Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by savekenny
Got it. Thanks! Will be arriving at HKG... so I think will be heading to either Qantas or KE lounge. Hope they will let me in!
Arrivals at international airports is tough if there's not a designated arrivals lounge. Generally, if you're not a transit passenger, you have to go through passport control and customs and will then be dumped landside with no ability to get at airside lounges. This is the case with the ST Lounge at LHR T4, for instance. (Although DL uses the Yotel as an arrivals lounge for BE and ST E+ passengers there, as it's landside.)
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
AF also has an arrival lounge landside at CDG. It is small and windowless, but has decent snacks, showers, wifi, a couple of computers, and some semi-reclined massage chairs in a separate room. I found it a great resource when I landed in early morning six hours before I could get into my rental apartment. The lounge chairs had more recline than economy comfort!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I was just wondering something similar. I am taking my husband and my parents on a trip. I have a SkyClub membership (free for being DM) and I also have an Amex DL Reserve. Can I hand them both the SC card and the DL Reserve card and get 3 guests in?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by VelvetKennedy
I was just wondering something similar. I am taking my husband and my parents on a trip. I have a SkyClub membership (free for being DM) and I also have an Amex DL Reserve. Can I hand them both the SC card and the DL Reserve card and get 3 guests in?
Likely no. I am DM and AmEx Reserve and with both cards in my name, I've never had them let me bring in more than 2 guests. However, if it's a busy enough club and you're sneaky about it, you can get away with it. I've watched (though not tried personally), a SC member enter with 2 guests, 10 minutes later walk out of the club and come back in with another guest.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:13 pm

I am sure this has been answered and tried searching and believe I found the answer but wanted to confirm on here, haven't really ventured over to the Skymiles forum here, so forgive any obvoius questions.

So the inlaws are flying JNB to IAH via ATL in biz, and I wanted to confirm they have access to the lounges in ATL before their flight to Houston. They are mainly interested in getting a shower presuming on arrival in Terminal E. Any special instructions to get to a lounge with a shower upon arrival in ATL. Flight is due in 5:50 in the morning.

Thank you
Old Nov 22, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AA, PlatAmex, DeltaAmex
yes, intl bz qualifies for entrance to the sky club. I do not know the hours of operation or availability of showers.
You can look an the Delta site for that info.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Gold

Originally Posted by jose39
My wife and I are flying BE ATL-FCO. I have a Platinum AMEX (non DELTA) We are both Gold Medallion. Can we have 4 guests at the ATL Sky Club? They are flying Delta Coach.
2 Plat Amex
1 Wife's Gold Medallion
1 My Gold Medallion
You will get in the SkyTeam FCO club but have your Gold card with you.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Originally Posted by encierro98:17495459
I am sure this has been answered and tried searching and believe I found the answer but wanted to confirm on here, haven't really ventured over to the Skymiles forum here, so forgive any obvoius questions.

So the inlaws are flying JNB to IAH via ATL in biz, and I wanted to confirm they have access to the lounges in ATL before their flight to Houston. They are mainly interested in getting a shower presuming on arrival in Terminal E. Any special instructions to get to a lounge with a shower upon arrival in ATL. Flight is due in 5:50 in the morning.

Thank you
The lounge in e with the shower will be open then, definitely when they clear customs. (I don't know exact opening time, but I got off my flight landing at 550 and went straight to the lounge after customs)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by mendel k
The lounge in e with the shower will be open then, definitely when they clear customs. (I don't know exact opening time, but I got off my flight landing at 550 and went straight to the lounge after customs)
Thank you guys for the info. IN the end they decided to pass as they were worried about missing their next flight.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
access to Sky Lounge?

I read the rules on Delta web site for the Sky Lounge and I think the answer is no but would like to throw this out:

I am flying in Business class (I fare) from SFO-Yul (montreal, candada) with a transfer in DTW (Detroit). The second leg is in economy since it is a regional jet with only one class. Would I be able to access the Sky Lounge in DTW?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gallen5555
I read the rules on Delta web site for the Sky Lounge and I think the answer is no but would like to throw this out:

I am flying in Business class (I fare) from SFO-Yul (montreal, candada) with a transfer in DTW (Detroit). The second leg is in economy since it is a regional jet with only one class. Would I be able to access the Sky Lounge in DTW?
The answer is no. I think the language is pretty clear. "In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary." They don't grant exceptions just because the aircraft doesn't have a first class section.

Your SFO-DTW flight was sold as a Business fare only because you are on flight 236 which has an international continuation flight (on a different aircraft) from DTW-FCO. Your SFO-DTW flight actually has a regular domestic FC cabin and domestic FC service. Simply having a Business fare does not grant you lounge access. The only domestic Business fare flights that grant lounge access are the non-stop transcon flights to/from JFK.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
You could try. If I recall, there are 4 SkyClubs, so you could try one by one explaining the issue.

I'm curios though, what fare class is showing DTW-YUL?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by keloutwest
You could try. If I recall, there are 4 SkyClubs, so you could try one by one explaining the issue.

I'm curios though, what fare class is showing DTW-YUL?
economy L which i call loser. Thank you for your response
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:20 pm

Your SFO-DTW flight was sold as a Business fare only because you are on flight 236 which has an international continuation flight (on a different aircraft) from DTW-FCO. Your SFO-DTW flight actually has a regular domestic FC cabin and domestic FC service. Simply having a Business fare does not grant you lounge access. The only domestic Business fare flights that grant lounge access are the non-stop transcon flights to/from JFK.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the response, just thought it was strange to deny entrance when out of DTW they dont offer a direct/non stop business class to YUL

Last edited by gallen5555; Jul 24, 2012 at 6:01 pm
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Here's one for you. Go to SC locations. There's a drop down menu. If you use gold and up medallion level, it indicates you're allowed in. Use Business, and the same thing. No where does it indicate international!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.