Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by gooselee
I don't.

Suppose DL allowed kids under 8 in for free. The very next day we'd see this exact post, except it would say "8 1/2 year old child" instead.

DL actually has pretty clear rules for who must pay what to access the clubs, and it is perfectly acceptable (desirable, in fact) for them to consistently enforce said rules.
Wow, you guys really don't travel with your families, do you?

I just meant that I always felt the $29/$59 fee was to help offset the cost of the free alcohol and well, kids don't drink alcohol.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by pvn
You won't find much sympathy here, a lot of people wish that Delta would prohibit your kid from coming in at all.
Wow, really? It's not a businessman's club... it's a club. I have every right to have my child in there, as long as they are acting accordingly.

I have NO PROBLEM with Delta starting/enforcing a rule against screaming kids, etc. My child just happens to be well-behaved.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Wow, really? It's not a businessman's club... it's a club. I have every right to have my child in there, as long as they are acting accordingly.

I have NO PROBLEM with Delta starting/enforcing a rule against screaming kids, etc. My child just happens to be well-behaved.
You have every right to bring your well-behaved child into the club, just as Delta has every right to expect you to pay for them the way any other member pays for a guest.

And while your 6 1/2 year old doesn't drink any alcohol, it is my experience that kids are sprawled out on their iPads taking up 3 seats when the Sky Club is super crowded. (And yes, some adults do that too.)

Listen, everyone who comes into the Sky Club uses it in some way. I have nothing against kids, or families, or bachelor parties. But it's only fair that we all pay our fair share.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

I just meant that I always felt the $29/$59 fee was to help offset the cost of the free alcohol and well, kids don't drink alcohol.
I tried that argument with my wedding caterer regarding charging the open bar fee for my wife's Mormon cousins. I got about as far in that as you might get with Delta on this issue.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

Actually, I do travel with my family. Extended family, even. Sometimes the $29/person is worth it. Often it's not.

I don't know why people keep equating the $29/$59 fee to payment for alcohol. It's not, and if it was, that would be a pretty bad deal (especially for $59). For $29 I can probably get two much better drinks in an equally comfy seat at the airport bar.

What you're actually paying for is entry to a limited-access space within an airport, within which (and as part of the overall operating cost), there just happens to be complimentary food, beverage, reading material, power outlets, wifi, bathrooms, etc. available. Alcohol is only a small part of what you're paying for.

Yes, you do have every right to bring your child in there...in exchange for the appropriate fee which DL has clearly established and advertised ahead of time.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Gold medallion arriving CDG-LAX on AF premium economy, departing on DL LAX-SMF in C+

can i access the SC at LAX? would be handy since i have a 3+ hour layover and want a shower.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Gold medallion arriving CDG-LAX on AF premium economy, departing on DL LAX-SMF in C+

can i access the SC at LAX? would be handy since i have a 3+ hour layover and want a shower.
Yes. Note only T2 SC has showers. After dropping bags at the TBIT bag recheck, I would simply walk landside and clear TSA there. You could clear at TBIT and take bus, but will take a bit longer to get to T2. Your flight will leave from T3 most likely. Remember to leave 20 minutes before you normally would to account for any delays with bus taking you to T3. Also make sure to get on correct bus. One goes to T3, one to TBIT.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Note only T2 SC has showers. After dropping bags at the TBIT bag recheck, I would simply walk landside and clear TSA there. You could clear at TBIT and take bus, but will take a bit longer to get to T2. Your flight will leave from T3 most likely. Remember to leave 20 minutes before you normally would to account for any delays with bus taking you to T3. Also make sure to get on correct bus. One goes to T3, one to TBIT.
Thanks, this will be my first connecting at LAX since the terminal move so should be interesting.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:24 am

SAN (DL F) --> LAX (AF J) --> CDG under one AF PNR. I assume I will have access to SC at SAN based on the long haul AF J segment, correct?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sleepro
SAN (DL F) --> LAX (AF J) --> CDG under one AF PNR. I assume I will have access to SC at SAN based on the long haul AF J segment, correct?
Correct
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sleepro
Yes. Also at LAX. Not sure who AF uses at LAX, but if it's the KE lounge skip it and stay at the SC. KE lounge is awful. Never seen a lounge get such consistent bad reviews. Just leave early enough to catch the shuttle between terminals.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Correct
Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Correct
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. Also at LAX. Not sure who AF uses at LAX, but if it's the KE lounge skip it and stay at the SC. KE lounge is awful. Never seen a lounge get such consistent bad reviews. Just leave early enough to catch the shuttle between terminals.
Thanks. Yes, AF still uses KE and it's still underwhelming.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:33 am

I have a upcoming flight connecting to a D1 transcon and then further connecting, to a flight the next day. I get into JFK at about 11pm and depart the next morning at 9am. Will I still have access to the Skyclub for the last flight, seeing as it isn't same day?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I have a upcoming flight connecting to a D1 transcon and then further connecting, to a flight the next day. I get into JFK at about 11pm and depart the next morning at 9am. Will I still have access to the Skyclub for the last flight, seeing as it isn't same day?
If it's all part of one reservation the system should see the D1 flight and be ok. Just ppint put you flew in from LAX in D1.

If on separate tickets you might get pushback. Per agents they view same day as within 24hrs. Despite T4 SC agent saying same day = 24 hrs, I've never seen it written in policy. However I've been told the same at LAX and RDU.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.