we couldn't find upgrades on the specific SFO>LHR route I wanted, I literally said I am willing to book any flight where there might be upgrade availability and they still couldn't find a single flight in 2017 with availability. It's tough for me to see the value in this if there is no actual opportunity to use the GUC's on this route.

@Delta @SkyMilesTeam is there a specific set of routes that are eligible? Is there a process to get these upgrades?
Upgrade space for VS should be the same as award space. Try using the award calendar to find a day with low level awards and then see if the DM line can process upgrades on that.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Have they taken away Private Channel access at LHR for DM/PM not in D1/UC ?

Footprint notes still say we can access, but main text says "Enjoy Fastrak security"...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:00 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by thesaints

Footprint notes still say we can access, but main text says "Enjoy Fastrak security"...
I think it might have always said that. And then the footnote clarified that there were two versions of fast access, Private Channel for DM/PM and regular fast track for GM.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM

The last time I flew LHR-US as a PM in PE on VS I had access to Fastrak but not to Private Channel. That was last November.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The last time I flew LHR-US as a PM in PE on VS I had access to Fastrak but not to Private Channel. That was last November.
As a PM (Feb-Sep 2016) and DM, I've had no issue.

Will ask on Monday as I'll be with a GM and a Non-Rev.

Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bgriff
I think it might have always said that. And then the footnote clarified that there were two versions of fast access, Private Channel for DM/PM and regular fast track for GM.
My impression is that the main text has changed yet again, after a first change last Summer when access to CH at LHR was limited.

Originally, the rule page was consistent; I feel DL may have never bothered to update the footnotes.

Looking forward to rwoman report.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
My impression is that the main text has changed yet again, after a first change last Summer when access to CH at LHR was limited.

Originally, the rule page was consistent; I feel DL may have never bothered to update the footnotes.

Looking forward to rwoman report.
Monday.... Assuming the London Marathon does not kill me on Sunday.

Because LHR DTW LAX SYD will be FUN the day after. Having flown back to the UK the day after Chicago and Marine Corps, I think it'll be ugly. Still hoping the GUC gods come through for LAX SYD.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:21 am

Flew PE SFO-LHR yesterday. I'm PM and asked the FA nicely for fast track and got the pink card. three people ahead of me vs long lines for the alternative. (Not sure if I answered your Q)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:16 am

It's also worth mentioning that if you travel to the UK with any regularity (4 times within the past 24 months), or have a visa, you can join the Registered Traveller scheme, which grants you access to the UK and EU automated entry lanes.

As others have pointed out, though, both VS and DL flight attendants are apt to provide a FastTrack Voucher upon request from a PM/DM customer in W/Y.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:42 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Physical Medallion Card Requirement

For access to the Club Houses in both JFK and LHR is a physical Medallion card required or would the app/digital card be accepted?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TTT
For access to the Club Houses in both JFK and LHR is a physical Medallion card required or would the app/digital card be accepted?
Just flew VS/DL JFK-LHR this week, and in both cases, all the desk person looked at was that Diamond was printed on the BP (and I could see on the screen in LHR that it popped up as DM too), so they didn't even ask for the card.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:21 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Cory6188
Just flew VS/DL JFK-LHR this week, and in both cases, all the desk person looked at was that Diamond was printed on the BP (and I could see on the screen in LHR that it popped up as DM too), so they didn't even ask for the card.
Wonderful - thank you!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Cory6188
This for SFO / LHR this week (i'm PM, and it was noted on my boarding pass)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by azdmelani
This for SFO / LHR this week (i'm PM, and it was noted on my boarding pass)
PMs have always been able to use the ClubHouse at SFO. Only DMs are currently eligible to use the one at LHR, until such time that the renovations have finished, which could be anytime, and then PMs will be able to use it again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.