Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
SkyClub Individual Membership - Two guests or spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 for $29 per guest per club visit

I am traveling with my wife and my almost 2yr old and my 3mos old. They make it sound like I can only bring up to 2 guest... I'd assume kids 2yr and younger a 3mos old would have no charge? Or maybe the front desk workers realize something like this? Haven't taken the entire family yet.
Two guests or spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 for $29 per guest per club visit.
As both are under 21, I think they'll admit both children if the $29 is paid.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html
Old May 11, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
SkyClub Individual Membership - Two guests or spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 for $29 per guest per club visit<br /><br />I am traveling with my wife and my almost 2yr old and my 3mos old. They make it sound like I can only bring up to 2 guest... I'd assume kids 2yr and younger a 3mos old would have no charge? Or maybe the front desk workers realize something like this? Haven't taken the entire family yet.
<br /><br />IndividI am membership is individual. You can then take up to 2 guests OR spouse/partner and however many children's under 21 for $29 per person. No free admittance AFAIK unless you get an Executive membership.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Seems pretty heavy handed. My 2yr old and 3mos old are't going to use anything except the oxygen inside the club. I get it though.

And last time I flew with just my daughter last November they didn't charge for her. Just my wife.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by flyerCO
<br /><br />IndividI am membership is individual. You can then take up to 2 guests OR spouse/partner and however many children's under 21 for $29 per person. No free admittance AFAIK unless you get an Executive membership.
I would plan on paying the fee for every-one, including the kiddos. Earlier this week, witnessed a loud-moth jerk berating the JFK SC attendant about paying $29 each for the two kids.

Also, keep in mind, $29 is per visit. So, if you stop in an SC at origin and then stop in JFK or ATL, you'll be asked to pay the fee again. Crowd control...
Old May 11, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Seems pretty heavy handed. My 2yr old and 3mos old are't going to use anything except the oxygen inside the club. I get it though.

And last time I flew with just my daughter last November they didn't charge for her. Just my wife.
Well depending how loud they scream they could use plenty of oxygen or almost none at all.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I would plan on paying the fee for every-one, including the kiddos. Earlier this week, witnessed a loud-moth jerk berating the JFK SC attendant about paying $29 each for the two kids.

Also, keep in mind, $29 is per visit. So, if you stop in an SC at origin and then stop in JFK or ATL, you'll be asked to pay the fee again. Crowd control...
Yah I have no problem with my wife. And even the 2yr old. Likely she might eat some food. An extra charge(if it exist) for a 3mos old seems completely silly.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SkyClub Individual Membership - Two guests or spouse or domestic partner and children under 21 for $29 per guest per club visit

I am traveling with my wife and my almost 2yr old and my 3mos old. They make it sound like I can only bring up to 2 guest... I'd assume kids 2yr and younger a 3mos old would have no charge? Or maybe the front desk workers realize something like this? Haven't taken the entire family yet.
The Sky Club rules say those with a single visit pass may bring in "children under 2" for free. The Amex Reserve access benefit says "Children 2 years old or younger can accompany you at no charge". It seems unlikely to me they would enforce this differently based on your method of access. So I'm guessing if your kids look two or less you won't have to pay.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
The Sky Club rules say those with a single visit pass may bring in "children under 2" for free. The Amex Reserve access benefit says "Children 2 years old or younger can accompany you at no charge". It seems unlikely to me they would enforce this differently based on your method of access. So I'm guessing if your kids look two or less you won't have to pay.
Interesting. I have an actual SkyClub Individual Membership. As well as would have access with the AMEX Personal Platinum via the 'lounge collection'. Wonder if their two rules are different technically?

And I was on same train of thought. If they look under 2 they can slide.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Yah I have no problem with my wife. And even the 2yr old. Likely she might eat some food. An extra charge(if it exist) for a 3mos old seems completely silly.
I should add World's Best Dad at JFK was complaining about the fee for his tweens, not infants. So, he would not have been able to seek refuge in the Terms and Conditions of the Amex Plat or SC Individual Membership.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I should add World's Best Dad at JFK was complaining about the fee for his tweens, not infants. So, he would not have been able to seek refuge in the Terms and Conditions of the Amex Plat or SC Individual Membership.
If they are walking and carrying their own bags and such probably time to charge...

And not yell at employees.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by sturges
I know SkyClub-on-arrival questions have been asked a million times, but how does it work if connecting to a non-partner?

AMS-PDX in D1
PDX-GEG on Alaska (Q400 w/o F cabin)

Can I use the Sky Club in PDX?
IIRC, you can use the Sky Club on arrival if connecting to a SkyTeam flight, but Alaska isn't even a partner now.

I don't think I can use the Alaska Lounge as my next flight isn't in F - even though it isn't even an option.
Yep. Wife and I used the PDX club before our PDX-AMS flight, as well as after our AMS-PDX flight. Just showed the same-day D1 boarding passes. Granted this was last April, but yes you should get in.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Is the price for individual visits still $29? When I look on DL.com, it says $59. My wife and I are both DL Reserve cardmembers, so we'll get in free, but $59 may be prohibitive to get our 7yr old in...

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Is the price for individual visits still $29? When I look on DL.com, it says $59. My wife and I are both DL Reserve cardmembers, so we'll get in free, but $59 may be prohibitive to get our 7yr old in...

Thanks in advance.
Reserve cardholders get additional guests (up to 2) for $29/each. $59 is the general entry price. General entry price was never $29. It was formerly $50 for a day pay pass (multiple entries), and then raised to $59 for a single visit.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jtrue28

Thanks in advance.
59 is the non-guest (meaning purchasing for yourself to access) pass rate. 29 is the discounted guest pass rate.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I believe $29 is the rate for Delta Amex card too, at least that's what I paid in October

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.