Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by defrosted
Understand and agree. I think I misunderstood the point of the post I quoted. I thought they were confused about no entry, but upon further review perhaps they were just being the first to report the change is being enforced. As mentioned earlier someone has said there was ZERO reports of this being enforced. Looks like that is no longer the case.
There were reports in another thread of being refused access a few months ago (before the the website language was updated). They also noted that "Sky Club" did not appear on their boarding pass. I'm guessing the change was made awhile back and they just didn't get around to updating the website until a few weeks ago.
strickerj and defrosted like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Once more, death by a thousand itty bitty cuts. My family is not going to like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
Since it has not been yet reported, SLC club is denying access to Canada and Mexico First passenger unless you have a membership.
This apparently new policy is nonsensical. It allows for the somewhat ambiguous "premium cabin" passengers on partner carriers SC access, but DL pax need to be specifically in D1. For example, both DL and AM have LAX-MEX nonstops. AM FC is usually cheaper than DL FC (punch in samples and you'll see), but with the current wording of the DL website, AM FC passengers will be let in while DL's own passengers will be denied access.

Am I the only person to find this flawed?
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
This is a rhetorical question right?
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
This apparently new policy is nonsensical. It allows for the somewhat ambiguous "premium cabin" passengers on partner carriers SC access, but DL pax need to be specifically in D1. For example, both DL and AM have LAX-MEX nonstops. AM FC is usually cheaper than DL FC (punch in samples and you'll see), but with the current wording of the DL website, AM FC passengers will be let in while DL's own passengers will be denied access.

And earn $1000 more in MQD and over 1000 more RDM's, a win win.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I was at SLC week ago, got in with F BP to Canada. Also co-worker with FO status and upgraded got in. If agent scans the BP it'll confirm you have access. There is confusion by way policy is worded. However F to Canada/Mexico does indeed get access.

If agent give pushback ask for a redcoat or the SC supervisor/manager.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Just adding to the fodder here, the SkyTeam website lounges page states:
All First and Business Class passengers traveling on, or connecting to/from, a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam member airline have access to a lounge.
In case DL forgot, DL is a SkyTeam member airline.

This contradicts the DL website wording which limits DL passengers access to those flying D1.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just adding to the fodder here, the SkyTeam website lounges page states:

In case DL forgot, DL is a SkyTeam member airline.

This contradicts the DL website wording which limits DL passengers access to those flying D1.

Hate to break the news, but this is not the only area where DL contradicts Skyteam rules. Have you forgotten about access to third-party lounges when flying DL metal???

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

If there was no change in policy, then why did DL feel the need to update the language on it's website?

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 11, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
Hate to break the news, but this is not the only area where DL contradicts Skyteam rules. Have you forgotten about access to third-party lounges when flying DL metal???

If there was no change in policy, then why did DL feel the need to update the language on it's website?
Most likely oversight when updating. Not hard to believe that person who wrote it up either 1)doesn't realize there's no D1 on short haul international or 2)didn't realize Canada/Mexico F got access. Even before the change online most agents (outside SC) insisted that Canada/Mexico didn't get access.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ

There's not been disbelieving of you or any reports by anyone here. What there has been is both contradiction between DL and the ST websites and real-life reports as to those flying FC on Canada and Mexico flights being let in to SCs or not. Until DL and ST clearly communicate a clear-cut policy new or old, there's going to be ongoing confusion and unnecessary back-and-forth between many travelers and DL agents.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Apr 12, 2019 at 7:07 am Reason: Mod - deleted personal conflict
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by LBJ
For many years DL applied the Skyteam rules for "premium cabin" passengers and permitted FC pax on Canada/Mex/Central America/etc. (but not the Caribbean) flights to enter the Sky Clubs even those these aren't D1 flights. They recently updated the website a few weeks ago (see change above), to specifically exclude DL operated flights from the Skyteam rules for lounge entrance for premium cabin pax. So, unless you are a DL Skyteam Elite Plus, you can now only enter the lounges when you are in a D1 cabin on DL operated flights.
I'm very confused by this. So does this mean that if I'm on a DL-operated international flight within North America, I can still get into a Sky Club by virtue of my status? If so, this may be an appealing option as opposed to, let's say, going with AM if I decide to fly to Mexico in the future.

Last edited by Akiestar; Apr 12, 2019 at 12:02 am
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Akiestar
I'm very confused by this. So does this mean that if I'm on a DL-operated international flight within North America, I can still get into a Sky Club by virtue of my status? If so, this may be an appealing option as opposed to, let's say, going with AM if I decide to fly to Mexico in the future.
Yes unless flying to the Caribbean.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes unless flying to the Caribbean.
Disappointing since I'm going to NAS this June.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It just gets very frustrating when go through a lot of effort to produce facts (like getting snapshots off of archive.org) and people simply ignore them and act as if they don't exist. I get some of the confusion and that a lot of verbiage for DL flights is no longer needed and could simply be cut out. But it seems to me the exception language they added is pretty clear. If you don't believe that DL can make its own rules in contradiction to ST, how about it's exclusion of Caribbean flights from access for Skyteam Elite Plus members? The Skyteam website used to say nothing about excluding the Caribbean for many years (but I now see that it does). But when DL initially put that policy in place it was in direct contradiction to Skyteam rules.
strickerj and defrosted like this.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Apr 12, 2019 at 7:08 am Reason: Mod deletion - personal conflict
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
It just gets very frustrating when go through a lot of effort to produce facts (like getting snapshots off of archive.org) and people simply ignore them and act as if they don't exist. I get some of the confusion and that a lot of verbiage for DL flights is no longer needed and could simply be cut out. But it seems to me the exception language they added is pretty clear. If you don't believe that DL can make its own rules in contradiction to ST, how about it's exclusion of Caribbean flights from access for Skyteam Elite Plus members? The Skyteam website used to say nothing about excluding the Caribbean for many years (but I now see that it does). But when DL initially put that policy in place it was in direct contradiction to Skyteam rules.
I also find it strange all the fuss about this considering, if I understand correctly, this only effects people that have no status yet can afford first class tickets but can't afford $29 entry fee and a Delta Amex. Anyone with GM or higher gets in regardless of cabin.

I mean I guess the few FO that got upgraded could have a more legitimate gripe about declining benefits, but really how many could that actually be since first upgrades (even to Canada) are hard to come by even for GM.

Or is this just an argument for argument's sake?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.