Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 11:52 am

Reading through the access policies here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
I would say that an F seat no longer gets you into a lounge going to Canada or Mexico (or any destination for that matter) if you are on DL and the seat is not branded "Delta One." If you are on another carrier (i.e. Aeromexico), you still get skyclub access. Elite+ still gets access going to CAN/MEX regardless of cabin.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by The Situation
Reading through the access policies here: https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
I would say that an F seat no longer gets you into a lounge going to Canada or Mexico (or any destination for that matter) if you are on DL and the seat is not branded "Delta One." If you are on another carrier (i.e. Aeromexico), you still get skyclub access. Elite+ still gets access going to CAN/MEX regardless of cabin.
Yes we know. However many of us have been told the policy didn't change. The issue being that whomever typed up the policy didn't understand that the way it is worded makes it appear no access. Ie that domestic F doesn't get access and not understanding that international F does. I've contacted CS and talked with JFK SC manager who've both said no change. I wish someone who knows someone high up at DL, would contact and get a firm answer.
Old May 8, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by griffy208
I wouldn't use another card - it would either be cash, miles, or the DL amex.
I meant that of those options, I thought only the latter works.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I meant that of those options, I thought only the latter works.
Gotcha. I've got my fingers crossed for miles, now being flush with at least a few from customer service...
Old May 8, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Yes we know. However many of us have been told the policy didn't change. The issue being that whomever typed up the policy didn't understand that the way it is worded makes it appear no access. Ie that domestic F doesn't get access and not understanding that international F does. I've contacted CS and talked with JFK SC manager who've both said no change. I wish someone who knows someone high up at DL, would contact and get a firm answer.
Wait. I thought you already got the firm answer from DL Corporate (whatever that means). You insisted over and over that absolutely nothing had changed.
The problem is bad wording in New policy. Nithing changed, I even confirmed with DL Corporate. However the way the new rules were written does make it appear no access is granted. The problem is that they've told agents only to apply the policy for ST airlines for other ST airlines, not for DL. Since access based on being in F to Canada was previously based on this it's given the impression Canada doesn't get access. It does indeed, just when policy was updated, no one caught that they needed to now make the now separate DL policy include wording for Canada. It was assumed it already did since access was already granted.

Not the 1st time and won't be last that DL screws up writing new policies.
Now that everyone has challenged your claim, you seem to be backing down from your certainty

It seems far more likely to me that this was an intentional change and whichever employee you talked to (if that's even true) was simply uninformed. It makes little sense for a puddle jumper RJ SEA-YVR to get skyclub access while transcon SFO-BOS does not.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I have gotten an answer from corporate CS. Even stated that again in post you quote. What I asked is I wish we could get that answer from a high up at Delta. Not just corporate CS, or lounge manager, an answer from an actual executive.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
Does anyone know if as a GM, I would have access in the SEA SkyClub if my flights are as follows:

YYZ-YYC (WS operated, WS flight number)
YYC-SEA (DL operated, WS flight number)
SEA-SJC (DL operated, WS flight number)

And yes, it's all on a WS ticket, all in economy.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I am booked on a domestic flight to JFK. The same day (evening), on a separate ticket, I am flying from JFK to Europe. Will I be able to access the SkyClub in the morming before the domestic leg? If so, will they see the evening reservation when I produce the domestic BP? Most likely I will not be able to check in online for the international flight so I will not have a BP.
Old May 9, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I am booked on a domestic flight to JFK. The same day (evening), on a separate ticket, I am flying from JFK to Europe. Will I be able to access the SkyClub in the morming before the domestic leg? If so, will they see the evening reservation when I produce the domestic BP? Most likely I will not be able to check in online for the international flight so I will not have a BP.
Yes, I have 100% success in doing what you are doing. Just be prepared to explain that you have a flight later in the day that qualifies you on a separate ticket. It may require some extra typing by the agent to allow access, but it should not be a huge hassle.
Old May 10, 2019, 8:04 am

Just give them your international boarding pass at the club
Old May 10, 2019, 8:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by The Situation
Yes, I have 100% success in doing what you are doing. Just be prepared to explain that you have a flight later in the day that qualifies you on a separate ticket. It may require some extra typing by the agent to allow access, but it should not be a huge hassle.
Thanks! Hopefully they are in the mood to look it up.

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Just give them your international boarding pass at the club
I will not be able to get an international boarding pass until I check in at JFK later in the evening.
Old May 11, 2019, 2:05 pm

Sky Club Access on Arrival

I am flying Delta domestic economy into JFK, then have a separate business class ticket on Asiana JFK-ICN. Will JFK T4 Sky Club Agents let Plat Amex cardholders in with a same day Delta boarding pass on arrival. Access rules appear to allow this, but I wonder if they give any pushback? We dont have any desire to go to Swiss Lounge at JFK. It would be nice to stay in SkyClub 4-6 hours until Asiana boards in T4.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:30 pm

Yes, Platinum card should be good for access on arrival.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by PokerWhammy
I am flying Delta domestic economy into JFK, then have a separate business class ticket on Asiana JFK-ICN. Will JFK T4 Sky Club Agents let Plat Amex cardholders in with a same day Delta boarding pass on arrival. Access rules appear to allow this, but I wonder if they give any pushback? We dont have any desire to go to Swiss Lounge at JFK. It would be nice to stay in SkyClub 4-6 hours until Asiana boards in T4.
I’ve used my AMEX Platinum card upon arrival from DL domestic economy a few times and there’s never been a problem.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:08 pm

Any update on whether there still denying some FC pax entry on Canadian itinerary? Flying through MSP in a week just wanted to make sure. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.