Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership

Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:33 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. You get access when flying to/from the UK on VS/DL. Doesn't need to be TATL.
So I can just show up at the JNB clubhouse later this week and will get access?

This must be an undocumented benefit then, as per the rules, access is granted in connection with a same-day TATL flight. See my quote on an earlier post with the official rule. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27512689-post544.html
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SDQBound

This must be an undocumented benefit then, as per the rules, access is granted in connection with a same-day TATL flight. See my quote on an earlier post with the official rule. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27512689-post544.html
I know when flying VS metal, JNB-LHR in Y got access. Only on VS metal, no access when flying JNB-ATL. VS line to me was that they give elites in Y access when on VS metal. When on DL metal it needs to be a TATL NA/UK.

Of course like so much this could just be all agent making it up.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels

As a PM traveling in PE, I was not given VS CH access in JNB last summer.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:50 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Arrivals lounge question - my wife and I are flying VS-operated, DL-coded PEY/W today. I'm Plat, so will receive access to the VS Revivals for a quick shower before we head into town. Should my wife also expect access as my companion? We're on separate records, but she is linked as my companion on the DL side (i.e., she was upgraded to F on my status RDU-JFK).
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
As previously stated guests are not allowed in revivals.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
DM/PM travelling in UC/D1 can bring a guest to the LHR Clubhouse.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I know when flying VS metal, JNB-LHR in Y got access. Only on VS metal, no access when flying JNB-ATL. VS line to me was that they give elites in Y access when on VS metal. When on DL metal it needs to be a TATL NA/UK.

Of course like so much this could just be all agent making it up.
Back to report that access is per the current rules and not as noted by flyerCO. Clubhouse access for DM/PM only available in the US in connection with a flight to the UK. Not available at any other location unless flying UC, which already includes the access anyways. So DM/PM departing JNB on a VS flight in Premium Economy does not have access to the Clubhouse.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I believe only the CH at LHR is off-limits for DM/PM not travelling in UC/D1.
In particular VS has a CH at LGW. Yet, rules seem to specify TATL travel.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec, IHG Amb, SPG/Marriott Gold
Skyclub access with VS flight

Flying VS from ATL. Do I get Skyclub access as a DL Gold? The rules imply I don't but wanted to check in with FT'ers recent experiences.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by thesaints
I believe only the CH at LHR is off-limits for DM/PM not travelling in UC/D1.
In particular VS has a CH at LGW. Yet, rules seem to specify TATL travel.
I recently travelled from LHR>SFO on VS and in Y class. The check-in lady said that DMs are now allowed access again to the CH at LHR, even when flying in PE/Y. I don't know if this would also apply to DL flights, as I didn't ask, nor did I ask about PMs having the same access. Apparently this all started a few months ago, when some parts of the CH became off-limits due to construction, thereby eliminating a number of seats. The construction appeared to be over, as I didn't see anything going on two weeks ago!
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by audidudi
I recently travelled from LHR>SFO on VS and in Y class. The check-in lady said that DMs are now allowed access again to the CH at LHR, even when flying in PE/Y. I don't know if this would also apply to DL flights, as I didn't ask, nor did I ask about PMs having the same access. Apparently this all started a few months ago, when some parts of the CH became off-limits due to construction, thereby eliminating a number of seats. The construction appeared to be over, as I didn't see anything going on two weeks ago!
Discussed in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...lounge-t3.html

When I went through two weeks ago there was still very much construction going on (by where the pool table used to be), albeit behind a temporary wall.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Punjabi
Flying VS from ATL. Do I get Skyclub access as a DL Gold? The rules imply I don't but wanted to check in with FT'ers recent experiences.
Yes you'll get SC access. In LHR you'll only get No. 1 Lounge access.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:10 pm

Cannot find any post related to this, but it seems that Premium Economy Awards now can be booked. Found several VS JFK-LHR for 55K

Mods, please move this post if this was discussed elsewhere.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cannot find any post related to this, but it seems that Premium Economy Awards now can be booked. Found several VS JFK-LHR for 55K

Mods, please move this post if this was discussed elsewhere.
I noted this a few weeks ago --

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27937737-post21.html
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Thanks for pointing this out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.